Eagles release Brian Westbrook

FluffHead

Sooooooo....nobody is going to point out the fact that the Eagles now need a RB and McNabb "might" be had in a trade?

The Eagles are set at RB. Lesean McCoy had a decent year last season filling in and Leonard Weaver had some good games in spot duty. I don't see Philly doing much at this spot beyond drafting a RB for depth with a mid round pick.

Wow, everyone needs to stop with all the "trade Lynch" cries. ...and there is no way we should trade Lynch and sign Westbrook.

I don't know how many teams are lining up for his services but the only way we, the Bills, should approach this is in a D. Rhodes capacity.

If we can sign him for cheap...do it...gives us 3 RBs...and release/trade the worst one or hold on to him in the common event of injury

No Way we trade for Brian. He's been good but he's 1 shot to the head away from retirement.

Stop with the knee-jerk reactions and think about it.

sign. He is released. Westbrook has always been one of my favorite players in the league. When he took the knee at the one to run out the clock shows how intelligent, team oriented, and football savy he is. He is bizarro Marshawn. That is true about his concussions. Let our doctors check him out.

*sigh* who cares if Brian "i forgot to wear my head gear" Westbrook is a free agent? Seriously. Why do our crappy as fans try to create more holes to fill. We have to good game day RBs and with all of the problems this team has we are worried about that crap. How about this for order of importance:

LT

QB

NT

RT

LB

LB Depth

OT Depth

NT Depth

WR

How about we take care of the 10+ bodies or depth we need to fill those holes before we make new ones. That doesn't even count the hole that will be left is Schobel really does retire.

why would anyone want westy? he's done, it's over. think edgerrin james people. the eagles are making room for lesean mccoy and i dont want a broken down version of brian westbrook. why are there so many dummies on this board, "madden gm's"

Last season he accounted for less than 8% of the Eagles' offense.

People really need to stop evaluating players based on their fantasy draft from 3 years ago.

haha; you know, that's pretty much what I just did in my prior post!

All I know is that I never once drafted Westbrook or even considered drafting the guy, and yet every year he ended up as a top-10 fantasy player in our league.