Wow Sully gets one right

DarthICE

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When did Edwards starting become 50-50? The story I read said Gailey would give him a look as well as explore other options. Just what you'd expect a new coach to do. Sully is just fanning the flames with BS.

PTR

There is nothing to look at. The guy failed twice. He sucks. Hell even an interim coach benched his ass. Edwards is a pathetic kitty that has no business being a starter in the NFL

Getting rid of and ruling out any players who aren't lockerroom cancers or have impending judgements against them is stupid. The more players you have, ideally the better competition you have.

Do any of the great QB's have to go through competition? Did Matt Stafford? Not really when they thought he was up to speed they threw him in there.

This competition BS at QB is just that, BS. Pick a guy, make him your starter and support him period. The more snaps you take from the guy you want to be your starter, the longer it takes to develop him.

I hope we take Bradford at 9 and he gets all the reps with the first string. Enough screwing around with the QB spot

How many threads are you going to start on you hate Edwards and we need to draft a QB?

I believe there is a term for this?

I actually think that Edwards could be an ideal back-up. Studious, causes no problems and provided he plays within his limited skill set, he could be occasionally productive.

When did Edwards starting become 50-50? The story I read said Gailey would give him a look as well as explore other options. Just what you'd expect a new coach to do. Sully is just fanning the flames with BS.

PTR

Yeah! The last time I checked, no one from the Bills organization actually said Edwards even has a shot at the job, not even a 50-50 shot. Some sports column writer said that...not the Bills brass. What Gailey said was, he'd give him a look...AS WELL AS QB's available in free agency & via trades... :w00t:

I think they are just saying that as to either

- increase his chance of trade bait

- not tip their hand on what they are trying to do either in trade or draft

Time to start looking at this as a poker game. Too early to tip the hand.

^^

This.

I think that is the ONLY reason that kitty is still on this roster

Bills need to do this...Bills need to do that...

Pitoniak wants us to trade away our first rounder for McNabb. What a fool!

Bob Matthews and Larry Felser both need to get back on their Aricept.

Sullivan wants Pittsburgh's NT Hampton and I agree, for the right price and if

he really wants to come to Buffalo. Trent Edwards is probably done in Buffalo

but to this point, he has had crap for coaching, a pathetic OL and HC who didn't

have a clue about offense. Add in a couple concussions and you get the current

Trent Edwards. Let Gailey do his evaluation. We are paying him a third rounders

wage and if he shows something you keep him as a backup or trade him. If Gailey

can't get anything out of him, then cut him. He is not a cancer in the lockerroom and

who knows, maybe another team is hoping that a change of scenery for Edwards would

do the trick. No sense just dumping a low $ QB under contract before Gailey gets a chance

to do his own evaluation.

but to this point, he has had crap for coaching, a pathetic OL and HC who didn't

can't get anything out of him, then cut him. He is not a cancer in the lockerroom and

who knows, maybe another team is hoping that a change of scenery for Edwards would

do the trick. No sense just dumping a low $ QB under contract before Gailey gets a chance

What he said.

Yeah... it's probably best to start out with your QB, assuming there's one there in the draft. But there is no franchise QB in this draft. Bradford is close. But, upon further review, he's the second coming of Chrystal Chandelier (Chris Chandler). Bradford isn't a cold weather blue collar type that is best suited for the Buffalo climate. He's best suited in warm weather or indoors. And let's be honest here... all three AFC east opponents have physical defenses... especially the Jets... Bradford wouldn't last two series against them unless he was handing the ball off.

Trent Edwards showed a lot of ability. All of that ended on one play in a game in Arizona in 2008. Once Edwards got hit like that, it's all he thought about when he dropped back to pass. He didn't look downfield. He looked at the oncoming rush and dumped it off to the closest eligible receiver before he got hit.

The moral of the story... go ahead and draft your dream QB. If you don't have the boys up front to keep him upright, you are going to lose him. No QB enjoys being hit... especially young QBs... and they know they have a bulseye on their jersey.

Lastly... I don't give a damn who the Bills draft at #9... but I'll say this... that player better damn well start from day one this time and make a significant impact. The Bills brass had better get it right this time. No more Maybin's, Whitner's, etc. and mo more trading up to get crap like McGahee, Losman, & McCargo.

I agree with you. Why is the mob in such a rush to drive him out of town? Let TE compete on the field and see how he does against his competitors. No qb could succeed under the ludicrous circumstances that this dysfunctional organization created. The coaching staff, OL, DL, owner, front office were less than second rate. It now seems that Buddy Nix is establishing some sane order and is establishing a sense of professionalism and direction within the football operation.

If Trent Edwards turns out to be a good backup then what is wrong with that? Instead of tearing him down he should be encouraged. The odds are not great that he will be our franchise qb. But sometimes long shot gambles work out. Kurt Warner, Jeff Garcia, Gannon and others were not immediate successes. Let's let things run its course and then make a judgment.

When the Bills draft at the nine position and they have a qb still on the board that they rank high at that spot then go ahead and make the pick. But to draft a particular position because of need without accounting for value is foolish. No one who is reasonable doesn't accept the proposition that the qb position is the most important position on a roster. But the struggling Bills are weak in almost every position. If they have a higher ranked player at the OT spot then take the higher ranked OT. That approach is what most successful teams do. The Bills have been bottom feeders because they over value prospects which address needs instead of getting the best players available.

Do any of the great QB's have to go through competition? Did Matt Stafford? Not really when they thought he was up to speed they threw him in there.

This competition BS at QB is just that, BS. Pick a guy, make him your starter and support him period. The more snaps you take from the guy you want to be your starter, the longer it takes to develop him.

I hope we take Bradford at 9 and he gets all the reps with the first string. Enough screwing around with the QB spot

Stafford had Culpepper to compete against but proved he was ready to be the starter. If he didn't the Lions would have went with Culpepper. The last thing I want to see is bringing another rookie QB in and throwing him to the wolves. See JP and Trent for where their careers went. People are like yeah support him but a couple bad games and people want to see the back up. We then start this yo yo process all over again yanking guys in and out of the lineup hindering their development.

Fix the lines first next year is probably going to be another losing season. I would rather pick a QB from next year's draft class anyway. Even if we draft a rookie QB there is no way I would have him start right away and would rather have them sit their rookie year. Learn the system and then compete for the starting job the following season. What good is it going to do if he is running for his life every snap and looking up at the sky flat on his back.