Go Canada Hockey

The men's and women's teams both took Olympic gold on home ice. It is one of the greatest moments in the history of Canada.

To celebrate, I went out and got drunk. What better thing to celebrate Canadian victory? Had they lost, I fear I would have had to go out and get drunk to drown my sorrows. What else would a Canadian do?

If one team won and one lost, I would have had to get drunk to resolve my mixed feelings.

Overall, what I remember of the Olympics were great. The only bad parts were waking up and seeing my vomit frozen to the snow. Yuck. Well, I'm pretty dure it was my own vomit. If not, even yuckier.

I also wanted to stand in front of Shawn White at the bottom of the half pipe so he could run into me. More $$$$$ for beer. Unfortunately White went last and I had passed out by then.

The men's and women's teams both took Olympic gold on home ice. It is one of the greatest moments in the history of Canada.

To celebrate, I went out and got drunk. What better thing to celebrate Canadian victory? Had they lost, I fear I would have had to go out and get drunk to drown my sorrows. What else would a Canadian do?

If one team won and one lost, I would have had to get drunk to resolve my mixed feelings.

Overall, what I remember of the Olympics were great. The only bad parts were waking up and seeing my vomit frozen to the snow. Yuck. Well, I'm pretty dure it was my own vomit. If not, even yuckier.

I also wanted to stand in front of Shawn White at the bottom of the half pipe so he could run into me. More $$$$$ for beer. Unfortunately White went last and I had passed out by then.

We have missed you Crayonz.

Normally we all love Canadians and are happy for you. But you guys were approaching douchebag status with this hockey thing, especially when you would cheer any team playing the USA. Good game, congrats, and remember it's 1-1 with the USA holding a 7-6 goal differential lead :unsure:

As a Canuck I'm shocked you did not beat your chest for your awesome Curling teams that crushed all comers including the pathetic USA teams.

PTR

Normally we all love Canadians and are happy for you. But you guys were approaching douchebag status with this hockey thing, especially when you would cheer any team playing the USA. Good game, congrats, and remember it's 1-1 with the USA holding a 7-6 goal differential lead :devil:

As a Canuck I'm shocked you did not beat your chest for your awesome Curling teams that crushed all comers including the pathetic USA teams.

PTR

Oh well you should get the gold then. :unsure:

Normally we all love Canadians and are happy for you. But you guys were approaching douchebag status with this hockey thing, especially when you would cheer any team playing the USA. Good game, congrats, and remember it's 1-1 with the USA holding a 7-6 goal differential lead :unsure:

PTR

Actually thee women's curling team blew it to the Swedes. I got #$^@-faced after that one. Thank God the men's team took home the gold. I got hammered to celebrate.

Actually thee women's curling team blew it to the Swedes. I got #$^@-faced after that one. Thank God the men's team took home the gold. I got hammered to celebrate.

The women lost that match? They were up 2 going into the final end, weren't they?

I've got a lot of Canadians as family and friends and I'm actually shocked at their post Gold Medal behavior. I also echo the comments about Canadian fans cheering against Team USA all tournament. While I'm sure USA would have smoked Slovakia, I wanted Team Canada to win in the semis.

All I heard for months is how you guys are going to crush everyone in hockey and when you won by the smallest of margins, you hosers act like each and every one of you won the lottery.

Act like you've been there before. It's your game in your home country.

Having said that, I'm sure most of you feel the tide changing. USA Hockey is at your heals and is already starting to take over at the youth and junior levels. It's only a matter of time Canada, only a matter of time!!!

I've got a lot of Canadians as family and friends and I'm actually shocked at their post Gold Medal behavior. I also echo the comments about Canadian fans cheering against Team USA all tournament. While I'm sure USA would have smoked Slovakia, I wanted Team Canada to win in the semis.

All I heard for months is how you guys are going to crush everyone in hockey and when you won by the smallest of margins, you hosers act like each and every one of you won the lottery.

Having said that, I'm sure most of you feel the tide changing. USA Hockey is at your heals and is already starting to take over at the youth and junior levels. It's only a matter of time Canada, only a matter of time!!!

Please. Most of your guys hone their skills in Canada in our Jr leagues. Even your guys wouldn't be that great without Canadian training. And for a hockey power shift? It's not like the States have sucked until this year. They won the Canada Cup back in the 90s so it's not like the US hockey program is just gaining momentum.

