Bills #30 in 2010-2011 Rankings-Ouch

gobills28

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

Jason La Canfora's Pre-Pre-season NFL Rankings for the 2010-2011 season states:

"30. Buffalo Bills - I have a feeling the Bills will be last in AFC East for a long time. Like their old coaching staff more than the new one. Godspeed."

Ouch.

Not saying this guy's opinion is worth anything, but it does slightly hurt the optimistic attitude I'm currently riding.

Now for all ya'll hollerin' and screamin' that I ain't got no reason to optimistic, they ain't don nothin yet.

I simply reply, the Southern Comfort Ralph is pouring us sure is slowly winning me over...but we have't played a game yet...until then..

GO BILLS...and a big F U Jason La Canfora.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

Jason La Canfora's Pre-Pre-season NFL Rankings for the 2010-2011 season states:

"30. Buffalo Bills - I have a feeling the Bills will be last in AFC East for a long time. Like their old coaching staff more than the new one. Godspeed."

Ouch.

Not saying this guy's opinion is worth anything, but it does slightly hurt the optimistic attitude I'm currently riding.

Now for all ya'll hollerin' and screamin' that I ain't got no reason to optimistic, they ain't don nothin yet.

I simply reply, the Southern Comfort Ralph is pouring us sure is slowly winning me over...but we have't played a game yet...until then..

GO BILLS...and a big F U Jason La Canfora.

Thirty sounds a little high to me. La Canfora is an optimistic type of guy. Why curse out the messenger when the message reflects the state of affairs?

There are SO many holes in this team that I don't see how we could possibly win more than 4 games. And we went and created even more holes by switching to a 3-4.

At least our coaching staff has been hard at work evaluating and getting their master plan together...Oh wait, they just met for the first time last week.

We hired a coaching staff which has only proved they are not very successful at coaching. Gailey did not fair well as head coach in Dallas or GT, and his offenses did not consistantly perform or improve when he was an OC. His only "success" came over 5 years ago. Our OC - the guy whose name I dont even remember/RB & running game coach from Arizona - ranked in the bottom 5 in the league in rushing every year of his tenure. We fired the best special teams coach in the league, so I doubt we improve much there. The only semi successful coach we brought in seems to be edwards, who has no experience at his new position.

When can we fire this staff and bring in a real one?

2-14 or 3-13 - OK then we get an awsome Draft Pick - LOCKER.

But I think they are wrong and we are in the middle of the pack - as usual. Remember this is still a mediocre league. The "experts" only look at face value. As it was, Perry Fewell was 3-4 with no offense and a decimated roster. We are at least a 7-9 team next year - no where near #30 in the Power rankings. But if they want to slot us there great. I prefer being under the radar anyway.

We are not so far away from winning as people think. Do we have problems . . let me count the ways. But so does everyone else. We need to shore-up the O-Line, that will enable whatever QB plays to play better, which means more points and wins. (Not to mention a good QB coach and OC that won't be going anywhere.) We already have good receivers and great RB's, especially if Lynch comes back with a chip on his shoulder. (Another off-season indiscretion and it's off to Cincy!!)

On the Defense, we need some Key people - a DT and 2 LB's. Do-able in the draft. Again we are not so far away.

Let the boys at OBD do their thing. Assess where we can improve in FA. What vets will return? Then address the missing pieces in the draft. Lastly, make a trade for a proven QB if possible - but for nothing more than a 3rd rounder. Our draft slot almost makes our 3rd rounder look like a late 2nd rounder.

Lastly. Either I completely disagree with LaCanforta about the quality of the coaches or simply these guys are better because they are different. The old regime had to go. Remember, we won't be changing OC's a week before the opener. That alone makes this team better.

Most if not all signs point to improvement. Or look at it this way . . . where are we getting worse? Worse than last year? I would say virtually nowhere (unless Schoebel hangs it up). So those dire predictions are the off-hand comments by experts about an irrevelent team. We s/b slotted bet 15-20. Better than #30, but still irrevelent. Any improvement from there will be a real feather in Gailey's / Nix's caps.

First, who care what Jason LaConfora thinks. What is really preposterous though is the idea of a "pre-season" ranking before free agency and draft. Just more mental masturbation for ill informed and bored psudo NFL analysts in the off-seasson.

You know, every year all these sports pundits think we are going to be either the worst team or in the bottom five. Granted, our team sucks. But we haven't been in the bottom five since we drafted mike williams. We are not a great team, but we are not a bottom 5 team. Plenty of worse teams out there right now.

Even for the people who think our coaching staff isn't anything special (i agree) I think we have a greatly improved front offense, which is what I wanted more.

There are SO many holes in this team that I don't see how we could possibly win more than 4 games. And we went and created even more holes by switching to a 3-4.

At least our coaching staff has been hard at work evaluating and getting their master plan together...Oh wait, they just met for the first time last week.

0-6 in the division for starters , then you play the vikings, steelers, packers, bengals, bears. you're 0-10 before you start counting wins, guys... come on,, why worry on the draft, we will be in top 5 next year....

0-6 in the division for starters , then you play the vikings, steelers, packers, bengals, bears. you're 0-10 before you start counting wins, guys... come on,, why worry on the draft, we will be in top 5 next year....

Awesome. Let's all kill ourselves now and save ourselves from the pain of next year. :rolleyes:

A ranking based on no knowledge of what this team will be like or who will play on it. So what is this actually based on?

PTR

Do you honestly believe that the Bills will be better than the Jets, Patriots and Dolphins next year, all divisional opponents? I certainly don't. You don't have to be an NFL expert to realize that the Bills have a major rebuilding project to do before they can be seriously considered a playoff team.

Do you honestly believe that the Bills will be better than the Jets, Patriots and Dolphins next year, all divisional opponents? I certainly don't. You don't have to be an NFL expert to realize that the Bills have a major rebuilding project to do before they can be seriously considered a playoff team.

They spilit with 2 of them and blew a game against the Pats (and outgained them the 2nd game). But you're right. They will all improve and we will be the only one that will get worse obviously.

Jason La Canfora's opinion is spot on. The AFC East Basement will belong to the Bills for many years. I like the way Buddy Nix is talking, and believe that the Bills should be on the road to respectability within a few years, but the other teams in the division are much too strong for the Bills to beat out. Please don't hate the messenger because this team is horrible. As much as I want to see the Bills win a super bowl before I die (I'm only 41), I know that they are at least three years away from even possibly making a playoff appearence. The Bills are currently a 2-14 team that somehow managed a 6-10 record.