Anybody who wants the Bills to pick Terrence Cody

Steely Dan

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you guys can get your focus away from the (man)boobs for a second, he doesn't look all that grotesquely fat. i'm gonna call it a body deformation and wouldn't let his chest be the lone factor in ignoring him come draft day. i've got no problem with him as a 2nd rounder to anchor that DL.

A body deformations usually caused by excessive use of rhoids. or too many french fries.

I really didn't see a lot of Alabama this year. How did Cody look on the field? I know he played against the SEC. Did he do anything other than just hold his ground?

I ask because Nix has told us that WHAT a player has accomplished on the field will be the determining factor in the people he drafts.

No boobs on Hampton and you can clearly see the muscle on Wilfork's biceps and triceps. Take a look at his neck and shoulders as well. No comparison when compared to Terrance "Krispy Kreme" Cody.

Gotta agree. Both Wilfork and Hampton look like thick dudes with some extra poundage. Cody just looks like extra poundage. If you "melt" the flab off of him as someone suggested, he doesn't look like he's got the bulk under it, at least not based on that photo.

I really didn't see a lot of Alabama this year. How did Cody look on the field? I know he played against the SEC. Did he do anything other than just hold his ground?

I ask because Nix has told us that WHAT a player has accomplished on the field will be the determining factor in the people he drafts.

Character, I believe, means a lot to him too. This kid doesn't have a work ethic that shows some kind football character. What they do on the field is extremely important but so is attitude off the field.

Sometimes it's just a guys body type people. No matter what he does his chest will always look like that. He would have to lose so much weight to melt them off that he'd be way to light to play the nose I'm tellin you that right now. Leave the kid alone, he probably already has enough self esteem issues already.

Heartfelt words Strangerman... I'm sure that he has second thoughts everytime he strips down and hits the showers. The guys have probably razzed him for a long time.

The guy was freakishly nimble for someone his size

Here he is blocking a field goal.

Here he leaps over Ryan Mallett

Here he's blocking for a Mark Ingram TD

He shows some sideline to sideline quickness here

Character, I believe, means a lot to him too. This kid doesn't have a work ethic that shows some kind football character. What they do on the field is extremely important but so is attitude off the field.

Yeah, because in shape guys like Chris Ellis show all kinds of football character.

IIRC, Pat Williams once proclaimed he had issues with eating right and maintaining his weight, but acknowledged he was able to do it with the help of Rusty Jones (the Bills S&C coach at the time). Jones worked with Pat and Jones was always looking to create diet/nutrition plans that not only helped players maintain their body condition, but appealed to their taste buds.

I said it before in another thread, and I will say it again: given the right coaching staff, one that recognizes Cody will need extra attention and help, Terrence Cody will anchor somebody's DL for years to come.

Yeah, because in shape guys like Chris Ellis show all kinds of football character.

IIRC, Pat Williams once proclaimed he had issues with eating right and maintaining his weight, but acknowledged he was able to do it with the help of Rusty Jones (the Bills S&C coach at the time). Jones worked with Pat and Jones was always looking to create diet/nutrition plans that not only helped players maintain their body condition, but appealed to their taste buds.

I said it before in another thread, and I will say it again: given the right coaching staff, one that recognizes Cody will need extra attention and help, Terrence Cody will anchor somebody's DL for years to come.

Terrence Cody is a workout warrior.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2010/football/...nce-cody-p1.jpg :D Get that man a Manzere.

I can't call anyone who lets themselves get into that shape an athlete. I wouldn't take the guy in the 4th round even if he gets in shape for the draft. He obviously has no real ambition. JMO

These pictures have been around, on these boards, since the Senior Bowl a month ago.

Cody ate himself out of the early to mid 1st. He'll still probably go late first to mid-second, because of his titanic strength and the lack of true nose tackles to be found anywhere.

IMO, you're way off base.

Wilfork

Hampton

If the guy can't get himself into shape before the draft when millions are on the line I doubt he'll be very motivated once the money is in his account.

Wilfork isn't all that overweight, though he's big. You can make anybody look big by catching him on an in-breath or when he relaxes his stomach muscles.

Cody looks now like Ted Washington did late in his career when he was beginning to lose his effectiveness. Washington was around 39. Cody is around 22. That's the difference.

Pat Williams was extremely motivated. Cody appears not to be.

You can work with the coaching staff all you want, but if you're hiding boxes of dozens of donuts in your room, the coaches can't do anything about it.

This isn't proof he won't succeed, but it is a huge red flag.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2010/football/...nce-cody-p1.jpg :D Get that man a Manzere.

I can't call anyone who lets themselves get into that shape an athlete. I wouldn't take the guy in the 4th round even if he gets in shape for the draft. He obviously has no real ambition. JMO

If you wouldn't take him in the fourth round you are a koo koo. If he's there in the 2nd and the Bills still don't have a NT they better seriously consider taking him. He's not getting drafted to be Mr. Universe. He's being drafted to stuff the run, something he did with regularity at Alabama over the past couple seasons. On the field he plays hard, he plays with passion and he gets the job done. Aaron Maybin is a specimen. I like his potential, but he didn't do much this past season.

this is probably more true then most want to admit -- remember at juco he was over 410 lbs, he just weighed in at 370 two years later. He has bounced up and down along the way but is trending towards the right direction. Hopefully thats a good sign. Also, losing atleast 40-50 lbs (honestly probably more then that) between his highest playing weight, and the ballpark he played at this year will cause things like sagging skin.

My last point, this is a kid that grew up in a terrible environment, and probably didnt look at himself as an "athlete" until about 2 years ago. In that time he has lost A LOT of weight. Odds are he never had someone seriously teaching him things like nutrition, eating habits, workout systems. I have read interviews where he talked about learning things like making sure he eats breakfast to get the metabolism going, and doesnt eat late at night anymore.

I remember Bruce Smith was pretty chubby when we drafted him. Then he turned into a workout demon and got better the leaner he got. Cody looks pretty dominant when he plays. Imagine Cody after working with NFL trainers? That is upside