jimmy kennedy visiting buffalo tomor

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Williams can play end in the new scheme. Like Simon said, he would look horrible at the combine, but there were quite a few plays that I remember Williams making tackles near the sideline after scraping down the line. With 3 down linemen over 300 lbs, that is more beef to contend with for sure.

No way Williams starts in 3-4, at least if play traditional 3-4. He is way too slow to move to end, and isn't going to force double teams, or be able to protect the ILB if plays NT. At best he gets 20-30 snaps a game as pass rusher/rotational player. I hate to see him hit the bench, but he just doesn't fit this type of defense.

Good players play regardless of the scheme. Don't tell me his size doesn't allow him to play NT when Dallas has a 293-lb guy at NT (Jay Ratliff) that's made 2 consecutive pro bowls.

Williams is everything a good NT should be, except his size.

Agreed. And as I've said, if a guy knows how to play with leverage and tie up blockers (which Williams can do) he can overcome the size issue.

Williams reminds me a lot of Baltimore's Kelly Gregg, who's successfully manned the NT spot in their defense for several years (Haloti Ngata does NOT play NT in that scheme).

If anything, you would think a guy with his size could command the attention of a couple of blockers to free up our LB's to make plays.

oh you mean the job of a defensive lineman in a 3-4 alignment? exactly why we brought him in for a look/interview schlomo