Daunte Culpepper

FluffHead

I'm going out on a limb and saying Culpepper will be the Bills' starter in 2010. Free agent, big arm, wants another chance to start, is somewhat mobile, seems like a Chan Gailey kind of guy, allows us to focus on other needs in the draft this year. I think it makes a lot of sense. What say you?

I will Pass. As good as an idea as it is, he just isnt a good ball player anymore. His day has come and gone. I am not for giving up draft picks for a QB considering how many holes we have! I do understand why you would want to bring him in. I just think Culpepper isnt the QB he was when he was in Minnesota.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on the culpepper war wagon, Honestly, If we can get 2-3 solid yrs out of him, it frees us up to actually develop a young QB behind a real Player (former MVP). And although Ive been a Lefevour guy this whole offseason, I think that if you bring in culpepper, you should looks seriously at jarrett brown from WVU big arm, quick release, 6-4 223, a great kid to line up behind Daunte and take the reigns when culpepper is done. This would free up alot of space to build the lines this year and next year. we would go into camp with 4 qbs daunte, fitz brown and ???with the backup battle b/t fitz and the winner of TE vs. BB. Sounds solid to me, or we could sub Lefevour for brown, but brown is, in all honesty, more "our" type of QB.

I have read some pretty idiotic stuff on this board and this post just shot to the top of the list. 2-3 solid years out of Daunte Culpepper?!?!?! :wallbash: Please tell me you're joking. :wallbash::oops:

You'd be lucky to get 2-3 solid quarters out of Daunte freaking Culpepper.

well, if chan wants to bring in a vet, and thats a big if, who else is on the FA market, NOT TRADES, with all the holes we have nix isnt trading any picks so forget the eagles qb's. who else is out there. Its not many, and of those slim pickins, Culpepper is probably the best of the bunch, remember he sat out a yr, so if he can give us 1-3 yrs as a solid starter, while we groom a replacement (Lefevour, Brown, etc), we're in better shape than we are now. TE and Fitz are not the answers

If anyone brings up Culpepper again I'm going to puke! That nasty, acidic taste in my mouth is disgusting. Enough with this foolishness. Just stop it, please. :wallbash:

I love how people tear apart the idea of picking up McNabb but want a washed up a$$ clown like Culpepper. The guy is about a 10th as good as McNabb is at this point in their careers. You people make me ROFL. While were at it lets bring back Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Bruce Smith (which doesnt actually sound bad cause he is still a physical monster and could prolly have 10 sacks a year) and get Marv back as our coach. Lets all live in the past and not look forward to a bright future with this team. Thanks alot. You have all ruined my Friday and its only 8:45.

Why is everyone caught up on developing a quarterback of the future? What is the hurry? Thigpen can start now and he's 25 years old he could be the starter immediately and for the future.

If we grab McNabb we are in the playoffs for the next 3-4 years in a row, bring in a draft pick sometime during that stretch no big hurry.

If not it's hurry up and wait - tired of waiting when we don't have to

I'm going out on a limb and saying Culpepper will be the Bills' starter in 2010. Free agent, big arm, wants another chance to start, is somewhat mobile, seems like a Chan Gailey kind of guy, allows us to focus on other needs in the draft this year. I think it makes a lot of sense. What say you?

Daunte Culpepper should have been a Bill 2 years ago. Our brilliant front office and coaching staff however didn't want to actually bring in anyone that would completely show up Trent Edwards and expose his girly man weak ass rubber arm. I hated that so much about us. Bring in talent and let the cream rise to the top. Instead we don't bring in anyone of worth that could actually challenge old "checkdown".

I have read some pretty idiotic stuff on this board and this post just shot to the top of the list. 2-3 solid years out of Daunte Culpepper?!?!?! :wallbash: Please tell me you're joking. :wallbash::oops:

You'd be lucky to get 2-3 solid quarters out of Daunte freaking Culpepper.

did you happen to notice the IFS in that scenario, its a hypothetical situation, one would expect if you bring in a guy to be a stopgap player then you should get about 2-3 yrs out of him while you develop the younger guy behind him, like warner/leinhart in Arizona.

How much crap did you just weed through to find this gem? :doh:

Honestly, stop....please.

It was about 4 clicks. Just go to nfl.com. Select players by name. Type in Culpepper. All the stats are right there.

It was his last game so it was pretty easy.

Are you saying this was not a good NFL caliber game, or what?

Honestly, you stop ... please. I hate to confuse you with facts.

It was about 4 clicks. Just go to nfl.com. Select players by name. Type in Culpepper. All the stats are right there.

It was his last game so it was pretty easy.

Are you saying this was not a good NFL caliber game, or what?

Honestly, you stop ... please. I hate to confuse you with facts.

:doh:

Ummmmm.....you want to bring in Culpepper based on that one game?

Simply brilliant.

Daunte Culpepper should have been a Bill 2 years ago. Our brilliant front office and coaching staff however didn't want to actually bring in anyone that would completely show up Trent Edwards and expose his girly man weak ass rubber arm. I hated that so much about us. Bring in talent and let the cream rise to the top. Instead we don't bring in anyone of worth that could actually challenge old "checkdown".

Ha so we brought in ole Fitzpatrick "Hell he's only started cause Palmer got hurt, bring him in he can't challenge anyone for the starting spot" And that crappy quarterback beats out Trent -woops.

Ha so we brought in ole Fitzpatrick "Hell he's only started cause Palmer got hurt, bring him in he can't challenge anyone for the starting spot" And that crappy quarterback beats out Trent -woops.

Exactly. It was so obvious to me that Trent wasn't the guy. There are any number of guys we could have brought in that would have taken Edwards job perhaps even faster than Fitz. Doesn't mean they are great QBs or the way we should go....it just means that Edwards was THAT ineffective.

Please, don't.

Here's a fun old term to ponder:

Washed-Up

Jeff George wants another chance too.

Lets bring Jim Kelly out of retirement.

In all seriousness I wouldn't mind it.

I wanted McNabb but with the retirement of Butler we may need two starting OTs.

Dante would be a bad decision. His most productive years were completely due to the fact that he had an amazing running game w/ Robert Smith and one of the best tandems at WR in league history w/ Moss and Carter. After that, he did nothing.

In 2004 Carter was no longer their and nate Burleson was the teams leading reciever he spread the ball around alot.

Carter left the team in 2001 and Smith left the team in 2000 he had one year after that with a 1000 yard rusher he actually acounted for a large part of their rushing game and I don't believe he got a fair shot after 2005. But he has to fit our system you can't just through a QB into a system that does not fit them and expect them to flurish we have done that long enough. Gailey seems to taylor the system to the QB.

What is the name of the site you do your research on www.letspullcrapoutofourassandpassitoffasfact.com