Daunte Culpepper

FluffHead

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we have a stacked offensive line, solid running game, and Randy Moss, Culpepper could be great. Otherwise he's another backup, which we clearly don't need. Statistically he's been about equal to Trent Edwards when he hasn't had Randy Moss to throw to, and he's a little old to expect much in the way of development.

how can any person on earth besides daunte and his mom think that he will be better than Brian Brohm next year? Brohm is ONE HELL OF A QB!!!! why can't anyone else see that? Brohms game against Atlanta last year was a good game for him, considering he was on the team for how long? practising with the first team for how long? a former projected 1st overall QB, the kid's got game. we have our franchise QB right here in our laps and a bunch of you douchbags want to sign old man Daunte? come on? wtf is wrong with you guys! Brohm also looks a hell of a lot better than Bradford did in his highlights. I dont' know how so many people can have such varied opinions.

Ok whats the fascination with brohm i just dont get it he was kicked all the way down to the practice squad of green bay who drafted him in the 2nd round..no e-beef or nothing im just tryna see what you see cuz i must be blind...to be honest him and daunte in the same category i give the edge to daunte cuz he is a vet. Brohm sucked in that game in ATL i dont know what you saw but i saw pure USDA trash..and saying brohm looked better than bradford is jus stone dumb...did brohm win the heisman? UH NO, how many bowl games compared to bradford has brohm been in?..so please explain WITHOUT INSULTS PLEASE why brohm is this great qb..

Jeff George wants another chance too.

I started reading reading this thread and stopped right here.

I say yes wtf? why not? Bring him in for training camp. If I recall he wanted a shot last year. Or the year before that. Or maybe it was the year before that? The guy obviously has something to prove since he's been trying to get back in the league and hasn't been able to.

:thumbsup:

Brohms game against Atlanta last year was a good game for him

Brohm's line in the Atlanta game:

17 for 29, 146 yards 0 TDs 2 picks 43.2 rating

Maybe a good game for him, but no one else. main think I remember is him underthrowing TO in the EZ for a pick. A nice pass would have been a TD. TO was open.

Aside from the stats, I watched that game and he looked like the second coming of TE. I didn't see much. Granted bad line etc. But still, didn't see anything there to make me think he was franchise QB or even NFL QB for that matter.

6 years ago.......

we had a winning record

chiefs gained the most offensive yards

Shaun Alexander was a force to be reckoned with

Muhsin Muhammad led the league in receiving yards

Losman was the qb of the future

and uh culpepper led the league in passing yards

So you know what, since we are going back to 2004. Let's model our offense after the chiefs, sign muhsin Muhammad, Shaun Alexander, and Culpepper. Sounds silly doesn't it. Stop dreaming and making this ridiculous threads everyone. Just because florio says something, it doesn't matter lol.

culpepper....seriously?

can we also sign Simeon Rice he had 12 sacks that year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, but has anyone actually watched Daunte play over the past few years. He is nothing like the guy you saw in Minnesota. I would rather tape a football to my dog and let him run around the field then put a Bills uniform on Culpepper.

Please end this nonsense.

Ok whats the fascination with brohm i just dont get it he was kicked all the way down to the practice squad of green bay who drafted him in the 2nd round..no e-beef or nothing im just tryna see what you see cuz i must be blind...to be honest him and daunte in the same category i give the edge to daunte cuz he is a vet. Brohm sucked in that game in ATL i dont know what you saw but i saw pure USDA trash..and saying brohm looked better than bradford is jus stone dumb...did brohm win the heisman? UH NO, how many bowl games compared to bradford has brohm been in?..so please explain WITHOUT INSULTS PLEASE why brohm is this great qb..

Brohm is not this great Qb.......Brohn is representative of the desperation that Bills fans feel. They are hoping beyond hope that the Bills stumble upon this great Qb because this team has sucked for so long. Unfortunately Brohm will disappoint just like the rest have. He was demoted in Greenbay for a reason. He isn't good enough.

2009 week 17 vs Bears - 23 for 34, 2 TDs, 1pick, 262 yards, 97.9 rating. 4 carries for 9 yards. 0 fumbles

Not too shabby.

2009 week 1 vs NE - 15 of 25, 2 TDs, 0 picks, 212 yards, 114.1 rating. 2 carries for 25 yards. 0 fumbles

2009 week 2 vs TB - 21 of 31, 2 TDs, 1 pick, 230 yards, 97.5 rating. 3 carries for 24 yards. 0 fumbles

2009 week 11 vs JX -18 of 31, 1 TD, 2 picks, 297 yards, 74.3 rating. 1 carry for 5 yards. 0 fumbles

2009 week 12 vs MI - 17 of 26, 1 TD, 1 pick, 246 yards, 92.8 rating. 7 carries for 50 yards. 2 fumbles

2009 week 17 vs ID - 16 of 25, 3 TDs, 0 picks, 155 yards, 120.8 rating. 1 carry for 7 yards. 0 fumbles

The first two are Trent's numbers, the last three are Fitz's.