Yes. They blew it. That's why I got so stinkin drunk. I was looking forward to tying one on in celebration.

In celebration, the C.A.F. springs into action, releasing a video with an exciting display of the capabilities of their top fighter.

:wallbash:

Please. Most of your guys hone their skills in Canada in our Jr leagues. Even your guys wouldn't be that great without Canadian training. And for a hockey power shift? It's not like the States have sucked until this year. They won the Canada Cup back in the 90s so it's not like the US hockey program is just gaining momentum.

Most of our guys played juniors in Canada, really? Try again but even if they did who cares? Since Crosby and most of your players became superstars for US-based teams, do we get credit for that too?

It doesn't matter what club, junior or college teams they played for or where their coaches are from, it's what country they represent.

Like it or not, USA is at Canada's level and will likely only get better and better.

When Canada is playing on home ice we all drink and have a good time and root for Canada.

When Canada is not playing we are not that interested so we drink to try to have a good time being schnockered. It is possible that the fans did not even know which team the were cheering because they were so drunk.

That is kind of sad. Congrats on winning like .5 out of 2 games on home ice in the only thing you care about.

Most of our guys played juniors in Canada, really? Try again but even if they did who cares? Since Crosby and most of your players became superstars for US-based teams, do we get credit for that too?

It doesn't matter what club, junior or college teams they played for or where their coaches are from, it's what country they represent.

Like it or not, USA is at Canada's level and will likely only get better and better.

Actually Silver is below GOLD. :wallbash:

Not really. Canada is far deeper in talent than USA Hockey. The gap has narrowed, certainly but beyond about the Top 25, Canada has a big advantage.

That depth is waning Darin. Consider that the young Yanks have won the under 16, under 17 and World Junior tournaments this year and it's becoming clearer that hockey in the USA is experiencing a new youth movement. This can only mean that in a country the size of America, even a niche sport like hockey has attracted a large enough fan base to warrant true player development. The USA is right up there now with Canada, Russia, Sweden and Finland.

The same thing is happening with the Swiss. They will reach the upper echelon of hockey soon enough. Their youth development is getting there and judging by these games, they seem very close to being very competitive.

Hockey, though a religion to us canucks, is no longer just our game. And as Canadians, we should be happy the rest of the world is catching up. It's what makes wins like yesterday so sweet. We beat a very, very good team to earn that gold medal.

That depth is waning Darin. Consider that the young Yanks have won the under 16, under 17 and World Junior tournaments this year and it's becoming clearer that hockey in the USA is experiencing a new youth movement.

I agree, though I was talking more about elite NHL players. We also still trail greatly in coaching quality. Canada has a big head start. That's slowly changing because we've been kiping Canadians to help because we have the coin.

This can only mean that in a country the size of America, even a niche sport like hockey has attracted a large enough fan base to warrant true player development. The USA is right up there now with Canada, Russia, Sweden and Finland.

I don't think there's any doubt hockey has grown, though if the NHL doesn't get a handle on costs that will stop soon enough. Pricing families out of buildings when you don't have a television friendly sport isn't very wise.

The same thing is happening with the Swiss. They will reach the upper echelon of hockey soon enough. Their youth development is getting there and judging by these games, they seem very close to being very competitive.

I think it's awesome that Europe has really picked it up. I was pretty surprised by how well the Germans actually played in the early games as well. I don't think they'll ever be a real power, though.

Hockey, though a religion to us canucks, is no longer just our game. And as Canadians, we should be happy the rest of the world is catching up. It's what makes wins like yesterday so sweet. We beat a very, very good team to earn that gold medal.

Considering most "experts" had the U.S. hanging at 5th, I was pretty happy with the result. I'd rather have seen it decided on a different kind of goal (that game probably shouldn't have been decided on a defensive lapse, ya know?), there isn't ANY reason for the U.S. to hang their heads.

No sorry, not the fool you think he is. More talented than that michael corleone looking flap jack.

He's certainly more athletic but his Long Program performance wasn't up to par and he got exactly what he deserved. It's mind blowing to me that he was able to land a couple of those jumps because in the air they had disaster written all over them.

At the end of the day, it's figure skating. Judged sports are always going to have controversy.

That depth is waning Darin. Consider that the young Yanks have won the under 16, under 17 and World Junior tournaments this year and it's becoming clearer that hockey in the USA is experiencing a new youth movement. This can only mean that in a country the size of America, even a niche sport like hockey has attracted a large enough fan base to warrant true player development. The USA is right up there now with Canada, Russia, Sweden and Finland.

