Can McCargo play NT?

seadog

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sniff it out! I would guess that won't be hard, I think McCargo would have to be my least fav Bill/draft pick of the last few years so you are right I do feel the need to bash him.

Donte on the other hand could be decent, but I am not sure he is the best guy we have at safety (lack of playing in position and injury concerns are my only beef with him, plus we have good guys there as well). I would rather they keep him or get good trade value for him.

I am not so sure there is much trade value for mccargo. We reached for him when we drafted him and he hasnt done squat. Heck, he couldnt pass a physical in Indy. I think he will just be released. But I have been wrong before so time will tell. Donte is a serviceable backup, nothing more in this league. He just doesnt make plays or come up and crack someone.

I am not so sure there is much trade value for mccargo. We reached for him when we drafted him and he hasnt done squat. Heck, he couldnt pass a physical in Indy. I think he will just be released. But I have been wrong before so time will tell. Donte is a serviceable backup, nothing more in this league. He just doesnt make plays or come up and crack someone.

He showed one glimpse of promise for a while but that a few years ago. He just doesn't move well and being a one gap DT makes him a long shot to even make this team.

Rfey,

He cant stop the run in a 4-3 with a DT lined up next to him......how in the world would he stop the run when he filled the nose?

I dont look for the nose to get pass rush in the new system....but they GOTTA tie up blockers so the LB's can make plays.

I know it probably has a 1% chance of being successful but he's probably going to be on the TC roster and let him try to gain weight in this offseason and let him try in camp.

I would like to see if McCargo can get his career going under Gailey's leadership. He has the size and body type needed to play the NT position. He seems to be the only NT sized player we have on the roster right now. I'm hoping some how the light turns on and he can become the player we drafted him to be. If he could turn into the starting NT, Maybin into a stud OLB, and Brohm into the next Drew Brees it would be a dream.

Fantasy football

lol, he is a one gap UT, can he play NT, lol, do you watch football?

Sorry we had no idea we were talking to a defensive scout which team is it you work for. Don't be nasty and act like your above everyone else they asked a simple question. They don't deserve a dickhead response. There must be something there if Polian was ready to cough up a draft pick for the guy. What I myself can't figure out is why he looks dominant one minute and lost the next. It's got to be a motivation thing.

I would like to see if McCargo can get his career going under Gailey's leadership. He has the size and body type needed to play the NT position. He seems to be the only NT sized player we have on the roster right now. I'm hoping some how the light turns on and he can become the player we drafted him to be. If he could turn into the starting NT, Maybin into a stud OLB, and Brohm into the next Drew Brees it would be a dream.

No he can't play nose tackle. He can't even play the 3 technique DT in a 4-3. Could he compete for the DE spot opposite Stroud - maybe? He was supposed to have decent quickness and was supposed to be able to get penetration up the middle. Never saw it.

I don't think McCargo wants to play anywhere.

To quote T.O.: "No, not really!"

McCargo has started one game in four years. One game.

He had zero tackles in 2008. Zero.

He's amassed 48 total tackles in the 39 games he's played as a Bill in four years.

48. That's 1.23 tackles per game.

McCargo is as Parcells says, a "DWI". Doesn't Want It.

It's time for McCargo to get into his car and go, far away from Buffalo to someplace where they value small, slow unmotivated underachieving linemen. The Montreal Alouettes come to mind.

Can McCargo play NT?

Can McCargo play DT in a standard 4-3? Or three technique like he was supposed to be able to do, effectively?

No.

He does not have anything even approaching the body type or size for a prototypical NT. I have no idea why you would think that. The prototypical NT is larger.

He will be lucky to make the roster this season.

McCargo has started one game in four years. One game.

He had zero tackles in 2008. Zero.

He's amassed 48 total tackles in the 39 games he's played as a Bill in four years.

48. That's 1.23 tackles per game.

McCargo is as Parcells says, a "DWI". Doesn't Want It.

It's time for McCargo to get into his car and go, far away from Buffalo to someplace where they value small, slow unmotivated underachieving linemen. The Montreal Alouettes come to mind.

Ouch. Make him stop please. :blush:

These facts just hurt. And we traded up to get him and paid him first round money.

McCargo could not fight his way out of a wet paper bag, another wasted high draft pick trade or release now