Eagles release Brian Westbrook

FluffHead

This is shocking news to me. This guy is a great back and he still has a lot left. Six or 7 teams will bid for his services.

Negative.

Once again, running backs hit the wall VERY quickly in the NFL. Westbrook has had a great career, but 1700+ touches takes their toll. Now that he's had concussion problems, he will be a shell of his former self.

This is shocking news to me. This guy is a great back and he still has a lot left. Six or 7 teams will bid for his services.

Disagree. He does not have a lot left. He suffered 2 serious concussions last year and has had leg and foot injuries the last couple of years. Plus , it's not shocking to the fans here in Philly.

Not jonesing for Westbrook, but I'd call San Diego and see what they'd give us for Lynch.

This is good news for us if we really are considering a trade of Lynch. The only back that had a decent yrd per carry last year was Westbrook. Lynch is younger than any of the FA that have names this season. Although he has had some off the field issues in the past his value is rising. I really have not heard alot of praise for this years draft class.