So, just how exactly, is Daunting Small-Hands Daunte an upgrade from what's currently on the roster?

I'd say absolutely! When looking at the Bills we currently have 3 QB's that are, based on past achievements, not NFL caliber QB's. Maybe with the right coaching one or two of them can be good. That is a big BUT, though. Going into 2010 we need someone who has done it before, and who can do it - not necessarily at a pro-bowl level, but at least capable of hitting 15yrd slants, something other than a screen pass. So we bring in Daunte. He's not a long term answer, but he is at the least capable, and potentially could be good. Then we draft a QB who needs a little time to develop - someone in the mid rounds so we can take care of other needs early, yet who could be good, like Tebow or Lefevour? - and we let him develop for a year. Doing it like that would give us one proven starter, a future to build on, and we still would have the possibility of Trent or Brohm being held onto and competing. We'd go from having a black hole at the QB position to having some promise. That's my take.

And, it wouldn't have to be Culpepper - although I think he's the best option - any good vet that could fill in for a year or two, show leadership, make the average NFL caliber throws. Other possibilities - Plummer (as listed on PFT), Garcia, Thigpen...

Brohm is not this great Qb.......Brohn is representative of the desperation that Bills fans feel. They are hoping beyond hope that the Bills stumble upon this great Qb because this team has sucked for so long. Unfortunately Brohm will disappoint just like the rest have. He was demoted in Greenbay for a reason. He isn't good enough.

I dont think he is a great qb either (i think he's pure USDA certified trash personally). I see why the desperation aspect of it but its like some people think he's joe montana or johnny unitas and he is far from it. If he was why would GB dump him? He's not that good but some people think he is for some odd reason. Hell as a college qb he didnt do nothing that would make it seem he's and elite qb. But i guess everyone has and opinion right or wayyyyy wrong...

I dont think he is a great qb either (i think he's pure USDA certified trash personally). I see why the desperation aspect of it but its like some people think he's joe montana or johnny unitas and he is far from it. If he was why would GB dump him? He's not that good but some people think he is for some odd reason. Hell as a college qb he didnt do nothing that would make it seem he's and elite qb. But i guess everyone has and opinion right or wayyyyy wrong...

The fascination with Brohm is that he is the "great unknown", we have no idea what he's capable of. While he was cut down to 3rd string in GB (the WCO isn't for everyone) and he got thrown in vs. ATL on short notice, we still don't have enough tape on him to form an intelligent opinion on what he is from a QB standpoint. Those who are optimistic see the potential, and those who are pessimistic, of course, see no reason to have any confidence in a guy thats only started 1 game. What we know is we have a guy that was drafted fairly high, and projected even higher, he has a good physical skill set to work with but we have no idea what he does in the film room, or on the board, if he gets it mentally. The best, most time honored approach for us would be the ole' wait and see. IMO CG and BN will be giving the 3 stooges we currently have an even restart from OTA's on out, so if BB can beat out Mr. Glass and Fitzy, then good for him, he earned something, but if hes still 3rd coming out of camp, dump him, I think we will head into camp with 4 qb's 1 vet, 1 rook, fitz, and the winner of TEvs.BB

if we cant get Mike, Donovan, Seneca or cant draft bradford then yea im all for Dante. I mean he is better than all the players we have and he is 10x better than tyler pigpen. But you have to take in that we dont have the caliber duo of recivers he needs to be great he would be avg on the bills. But at this point ill take avg...

Wow Seneca? I think more people would be upset about that QB choice than any other

Seems like a stop-crap QB to me.

Culpepper would be an option to bring in for one or two seasons... Play ahead of a rookie, compete with Trent and he's been through that scenario before in Detroit... I think they wait and see what happens in the draft... If we go QB with the first pick, its just the new guy and all of the others on the current roster... Oh the anticipation... its killing me.

Please, don't.

Here's a fun old term to ponder:

Washed-Up

Jeff George wants another chance too.

Seriously? Jeff George was awesome, what an arm! Sign him up! I'm certain he's matured in a Favre-ian kind of way.

You're right, Brohm is nothing but a disappointment at this stage. And wanting him to be a good Qb won't make him one, despite the hopes of all the desperate fans. Unless he proves you wrong with his play on the field, you are right. You judge him by his performance to this point in his short career, which is the logical way to look at it.

I think they wait and see what happens in the draft... If we go QB with the first pick, its just the new guy and all of the others on the current roster... Oh the anticipation... its killing me.

Coach Gailey says that by the time FA season starts which I think is in a couple of weeks, he'll know what direction he wants to go in. If he wants to bring in a FA, the draft will be too late. Should be interesting.