New Spin On Shanny Not Coming To Buffalo?

H2o

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, is it any warmer in Denver?

No, and don't they always have snow before Thanksgiving?

I don't think the weather was a factor. He was probably just trying to come up with a reason without saying that he was looking for a better offer.

No, and don't they always have snow before Thanksgiving?

I don't think the weather was a factor. He was probably just trying to come up with a reason without saying that he was looking for a better offer.

Surprised it took this long for the thread to show up and that certain homer fans haven't predictably responded.

Not many career minded (read:professional) people want to work for a company that will be up for sale. I'd be willing to bet that was the reason.

hell yeah the weather's better in Denver. the average temps might be close, but there's MUCH more sun here, and there are warm days mixed in throughout winter. It can be below 0 for awile in late dec, but then you can get 60's in Jan occasionally, 70's in Feb sometimes. but the sun is the nice part. Denver itself is not in mtns, like many people think.

I moved to Denver from Utica area, and it took years to psychologically feel like I went thru winter here.

that being said, i think it's just an excuse as well. for 9 mil, Siberia would look good.

Shanahan backtracked and said it was the weather. He said his wife and kids would never move here with him. We all know it's because it's a less-than-glamorous city with a lousy reputation. If it makes you feel any better I'm sure Shanny would turn down jobs in Detroit, Youngstown and Flint as well. He never said the money sucked...although I'm sure they never got close to talking money.

PTR

Why does everybody think it's *just* about Buffalo?

I don't think Shanahan was going to work for anybody but Dallas and Washington. Shanahan needs a ton of money, and a desire to spend a lot of it (big spending owner) to be successful. The majority of teams in the NFL wouldn't fit his coaching M.O.

Maybe his wife didn't want to come here? Honestly Buffalo might now appeal to some people, fine we don't want them in Buffalo if they don't want to be here.

I live in Long Island because my wife had no interest in living in Bflo. Since neither of us had an opportunity there, how could I argue.

Hey.. Gailey is entusiastic and knows that he will be judged as a head coach, by this gig. Glad to have him.

Shanahan needs a ton of money, and a desire to spend a lot of it (big spending owner) to be successful.

Yeah, he wasn't the most efficient $-wise with the broncos. Bowlen kinda let him have free-reign as far as spending, to some degree.

Yeah I'm sure that was it. Nothing to do with organizational instability or anything like that. :devil:

Or instability of fans in Lockport either :D

Sounds like Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis who is hen-pecked and his wife rejected Buffalo due to schools after he said he was interested.

Why can't this be true?

Denial?

i get tired of the overt bashing of buffalo. there are lots of people who come to buffalo kicking and screaming , and once they get accustomed to its singular charm, refuse to leave. we all know the people, just a shame we dwell on it. the best cure would be to ignore it. i left because of family reasons.. i e: kids getting jobs out of state, would move back in a heartbeat. i say forget about shanahan and his happy horsesh-t, let him "enjoy" the hot, humid summers of the D C area.