Can McCargo play NT?

seadog

I would like to see if McCargo can get his career going under Gailey's leadership. He has the size and body type needed to play the NT position. He seems to be the only NT sized player we have on the roster right now. I'm hoping some how the light turns on and he can become the player we drafted him to be. If he could turn into the starting NT, Maybin into a stud OLB, and Brohm into the next Drew Brees it would be a dream.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see if McCargo can get his career going under Gailey's leadership. He has the size and body type needed to play the NT position. He seems to be the only NT sized player we have on the roster right now. I'm hoping some how the light turns on and he can become the player we drafted him to be. If he could turn into the starting NT, Maybin into a stud OLB, and Brohm into the next Drew Brees it would be a dream.

Body type??? I know black don't crack, but he does not exhibit the strength or size to play NT.

Body type??? I know black don't crack, but he does not exhibit the strength or size to play NT.

" he does not exhibit the strength or size to play ......" That would cover about 75% of our roster.

This crossed my mind too, but he is a one gap penetrating type of DT... Plus it appears he has no work ethic...I just don't see him on the Bills roster this fall

" he does not exhibit the strength or size to play ......" That would cover about 75% of our roster.

Sorry seadog, but it seems like every off season we hear that this will be the coach/position/competition that will bring out the best in McCargo. Unfortunately he has shown zero ability.

one word - bust (why he is still on the rooster is beyond me, they have looked at the film by now). At least TE showed some promise for a while, they really ougt to look to trade McCargo again (and pray he passes the physical) and get some value for his worthless ass.

Sorry seadog, but it seems like every off season we hear that this will be the coach/position/competition that will bring out the best in McCargo. Unfortunately he has shown zero ability.

I did see him in the rotation getting a few reps later in the season. He showed up for maybe a couple of plays. Seems to get penetration once or twice. Makes about as much sense as moving Schobel or Kelsey to OLB. Just dreaming that we did'nt blow another draft pick and we could get some use out of him

[/quote

Most posters on this board get off on bashing everyone. To answer your question, McCargo doesnt have the size or strength to play a 3-4 NT position. He also lacks discipline and the drive to succeed in the NFL. Gailey will sniff this out and he will be gone. Time to move on from all the bonehead mistakes of the past.

one word - bust (why he is still on the rooster is beyond me, they have looked at the film by now). At least TE showed some promise for a while, they really ougt to look to trade McCargo again (and pray he passes the physical) and get some value for his worthless ass.

I really don't wanna know this but I have to ask, where did you ever get a picture of McCargo on a rooster? :lol:

This actually isn't as dumb as it seems at first glance. Maybe, just maybe he will finally find a spot. Probably not but what the hades give him a shot at it.

Most posters on this board get off on bashing everyone. To answer your question, McCargo doesnt have the size or strength to play a 3-4 NT position. He also lacks discipline and the drive to succeed in the NFL. Gailey will sniff this out and he will be gone. Time to move on from all the bonehead mistakes of the past.

Sniff it out! I would guess that won't be hard, I think McCargo would have to be my least fav Bill/draft pick of the last few years so you are right I do feel the need to bash him.

Donte on the other hand could be decent, but I am not sure he is the best guy we have at safety (lack of playing in position and injury concerns are my only beef with him, plus we have good guys there as well). I would rather they keep him or get good trade value for him.

I really don't wanna know this but I have to ask, where did you ever get a picture of McCargo on a rooster? :lol:

This actually isn't as dumb as it seems at first glance. Maybe, just maybe he will finally find a spot. Probably not but what the hades give him a shot at it.

Rfey,

He cant stop the run in a 4-3 with a DT lined up next to him......how in the world would he stop the run when he filled the nose?

I dont look for the nose to get pass rush in the new system....but they GOTTA tie up blockers so the LB's can make plays.