I agree with the second part Heels. Competition makes thing much more fun. And there is no doubt the US is among the top teams. I think your wrong on the waning depth. Of the top 10 prospects in next years draft 5 are Canadian. Not overwhelming but hardly a number that would indicate the talent pool drying up.

He's certainly more athletic but his Long Program performance wasn't up to par and he got exactly what he deserved. It's mind blowing to me that he was able to land a couple of those jumps because in the air they had disaster written all over them.

At the end of the day, it's figure skating. Judged sports are always going to have controversy.

Yea you're right, judging always leaves room for controversy.

I guess it's my love for the soviet skating program; I'll never forget Irina Rodnina & Alexander Zaitsev; they blew me away as a kid.

I'll always be a purist.

I am confused. If you were a purist, it wouldn't matter if a skater hit the quad... It would be about who did the best overall skate.

No? What gives?

How long has ice :thumbsup: dancing been in the games?? Sign that kid up, that's where his talent lies.

I agree with the second part Heels. Competition makes thing much more fun. And there is no doubt the US is among the top teams. I think your wrong on the waning depth. Of the top 10 prospects in next years draft 5 are Canadian. Not overwhelming but hardly a number that would indicate the talent pool drying up.

I have to comment and I don't feel my comments warrant their own thread so...... I was initially angry, upset, sad, disappointed etc when Crosby beat Miller yesterday.... I swore I yelled and I drank more beer.... but anyway my point is this.. Hats off to Canada, you didn't play well the entire tourney, but when it mattered, you delivered. It was expected that you would, with the talent you have and I take my hat off to you for it. My thing is that there are few people north of the border who seem to give the USA a lot of credit for making it to the gold medal game when they weren't expected to do much at all. This youth movement in the US is one that all fans of USA hockey can be proud of, and it makes for an exciting time to be a fan. Canada, enjoy this one, you did earn it, but I can't recall many other times that I was in a place with people where I felt so proud to be an American. What an Olympics, it was incredible.

I am confused. If you were a purist, it wouldn't matter if a skater hit the quad... It would be about who did the best overall skate.

No? What gives?

Well, maybe I used the wrong vernacular. I can live with being the technician. :thumbsup::bag:

I'm happy for the little French-Canadian girl, Ms. Joannie Rochette.

What was strike two? The reply box in your post above is blank. Please explain what "strike two" is? I will PM you, please check.

:thumbsup::bag:

I may be a Drunk Canadian Broad but at least I can still tell time and know he was referencing your 5:59 post.

Well, I can tell time when there isn't a big hand and a small hand.

I have to comment and I don't feel my comments warrant their own thread so...... I was initially angry, upset, sad, disappointed etc when Crosby beat Miller yesterday.... I swore I yelled and I drank more beer.... but anyway my point is this.. Hats off to Canada, you didn't play well the entire tourney, but when it mattered, you delivered. It was expected that you would, with the talent you have and I take my hat off to you for it. My thing is that there are few people north of the border who seem to give the USA a lot of credit for making it to the gold medal game when they weren't expected to do much at all. This youth movement in the US is one that all fans of USA hockey can be proud of, and it makes for an exciting time to be a fan. Canada, enjoy this one, you did earn it, but I can't recall many other times that I was in a place with people where I felt so proud to be an American. What an Olympics, it was incredible.

For me I don't know why anyone would be surprised. Looking at their lineup previous to the games and I knew they would be trouble. For the last 15 years or so the US has been putting together fast, very capable teams. Couple that with first class goal tending in Miller and the only teams I though had a edge on them were the Russians and the Canadians. And not a huge one.

I may be a Drunk Canadian Broad but at least I can still tell time and know he was referencing your 5:59 post.

Well, I can tell time when there isn't a big hand and a small hand.

Do you drink simply because the hands go round and round? Seems like you have difficulty finding excuses to get drunk.

For me I don't know why anyone would be surprised. Looking at their lineup previous to the games and I knew they would be trouble. For the last 15 years or so the US has been putting together fast, very capable teams. Couple that with first class goal tending in Miller and the only teams I though had a edge on them were the Russians and the Canadians. And not a huge one.

If I was a US fan I'd don't know whether I'd drink in sorrow or celebration or both. I do know one thing. I'd drink.