If my first pick caused such debate...this should to

With the right coaching staff, Cody's eating problem can be minimized and kept in check.

The right coaching staff will recognize and realize Cody will need extra attention and external motivation to maintain proper eating habits. On the bright side, up to this point, Cody has been very receptive in receiving such help, and IMO, see no reason why he would not continue being receptive.

Motivation most often must come from inside a person. External motivation won't help much if the kid is lazy and

is handed millions (or even hundreds of thousands) of dollars.

I say STAY away from fat, unmotivated underachievers with high picks. Now, if he were around in, say, the 4th, then

the risk/reward ratio might be about right. I have seen at least some places who project Cody as a late pick due to

the weight issue.

Motivation most often must come from inside a person. External motivation won't help much if the kid is lazy and

I say STAY away from fat, unmotivated underachievers with high picks. Now, if he were around in, say, the 4th, then

the risk/reward ratio might be about right. I have seen at least some places who project Cody as a late pick due to

the weight issue.

by project as a late pic you mean falling to the second round instead of top ten right?

Overweight and unmotivated are not always the same thing. He went from juco to all American... There's some sort of motivation there. Will he be an every down player? Could go either way. Will he be the bpa at 41? Unquestionably. Any rookie has risk, but watch him play. Kid is a beast!

Quite a high risk AND a high reward player.

It's silly to think that with so many teams going to a 3-4 and so few true 3-4 nose tackles that he'll drop that far.

The thought that he'll be available in the 3rd round to me, is purely ridiculous.

ALL IT TAKES IS ONE TEAM...to make him a first round pick.

Not saying that we should take him (but a trade down with our pick at #9 makes a lot of sense if we can pick up another 2nd) but someone will take him high IMO.

Any team that drafts Cody should make sure they have lots of weight clauses in his contract.

Quite a high risk AND a high reward player.

It's silly to think that with so many teams going to a 3-4 and so few true 3-4 nose tackles that he'll drop that far.

The thought that he'll be available in the 3rd round to me, is purely ridiculous.

ALL IT TAKES IS ONE TEAM...to make him a first round pick.

Not saying that we should take him (but a trade down with our pick at #9 makes a lot of sense if we can pick up another 2nd) but someone will take him high IMO.

Any team that drafts Cody should make sure they have lots of weight clauses in his contract.

I'm not sure why people are so worried about this guys weight. He was playing in the 360-380 range the last two seasons and it didn't hinder him at all. Sure he could gain weight but so could any other fat guy you pick to play NT. The guy is a freak of nature and the Bills should consider trading back into the late first round to get him

Bring back these days with Cody.

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/12/11/sports/f...ts-offense.html

The Giants will try to run against the third-ranked rushing defense in the National Football League, a defense that is second only to Jacksonville over all. What makes running against the Bills so daunting is Ted Washington, the nose tackle. Washington is listed at 330 pounds, but is probably closer to 375. He got to the Pro Bowl by blotting out the daylight that running backs like to run to.

''Even though they're a pretty simple defense out of the 3-4, you have to prepare for those little slants and linebacker blitzes,'' McNally said. ''They create some problems. Bruce Smith is still very active. He's quick. You try to cut him off and he jumps over people. Phil Hansen is a good player. But Ted Washington makes it tough to run up the middle. He's got to be close to 400 pounds.''

No doubt. And in Cody's case, there is internal motivation.

The kid was playing JUCO at 410lbs.

When Saban recruited him, he told Cody if he reached 380, Cody would be offered a scholarship.

Cody made the 380 mark.

Saban then told Cody if he could make the 360 mark, he would give Cody playing time.

Cody hit the mark.

Cody could have came out last year, but refused. He chose to stay so he could work on his conditioning and endurance.

Does all that sound like somebody who has no internal motivation? He just needs help staying on track.

the weight issue.

As NoSaint stated, being overweight is not the same as being unmotivated.

Unmotivated players, big or small, should never be drafted. Period. We Bills fans should know this. Two years ago, the Bills drafted a DE by the name of Ellis, and he had motivational issues coming right out of college. But was it okay to draft him in the third because he was NOT overweight?

I'm not sure why people are so worried about this guys weight. He was playing in the 360-380 range the last two seasons and it didn't hinder him at all. Sure he could gain weight but so could any other fat guy you pick to play NT. The guy is a freak of nature and the Bills should consider trading back into the late first round to get him

It did hinder him, he played in about half the D snaps. He was not on the field. He cannot have much of an affect on a game from the bench.

Say what you will about his eating problem.....he is a a beast in the middle of a line and a true nose

Williams will be gone by this pick and I dont want to trade up and give away picks.....

We also need at least one more offensive tackle.....I think we should look at free agency here.

All the nose tackles in free agency that I like are getting tagged.

I have no problem with this Ted Washington comes to mind. I have seen alot of senarios where he is gone.

It did hinder him, he played in about half the D snaps. He was not on the field. He cannot have much of an affect on a game from the bench.

That's the thing tho -- a few years ago, being pro wasn't a real thing to him. He was in a drug infested neighborhood, didn't have money to eat healthy, was raising 7 siblings. Hit juco at over 400 and when everything "got real" for him, he stepped up. Is he overweight? Yes. Is he still learning what it means to be an athlete? Yes. I think he has growing up to do, but I think he has desire and drive. I highly doubt that until the last 2 years anyone really took a chance to teach him how to take care of his body, and given him the resources to follow through, and in that time he has lost upwards of 40-50 lbs.

Regardless, he has been dominating in those half games, even if he's still a work in progress.

Yes I have concerns but the doom and gloom - maybe he'd be worth a 4th, all it takes is one team - just mind boggling. Anyone notice all those tags going on nose tackles? All it's going to take is one of about a dozen teams to take him before 41.

Who is going to play the other 60% of the snaps at NT then? Cody was rarely on the field for Alabama throughout his career. It wont get any easier in the NFL.

Most NT only play 1st and 2nd down or short yardage 3rd downs. On any obvious passing situation they will use Kyle Williams at NT and hope he can generate a little pash rush with a bit more quickness.

Say what you will about his eating problem.....he is a a beast in the middle of a line and a true nose

Williams will be gone by this pick and I dont want to trade up and give away picks.....

We also need at least one more offensive tackle.....I think we should look at free agency here.

I think Cody could be a beast. His weight issue is a little risky though. Hopefully discipline won't be a problem either. His potential reminds me a bit of Haloti Ngata. Fortunately for Ngata's career he got got a linebacker like Ray Lewis to light a fire under his ass. I don't know if we have a player on our team to do that with Cody. Perhaps our coaching staff could get Cody working to his potential. I doubt he will last when we pick in the 2nd though. But if he was there when our 2nd round pick came up, how could anyone say no?

As a previous poster said, buffalo wings would be in danger. I think we should therefore ration wings to Cody.

He is what he is- a one dimensional dominant run stuffer-which is exactly what the NFL's worst rush defense needs.

So this guy is a "beast"? Even though he doesn't have enough motivation to be in shape for his NFL audition? No thanks. Let him be someone else's disappointment.

PTR