Browns looking to deal Quinn

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brohm is so talented he can't beat out a 7th round pick to even become a 3rd stringer. So talented no one else but Buffalo wanted him...the Russ Brandon led Buffalo that is.

This!!! The love for Brohm is outstanding, and i dont get it? "He has a lot of potential" thats all i ever hear.

Brady Quinn is a good QB. He played in the spread offense. Don't get why people are down on him. He would be an upgrade at QB. I actually think Quinn and Lee Evans would be great together. We would be crazy not to trade with Cleveland. Whitner and a conditional draft pick should get it done.

Brady Quinn is a good QB. He played in the spread offense. Don't get why people are down on him. He would be an upgrade at QB. I actually think Quinn and Lee Evans would be great together. We would be crazy not to trade with Cleveland. Whitner and a conditional draft pick should get it done.

They would be great, if Lee ran 1-yard slants

This!!! The love for Brohm is outstanding, and i dont get it? "He has a lot of potential" thats all i ever hear.

Sorry, Count Dorkula, but it would be hard for him to have shown much having never played. Potential is all we have...oh yeah, except for the things we know:

1 - He is not Losman, Edwards, Fitz, Rob Johnson, or Art Schliechter

2 - He has the requisite size, intelligence, and arm strength

3 - He has never started for Cleveland and checked down more than Edwards or Quinn ALREADY HAVE

give the f-cking guy a chance to compete in camp...if he doesn't cut it, then bash him, but he has done nothing to deserve being bashed yet.

Sorry, Count Dorkula, but it would be hard for him to have shown much having never played. Potential is all we have...oh yeah, except for the things we know:

3 - He has never started for Cleveland and checked down more than Edwards or Quinn ALREADY HAVE

give the f-cking guy a chance to compete in camp...if he doesn't cut it, then bash him, but he has done nothing to deserve being bashed yet.

...and he had a very high accuracy rating in college....which is a great measure for guys who have had some NFL success (P Manning, Rivers, Brady, Brees, etc.)

I was at that game. He was the beneficiary of Trent throwing 3 picks in the first four drives. Also his FG kicker was lights out that night kicking several long ones. He did show some leadership it seemed. Whenever we blitzed him and put heat on him he crumbled like a school girl. Not sure why we didn't do it the whole game. And, on that last drive we got to the 35 and camped out resulting in the missed FG. That was the night I officially jumped off the Dick Jauron band wagon.

Let us not forget the Reggie Corner phantom sack, where he basically missed a statue-esque and unaware Quinn. That could have ended the game, IIRC.

...and he had a very high accuracy rating in college....which is a great measure for guys who have had some NFL success (P Manning, Rivers, Brady, Brees, etc.)

Plenty of college QBs have high accuracy and don't amount to anything. Don't think for a second Brohm belongs in that category of those QBs you just mentioned. Once again, there is a reason why he was on the practice squad.

1- Obviously he is not them, but some of the lame ducks he threw, when he started this year were almost as bad.

2- He said it himself he could not grasp the GB offense and felt intensly overwhelemd at times.

Green Bay gave him a chance to compete and where did that land him? On the practice squad. Not even a back up or 3rd QB...

Im all for giving him a chance but a lot of people here already have listed him as the day 1 starter, and act like he is the savior at QB.

Watching Cleveland I could see the problem was not Quinn. Im not saying Quinn is our answer, but he was not Clevlands problem.

If I am GM Quinn is already a Bills and the press conference is scheduled for yesterday.

I would rather give up a late round pick than Donte. 5th and 7th for Quinn perhaps. Id rather have Donte than those types of picks.

Watching Cleveland I could see the problem was not Quinn. Im not saying Quinn is our answer, but he was not Clevlands problem.

If I am GM Quinn is already a Bills and the press conference is scheduled for yesterday.

I would rather give up a late round pick than Donte. 5th and 7th for Quinn perhaps. Id rather have Donte than those types of picks.

+1

Cleveland Indians are there for spring training aren't they? Hey it is something that Cleveland has to do with Florida, trading Whitner to the Browns sure doesn't.

Tribe is in the Cactus League for spring training now, so the remark still makes absolutely no sense.