If my first pick caused such debate...this should to

Say what you will about his eating problem.....he is a a beast in the middle of a line and a true nose

Williams will be gone by this pick and I dont want to trade up and give away picks.....

We also need at least one more offensive tackle.....I think we should look at free agency here.

All the nose tackles in free agency that I like are getting tagged.

Say what you will about his eating problem.....he is a a beast in the middle of a line and a true nose

Williams will be gone by this pick and I dont want to trade up and give away picks.....

We also need at least one more offensive tackle.....I think we should look at free agency here.

There's something about Players like Cody...They may never truly reach their potential due to the weight issues, but they'll be clogging up the middle on 1st and 2nd Down for some NFL Team over the next 10 years...If he matures and gets truly dedicated he's an absolute monster...I don't see the risk at all...Especially if it's only going to cost a 2nd Round Pick... :rolleyes:

With the right coaching staff, Cody's eating problem can be minimized and kept in check.

The right coaching staff will recognize and realize Cody will need extra attention and external motivation to maintain proper eating habits. On the bright side, up to this point, Cody has been very receptive in receiving such help, and IMO, see no reason why he would not continue being receptive.

I'm in favor of Terrence Cody with our 2nd round pick. BEAST. I don't care about his weight problem. If we can get 30 plays a game out of him taking up blockers at the nose, he's worth it.

John, I am an Alabama fan for more than 40 years. I saw a lot of Cody. My opinion is that he will be almost as good as Leon Lett, or almost as bad as Mike Williams. In other words, boom or bust but again, this is only my opinion.

I also think that due to his tremendous upside, he will be gone in the middle of round 1, providing he looks OK at the combines.

I don't know much about this kid but I keep hearing about a 'weight problem'. People who have 'weight problems' tend to lack discipline and self control. And that might be excusable in a 40 year old woman after her 4th kid, but it's not the kind of thing you want to see in a 22 year old that you are contemplating paying millions of dollars for peak athletic performance.

Sure he might be good IF he can control his weight, but that is a big IF that in no way should be taken for granted. Proceed with caution.

I don't know much about this kid but I keep hearing about a 'weight problem'. People who have 'weight problems' tend to lack discipline and self control. And that might be excusable in a 40 year old woman after her 4th kid, but it's not the kind of thing you want to see in a 22 year old that you are contemplating paying millions of dollars for peak athletic performance.

Sure he might be good IF he can control his weight, but that is a big IF that in no way should be taken for granted. Proceed with caution.

except that NT is the one & only position where you can bend the rules a little. yes a little, but not 50lbs.

except that NT is the one & only position where you can bend the rules a little. yes a little, but not 50lbs.

My concern would not just be his physical condition, but his desire to play. If he doesn't care enough to stay in shape, is he going to care enough to play with desire and intensity, especially once he's a millionaire?

There's something about Players like Cody...They may never truly reach their potential due to the weight issues, but they'll be clogging up the middle on 1st and 2nd Down for some NFL Team over the next 10 years...If he matures and gets truly dedicated he's an absolute monster...I don't see the risk at all...Especially if it's only going to cost a 2nd Round Pick... :rolleyes:

Agree. I got so sick of hearing how guys like Ted Washington and Sam Adams were unmotivated, lazy, washed up, etc. at various points in their career. I grant you, it's great if they go all out, but mountain of men like that going half assed, still clogs the middle and keeps your LB's clean. YE OLE will take that ALL day long, boyeeee!

here's more Cody athleticism in action:

:rolleyes:

That was like Dr. J taking off from the free throw line!

Seriously, I don't know if this guy is the real deal or not. I'd certainly love to see a huge NT in Buffalo, but just get very nervous when I hear about 'weight issues'.

How soon we forget does the name Mike Williams ring a bell ???