SHOP LEE EVANS FOR TRADE

There I said it...

I know Lee is a great player, I know he is a great team player, I know he still has productive years ahead. I hate the bills underutilize him. I am a huge fan of his work ethic, and I do not blame his lack of offensive output on him or his abilities.

That said-

This franchise is years away from having a solid QB situation, the Line is still problematic and even with a reputable second threat, he was still underutilized. There are plenty of receivers in the league that can put up a 600 yard season. Lee is the Ferrari we can’t drive over 35 m.p.h. and won’t have the ability to until he starts breaking down himself.

Meanwhile, Lee is in his prime. He is the 2 or 3rd highest paid WR in the league. I suspect there are a number of teams that believe they are one Lee Evans away from a ring. Manning could use Evans to replace the void left by Harrison as one example, there are more. (SD, NE- though I would never advocate it, etc.)

I argue he is one of the Bills with the most external value and his low productivity on the bills (due to QB , scheme, cast) would be most easily replaced by a serviceable veteran, journeyman or 4th-6th round rookie.

[/quote

This is gotta be a joke....Right? :rolleyes:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills will never get enough value for Evans to offset his loss (ie, the trade would be lopsided against the Bills).

I say this assuming that Evans might get the Bills a 2nd round pick in return. I don't think any team would pony up

a #1 pick for him. If someone does, then *maybe* consider it, but remember a #1 pick is not a sure-thing.

In this case a bird (Evans) in the hand is worth more than the 2 in the bush.

If Reed & Owens go, Evans is the only proven NFL receiver on the roster. The reality is the dream team of Hardy & S. Johnson might not be on the roster next season, unless we do trade Evans. Just like a lot of other positions, the Bills don't have anything but a bunch of unproven never beens at WR, with the exception of Lee Evans.

There I said it...

I know Lee is a great player, I know he is a great team player, I know he still has productive years ahead. I hate the bills underutilize him. I am a huge fan of his work ethic, and I do not blame his lack of offensive output on him or his abilities.

That said-

This franchise is years away from having a solid QB situation, the Line is still problematic and even with a reputable second threat, he was still underutilized. There are plenty of receivers in the league that can put up a 600 yard season. Lee is the Ferrari we can’t drive over 35 m.p.h. and won’t have the ability to until he starts breaking down himself.

Meanwhile, Lee is in his prime. He is the 2 or 3rd highest paid WR in the league. I suspect there are a number of teams that believe they are one Lee Evans away from a ring. Manning could use Evans to replace the void left by Harrison as one example, there are more. (SD, NE- though I would never advocate it, etc.)

I argue he is one of the Bills with the most external value and his low productivity on the bills (due to QB , scheme, cast) would be most easily replaced by a serviceable veteran, journeyman or 4th-6th round rookie.

Yea, trade the only really good receiver we have, so when they bring a young quarterback in, not only doesn't he have a line to block for him, he won't have anyone to throw it to. Might as well put a young QB in front of the firing line. Terrible idea.

There I said it...

That said-

+1

There I said it...

That said-

I say trade him to Indianaplis Colts. Can you imagine Peyton throwing to Lee Evans on deep routes if he is not double teamed? Get back a first and third. I'd be happy with it as we can't throw anyway.

Yea, trade the only really good receiver we have, so when they bring a young quarterback in, not only doesn't he have a line to block for him, he won't have anyone to throw it to. Might as well put a young QB in front of the firing line. Terrible idea.

Oh yeah, it's a bad idea to trade away a underachieving, #2 WR that makes $9+ million a year. Everyone points the finger at the QB and the O-line but not the WR's, WR's help make the QB as well.

Oh yeah, it's a bad idea to trade away a underachieving, #2 WR that makes $9+ million a year. Everyone points the finger at the QB and the O-line but not the WR's, WR's help make the QB as well.

You obviously don't watch the games do you? If you did you would know that over the past 3 season, every since Edwards took over for Losman, if two balls are thrown towards Evans in one game it is rare. Normally he is lucky to get one ball thrown his way that is even catchable. You are right, a receiver can make a qb look good, but the ball has to be thrown to the receiver for him to do that. There is a big difference between underachieveing and underused, Evans is underused.

You obviously don't watch the games do you? If you did you would know that over the past 3 season, every since Edwards took over for Losman, if two balls are thrown towards Evans in one game it is rare. Normally he is lucky to get one ball thrown his way that is even catchable. You are right, a receiver can make a qb look good, but the ball has to be thrown to the receiver for him to do that. There is a big difference between underachieveing and underused, Evans is underused.

#1 WR's are suppose to be able to catch the football, even in double coverage, Evans can't do that. Plain and simple, he's too short, which is why it was a huge mistake to make him a #1 WR and pay him like one. Obviously, you have tunnel vision and see only what you want to see. Look at when Peerless Price went to the Falcons to become their #1 WR, he failed miserably, Price was way too short to be a #1 WR. Speedy, short WR's can be great complimentary #2 WR's to a bigger, more physical WR, like when Moulds was our #1 WR and Price was #2.

There I said it...

That said-

just go away we have enough dumb guys making ridiculous comments like this one. we need talent so your great logic is to get rid of one of the best veteran players on the team

i think you need to stop smoking what ever it is your smoking.

#1 WR's are suppose to be able to catch the football, even in double coverage, Evans can't do that. Plain and simple, he's too short, which is why it was a huge mistake to make him a #1 WR and pay him like one. Obviously, you have tunnel vision and see only what you want to see. Look at when Peerless Price went to the Falcons to become their #1 WR, he failed miserably, Price was way too short to be a #1 WR. Speedy, short WR's can be great complimentary #2 WR's to a bigger, more physical WR, like when Moulds was our #1 WR and Price was #2.

No #1 reciever who has ever played was able to catch balls that weren't even thrown to them. Wow, you obviously aren't an Evans fan if you blame him for not catching balls that aren't even thrown to him??????? There was so much pressure on the QBs last season to throw to T.O., as if they were scared he would blow up, that Evans was a forgotten man.