If Roethlisberger was black

Race a factor on the coverage  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Race a factor on the coverage

• Yes
    • No

If Ben did rape a girl and he doesn't go to prison, it won't be because he is white, black, orange or green, it will be because he has the money for the best defense. Kinda reminds you of the O.J. trial doesn't it? What did race have to do with that? Was he found "Not Guilty" because he was black? No, he had the best defense money could buy.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But many reporters want more.

Some reporters wanted more because he called a press conference; it was a dog and pony show from the get-go. Blue tie; blue walls; somber tone ... and he refused to call it a press conference. You put a podium in the middle of a room and invite reporters in, then it's a press conference. He did this so sponsors would stop dropping him like a bad habit.

Back on topic ... the crap going on with Ben R. has nothing to do with race. To say it does is a stretch. Like one of the previous posts stated - there's enough real racism in the world. This isn't racism.

You can't really be this ignorant, can you? His father was black and his mother is of asian descent. When you split the two you get 1/2 not 1/4. I'm an extremely mixed individual myself, but on every form I fill out I circle in black not '"extremely mixed" or "each of the above"

You really can't be this !@#$ing stupid, can you? Tiger's father is not 100% "black" to begin with, you !@#$ing degenerate.

Thanks.

TMZ reported that the chick was hysterical (as in very distraught, not hilarious) when she reported the incident to the police, which was very soon after the incident occurred. Unlike the last incident with Big ben, evidence was actually collected. Guilty or not Big Ben has got to be the biggest dumb@$$ in the world for putting himself in another situation like this. His reputation is going to take a huge hit even if he gets cleared of all charges.

Not suprisingly espn/espnradio is not really reporting this story or trying to downplay it.

If he was black, ESPN/ESPN Radio, along with Nancy Grace and others, would have him tried and convicted by now.

Two-Time Super Bowl winner accused of rape for the 2nd time!!!

WTF!! If he was black - espn and other networks, would break into coverage of whatever is being showing on all their networks - and talk about nothing but this for the next year.

Hey Dude put your crutch away... tired of hearing the card played. It is what is it.. or maybe it be what it be.

If Ben did rape a girl and he doesn't go to prison, it won't be because he is white, black, orange or green, it will be because he has the money for the best defense. Kinda reminds you of the O.J. trial doesn't it? What did race have to do with that? Was he found "Not Guilty" because he was black? No, he had the best defense money could buy.

The fact on that trial is they moved the trial to an area in order ot get more blacks on the jury-some of whom did mention that race played a role in them dismissing the case

Ah, no he was found guilty because of his race. How could you have possibly missed that????

That was the most famous case of jury nullification in American history---and you're unclear about this?

After, what, about 9 months of at times highly technical (and completely damning) testimony, the jury comes back in a few hours with a not guilty verdict----and you think it was because of ........Johnny Cochrane and Bob Shapiro?

Holy cow!

TMZ reported that the chick was hysterical (as in very distraught, not hilarious) when she reported the incident to the police, which was very soon after the incident occurred. Unlike the last incident with Big ben, evidence was actually collected. Guilty or not Big Ben has got to be the biggest dumb@$$ in the world for putting himself in another situation like this. His reputation is going to take a huge hit even if he gets cleared of all charges.

the fact that shes 20, and his crew was allegedly handing out drinks on his tab all night will not help him either.

Dang!

Scooped again.

By Lori. No shame in that.

And why is it so difficult for people to accept that, if Rothlisberger were black, coverage would be different? Of course it would be. That says nothing about his guilt or innocence...that's an observation of the media.

Anyone else bothered by the media outlets not releasing photos or the name of the girl? Celebrity or not i don't think it's right that the media will post the name of the accused but not the accuser. It's a double standard.

Anyone else bothered by the media outlets not releasing photos or the name of the girl? Celebrity or not i don't think it's right that the media will post the name of the accused but not the accuser. It's a double standard.

r u serious?

Not suprisingly espn/espnradio is not really reporting this story or trying to downplay it.

If he was black, ESPN/ESPN Radio, along with Nancy Grace and others, would have him tried and convicted by now.

Two-Time Super Bowl winner accused of rape for the 2nd time!!!

WTF!! If he was black - espn and other networks, would break into coverage of whatever is being showing on all their networks - and talk about nothing but this for the next year.

Don't know if he's innocent or guilty.. BUTTT I'd like to think he's smart than that...

The only way you don't see the double standard is either you're intellectually dishonest or you see things exactly as ESPN would have you see them. Whenever a Black athlete does something, it is blown way out of proportion vs the glossing over that happens when "other" athletes do the same act. Everyone becomes "an attorney" when a "majority" athlete does something. Innocent before proven guility, Libel and so on, proof or not, Black athletes are crucified at the mere mention of wrong doing. Michael Irving was recently fired from ESPN for a mere allegation of sexual assault that later was proved false. Tiger Wood's name is mud for doing what most men who make a penny over $10.00 an hour do if they're somewhat attractive. I don't remember Rick Pitino getting the same treatment for his admission of having sex on the floor of a restaurant. Tiger's crime, like O.J's (allow me to explain) was WHO they did it too. Men have killed and cheated on their wifes since the institution of marriage began, but it better not me a Black man doing it to a White woman. It's the Crime of the Century if a Black man kills a White woman or god forbid if a Black billionaire cheats on a blonde haired, blue eyed baby sitter. No, I'm not angry, walking around with a chip on my shoulder or any of the other things said when someone calls out something that looks like, walks like and quacks like a duck..A duck.