PFT says DT Shaun Rogers could be traded

Do we have a RD2 or OLine guy or QB? 'Cause that's what they'd want.

i don't think they want high pick , they got him for a third and the bloom is off the rose. I bet 4th gets it done. That said he is not the answer

i don't think they want high pick , they got him for a third and the bloom is off the rose. I bet 4th gets it done. That said he is not the answer

Why is he not the answer? The guy is big, can move reasonably for a man his size, and has a bad attitude. He certainly IS part of the answer.

Why is he not the answer? The guy is big, can move reasonably for a man his size, and has a bad attitude. He certainly IS part of the answer.

Shaun Rogers would be a great signing. I would trade Whitner and McCargo for him in a heartbeat. We need bigger LB and D Line to play a 3-4.

PFT Shaun Rogers

could be a good NT for a few years while a draft pick develops...wonder what pick they would want or maybe a player we have for him...Whitner and a 6th and 7th maybe??

Depends on George Edwards' vision of the 3-4. Rogers is a load, but he is not a typical two-gap NT. He will draw a lot of double teams and make some plays in the backfield. But if you have a NT like Rogers, you probably need some large, powerful ILB's to pick up some of that gap responsibility. Poz doesn't really fit that description, but I'm not sure Poz is all that great of a fit in any kind of 3-4.

Deep class this year in the draft. Guys a freelancer from a losing team.

Depends on George Edwards' vision of the 3-4. Rogers is a load, but he is not a typical two-gap NT. He will draw a lot of double teams and make some plays in the backfield. But if you have a NT like Rogers, you probably need some large, powerful ILB's to pick up some of that gap responsibility. Poz doesn't really fit that description, but I'm not sure Poz is all that great of a fit in any kind of 3-4.

Finally a reason to draft Spikes in RD2!

Rogers is a huge nasty man. 6-4, 350.....he can plug some holes. Yes i know he is almost 31, but he can still be a force for another 3-4 years, then still be a veteran backup for a couple years past that. The guy has blocked a boat-load of PATS and field goals. I would love to trade DW and a 6th for him.

It'd be a lot easier to say "no, don't bother with this guy" if we knew that the F.O. had a real plan for the draft - in the sense that they believe they can fill their holes with it. If they did believe that, then I'd understand not pursuing any of these options, but, if they are thinking that they'll just let the holes remain until next year - whatever they can't fill this year in the draft - basically saying we'll be o.k. with losing this year because we'll have next years draft, too - kinda like counting two drafts and forgetting about this year - then forget it, they should be looking to add some playmakers at need spots. As a fan, I'm not feeling good about the prospects of sitting through a miserable, uncompetitive year so they can have another draft to "rebuild". Hopefully they plan on fielding a competitive team this year.

No, I don't want to trade for him he is what 31 now? Plus there is a reason they want to move him the back-up played a lot better than he did, plus they traded their starting DE away they will just move Rogers over to DE imo.

Only the finest for us. I'll take nothing short of Wilfork w/ Dan Williams and Cody competing to be his backup.

how old is Big Pat. He is still playing at a PB level.

I think Pat is going to be 39 soon and still a force. I agree with Ice about the compensation for Rogers as well. Even if they want maybe a 4th and a 6th for the guy, I'd do it. He would fill a major need, IMO, and we could use our focus elsewhere in the first 3 rounds. :beer:

no way would we give them a second rounder. the guy comes with an attitude and tends to play when he wants to.

secondly nobody would give them a second for Rogers.

Whitner straight up for him would be plenty if they truly are in the market for a safty which we dont know if they are in the first place!

I'd expect more out of you. a 2nd round pick? lol. no, I pretty confidant he could be had for a 3rd and maybe a later round this year or next

I would give Whitner or Lynch and a 6th or a fifth straight up. No higher than a fifth though. Ted Washington and Sam Adams and Pat Williams and Grady Jackson have all played well over 35 at the nose guard postion. He would give a few years to develop a young guy and rotate with them.