Browns looking to deal Quinn

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whitner for Quinn straight up is a great deal but not sure Cleveland will bite, probably not. Bills got a lot of depth at safety, why not take a chance on a former 1st round QB. He may need a change of scenary to jump start his career. This way, the Bills can cencentrate on other need positions in the draft like OT and DT. Brohm is the background in case Quinn fails.

Are you new to watching football?

No- I have been following both the Bills and Browns for over 20 years. Quinn is almost as depressing to watch as Rob Johnson was. How many Browns games have you watched?

Whitner for Quinn straight up is a great deal but not sure Cleveland will bite, probably not. Bills got a lot of depth at safety, why not take a chance on a former 1st round QB. He may need a change of scenary to jump start his career. This way, the Bills can cencentrate on other need positions in the draft like OT and DT. Brohm is the background in case Quinn fails.

Never understood the concept of change of scenery. Quinn would suck here just as much as he has sucked in Cleveland so far.

He was 14-36 (39 %), 185 yds, 0 tds, 1 INT, and a 55.9 QB rating. http://www.nfl.com/players/bradyquinn/game...amp;season=2008

I was at that game. He was the beneficiary of Trent throwing 3 picks in the first four drives. Also his FG kicker was lights out that night kicking several long ones. He did show some leadership it seemed. Whenever we blitzed him and put heat on him he crumbled like a school girl. Not sure why we didn't do it the whole game. And, on that last drive we got to the 35 and camped out resulting in the missed FG. That was the night I officially jumped off the Dick Jauron band wagon.

No- I have been following both the Bills and Browns for over 20 years. Quinn is almost as depressing to watch as Rob Johnson was. How many Browns games have you watched?

I've watched a couple games this year w/ Quinn at the helm, and I got to be honest, he's way more dynamic of a player than RJ ever was. Cleveland sucked more than Buffalo the last couple of years, so I would consider Quinn's stats to be somewhat deceiving. When you have zero WR options, an average running game, predictable play calling and a below average o-line, your QB is going to look far worse than he really is.

I've watched a couple games this year w/ Quinn at the helm, and I got to be honest, he's way more dynamic of a player than RJ ever was. Cleveland sucked more than Buffalo the last couple of years, so I would consider Quinn's stats to be somewhat deceiving. When you have zero WR options, an average running game, predictable play calling and a below average o-line, your QB is going to look far worse than he really is.

Muhammed Massaqoi has been pretty good and Brian Robiskie is work in progress. The passing game actually improved when Braylon Edwards was released. The Browns closed strong once they took the ball away from the QBs and started pounding it on the ground with their young RB's.

Quinn can't handle pressure and doesn't have much of an arm. Johnson took sacks, but was more dynamic of a player with his legs. I prefer the QB we got from Cleveland- Kelly Holcombe over either.

Muhammed Massaqoi has been pretty good and Brian Robiskie is work in progress. The passing game actually improved when Braylon Edwards was released. The Browns closed strong once they took the ball away from the QBs and started pounding it on the ground with their young RB's.

Quinn can't handle pressure and doesn't have much of an arm. Johnson took sacks, but was more dynamic of a player with his legs. I prefer the QB we got from Cleveland- Kelly Holcombe over either.

Most young QBs have trouble handling pressure and recognizing blitz packages. That comes with time. And don't sell Quinn short -- his arm strength is not bad by any means and much stronger than Holcombe's. Plus, his down field options were limited b/c the line couldn't hold up most games. I just don't think Quinn should be written off as easily as some people think. That's just my two cents.