Wow Sully gets one right

DarthICE

I actually think that Edwards could be an ideal back-up. Studious, causes no problems and provided he plays within his limited skill set, he could be occasionally productive.

Sorry but no. At the patriots game when Edwards came in to a chorus of Boos then proceded to go 1 for 2 for -1 yard and a sack and a broken ankle, that summed up Edwards career for me and was all i needed to see. If Edwards starts this year its going to be a long long year in Buffalo

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787

I don't understand the level of animosity towards a player that has always been completely loyal to his football team. I've never seen Trent Edwards point his finger at any player or coach and has backed the organization 100%. The Bills as an organization has returned Trent Edwards loyalty with shoddy protection, sub par coaching and horrible upper management. Trent Edwards is one of the lowest paid players on the Bills roster yet has the most difficult assignment.

Most players would have wanted out of Buffalo long ago, Trent Edwards on the other hand will tell us the same thing he has always told us,

"My goal is to take the Buffalo Bills to the Superbowl and bring home a Championship "

I don't understand the level of animosity towards a player that has always been completely loyal to his football team. I've never seen Trent Edwards point his finger at any player or coach and has backed the organization 100%. The Bills as an organization has returned Trent Edwards loyalty with shoddy protection, sub par coaching and horrible upper management. Trent Edwards is one of the lowest paid players on the Bills roster yet has the most difficult assignment.

Most players would have wanted out of Buffalo long ago, Trent Edwards on the other hand will tell us the same thing he has always told us,

"My goal is to take the Buffalo Bills to the Superbowl and bring home a Championship "

What he said.

Sorry but no. At the patriots game when Edwards came in to a chorus of Boos then proceded to go 1 for 2 for -1 yard and a sack and a broken ankle, that summed up Edwards career for me and was all i needed to see. If Edwards starts this year its going to be a long long year in Buffalo

If we have the same piss poor offensive line play as we did last year, it is going to be a long year in Buffalo (and for whoever is the QB).

Long tme lurker new poster. This is the most intelligent BB board on the net. I hope I can contribute.

Edwards isn't gonna get any better he just needs to get a shot as 2nd QB. Trade or draft the Bills need to do better.

There are a few of us that actually know what we are talking about Edwards may actually be a good fit for a west coast offense what alot of people don't realize is that he was asked to run an offense that doesn't fit his skill set like when the Jets tried to put Favre in a conservative Offense it just doesn't work. your players have to fit the system just because they don't fit it doesn't mean they suck. I believe that is the case with Edwards. People forget who recommended him.

Walsh(west-coast offense). This doesn't mean he will be good there but because ha wasn't good here doesn't mean he sucks.

There is nothing to look at. The guy failed twice. He sucks. Hell even an interim coach benched his ass. Edwards is a pathetic kitty that has no business being a starter in the NFL

I wouldn't mind seeing what he can do with a updated OL and better coaches. I also wouldn't mind seeing Clausen here either.

So Sully gets one right because he agrees with you? :thumbsup:

No, because he is right on this subject. Edwards sucks. No OL, no coaching, no amount of WR's are going to help this clown. He had no business starting for an NFL Team in the first place. ONLY bills fans would think this guy could ever be anything.

Every QB we have had this same discussion about, got shipped out and sucked wherever he went. Same will be with Trent, Fitz and Brohm.

Sullivan loses credibility when he says giving Fitzpatrick the job would be acceptable. Fitzpatrick is awful. I'd rather have Hamdan as the starter next year than Fitzpatrick.

If this is where you think Sullivan loses credibility, you haven't been reading his column. Sullivan loses credibility as soon as he attaches his by-line.

When did Edwards starting become 50-50? The story I read said Gailey would give him a look as well as explore other options. Just what you'd expect a new coach to do. Sully is just fanning the flames with BS.

PTR

Gailey said there are 4 options the Bills have with QBs: current roster, draft, FA, trade. Gaughan then surmised somehow that TE had a better than 50% chance of starting based on this?

The thing is TE lost not only his own confidence but that of the previous coaches and his teammates. That is not a good base to build a new career as the Bills starter under the new coach.

Mrs. Edwards,

Trent's pay is comensurate with the position in which he was selected in the draft and in his years in service. His performance on the field has not done much to insure that his pay will be much higher in the future.

I agree that your son has been the victim of both poor coaching and management. He has played behind one of the worst OL's in the league.

I don't think everyone will agree that your son is completely loyal to his teammates or to the teams fans. First of all he is not a passionate guy about football. He stated as much when he said he is not a Bills fan or a football fan. His actions show he is not a student of the game. His status with his teammates is not too high right now either. Perhaps that is why he stands by himself on the sidelines.

When he was given the job as QB some of the players were upset and wanted Losman in there (yes, that Losman). When he lost his job to Fitzpatrick (yes, that Fitzpatrick) many of the players rallied around their new QB and the team play was in fact elevated. When the head coach was fired the interim coach went with Fitzpatrick, not Trent. Something tells the casual observer that the rest of the team has lost confidence in your son.

He seems like a good kid and maybe he will do better elsewhere. Who knows, Chan might give him another chance and maybe things will work out.

Gailey said there are 4 options the Bills have with QBs: current roster, draft, FA, trade. Gaughan then surmised somehow that TE had a better than 50% chance of starting based on this?

The thing is TE lost not only his own confidence but that of the previous coaches and his teammates. That is not a good base to build a new career as the Bills starter under the new coach.

He "lost the confidence" of Mr. Alligator arms (who will not be on the team this year) and our number 2 wr who still has a man crush on Losman.

Everyone should just be ready for TE to start. Anything other than maybe trading for a young star would be stupid. TE isnt the problem on this team, the line is. That needs to be fixed first. Wasting RD1 on a QB isnt gonna help.

TE IS the damn problem. The sooner fans wake up the better.