Browns looking to deal Quinn

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching Cleveland I could see the problem was not Quinn. Im not saying Quinn is our answer, but he was not Clevlands problem.

If I am GM Quinn is already a Bills and the press conference is scheduled for yesterday.

I would rather give up a late round pick than Donte. 5th and 7th for Quinn perhaps. Id rather have Donte than those types of picks.

Quinn has to be traded for.

Anderson is unemployed.

Anderson at least made the pro bowl.

I'm not in favor of Anderson or Quinn. Anderson had one good year, Quinn hasn't had any good years. Pass on both. But Anderson would most likely be a lot cheaper and at least has some cred.

No- I have been following both the Bills and Browns for over 20 years. Quinn is almost as depressing to watch as Rob Johnson was. How many Browns games have you watched?

I have to respectfully disagree with your opinion. I live in Cleveland and watch most of the Browns games because the wife is a big fan (and the Bills are almost never on).

Quinn's certainly looked like crap quite a bit but he's still very inexperienced. He's also had 2 new head coaches and at least 2 OC's in his time there. He's also had pretty crappy protection pretty much his entire short career there. And he's gotten jerked around because of Derek Anderson being there.

Last year the offense struggled adjusting to the new OC for 1/2 the year. The last 2 or 3 games Brady played in before getting hurt, I thought he was finally starting to "get" how to read the D and get the ball to his receivers. His accuracy was still a bit off but I think he was rushing things, especially because his protection is so suspect. But he was making good decisions.

Will he be a good NFL quarterback? I don't know but I think he may be on the verge of becoming one. I would take a chance on him over Trent Edwards immediately. I think Edwards has absorbed too many hits and either needs to go to a team with a good O-line or he's simply done. JMO.

Unlike most Bills fans, I'm not hoping the Bills dump Whitner just to get him off the roster, but for Quinn I would consider it. Quinn hasn't been great so far, but he is playing in Clevland and they haven't had much for anyone to work with. He was a great college QB who was a first rounder, he has the ability to be a franchise QB, he might just need a new team and some more development time.

Beats me. Snowbirds? Population drain? :doh:

I don't blame anyone for leaving OH. I'm open to a trade! :unsure:

I love Buffalo because I'm from here, but I don't know why anyone would want to leave Ohio to come to New York State?

Taxes...Weather....Gov. Patterson....more Taxes...our Bills (of the past decade and beyond)....Guess it must be those Chicken Wings? lol

I love Buffalo because I'm from here, but I don't know why anyone would want to leave Ohio to come to New York State?

Taxes...Weather....Gov. Patterson....more Taxes...our Bills (of the past decade and beyond)....Guess it must be those Chicken Wings? lol

I lived in Ohio for 8 years and I didn't really care for it. Lived in Cincinnati, Columbus, Middletown and Marion. Not sure why anyone would want to stay in Ohio. What is so great about the weather in Ohio? In a lot of places it is actually colder than Buffalo. There were numerous days when I woke up to go to work where the temps were below zero. Here there might be a day or two. In Buffalo a foot of snow is plowed much better than 2 inches of snow in Ohio is plowed. The roads there are horrendous in the winter if there is any type of snowfall and they get freezing rain frequently. In the summer forget about it, Buffalo has better weather hands down. Not sure how you could beat 75-80 degree sunny days virtually every day with a nice breeze. Being 90-95 and having no breeze to speak of certainly doesn't.

Also you have a lot more people in Ohio who are extremely ostentatious, pretentious, and "too impressed with their own abilities". People who think they are the sh*t driving the Beemer or Lexus as they fall behind on their $1500 mortgage payment and their house gets foreclosed on. Ohio? No thanks.

Watching Cleveland I could see the problem was not Quinn. Im not saying Quinn is our answer, but he was not Clevlands problem.

If I am GM Quinn is already a Bills and the press conference is scheduled for yesterday.

I would rather give up a late round pick than Donte. 5th and 7th for Quinn perhaps. Id rather have Donte than those types of picks.

Everything about your post is Exactly Spot-On! Anyone who would disagree with you even in the slightest bit, knows absolutely nothing about football and should be barred from civilization.

Nothing more than a 6th rounder if they are gonna do it. I'd rather just wait til they cut him...

If the Bills wait around until they cut him, it will be just another opportunity to improve that they screwed up on. There is no chance they cut him, several teams would give up a low pick for him, especially in a year where the quarterbacks are so questionable coming out of college.

If the Bills wait around until they cut him, it will be just another opportunity to improve that they screwed up on. There is no chance they cut him, several teams would give up a low pick for him, especially in a year where the quarterbacks are so questionable coming out of college.

Of course if you wait until they cut, why would he sign with the Bills. Teams like Oakland, Carolina, Washington need QB's and several teams need backups. there are certainly more appealing spots for Quinn. I think trading a possible backup former first round safety for a possible backup former 1st round QB sounds about right.

They're looking for at least a 5th for him, but I'd be extremely surprised if a team didn't offer a 4th if there are several teams vying for his services. However, and you're absolutely right on this, there is no way that they just cut him and get nothing in return for a former #1.

With that said, I'd like to hear what Jim Kelly's thoughts are on Quinn.