SHOP LEE EVANS FOR TRADE

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So we trade Lee Evans for a 3rd, maybe 2nd round pick. Then, everyone would be b1tching that we traded away another of our best player. We could also trade away Poz and Byrd. Why not trade them while they have value. Evans may not be the greatest ever, but who the heck is going to help the qb?

With all due respect...it's one of the dumbest ideas I've seen on this board. All you do in trading Lee Evans is create a hole. Good player. Great attitude and work ethic. Let's trade him. We MAY not have the QB, but let's not give him a chance by removing everyone who knows how to run a route and catch the ball. You see what happpen when we traded Peters....like him or hate him...he was good. And we did not have a good back up. Keep "good" unless you have another....

+1

I do think we overpaid for Evans, but he's here now, so let's use him.

I am getting tired of all the Lee Evans apologists. It is always someone else's fault His days as a top flight receiver are over. He is not a difference maker on the field and gives 3/4 an effort. You were all screaming last year how great he would be with TO opposite him. Guess what, TO gave twice the effort as Lee and Lee just disappeared. He has been nothing since he signed a big contract.

No #1 reciever who has ever played was able to catch balls that weren't even thrown to them. Wow, you obviously aren't an Evans fan if you blame him for not catching balls that aren't even thrown to him??????? There was so much pressure on the QBs last season to throw to T.O., as if they were scared he would blow up, that Evans was a forgotten man.

You can't throw to a short WR if they're either double-covered or can't get open. It's okay, keep making excuses up, it's obvious you have never played football and only watch the Bills.

Yes, the QB's were pressured to throw to Owens and he dropped 20+ passes last year. But Evans still couldn't get open. The only time Evans has been very successful was when Mike Mularkey was the Head Coach (Don't take this as me saying Mularkey was a good HC). Mularkey had Evans lining up all over the field to get him open and make plays. Jauron & co had Evans always lined up on the outside. Hopefully with Chan Gailey, Chan will get the most out of whoever is his QB and can find ways to get Evans open more often. Sorry, Evans is not a #1 WR and shouldn't be paid $9+ million a year. IMO, they should say goodbye to Parrish & Reed (even though Reed is a decent slot receiver) and bring in a WR that's at least 6ft 3 in or taller and is physical. Also, they should give serious looks to Stevie Johnson and James Hardy, hopefully they both learned a lot from Owens. Eric Moulds and Andre Reed were great physical receivers and that's what we need in Buffalo, enough of the speedy gonzalez's.

There I said it...

I know Lee is a great player, I know he is a great team player, I know he still has productive years ahead. I hate the bills underutilize him. I am a huge fan of his work ethic, and I do not blame his lack of offensive output on him or his abilities.

That said-

This franchise is years away from having a solid QB situation, the Line is still problematic and even with a reputable second threat, he was still underutilized. There are plenty of receivers in the league that can put up a 600 yard season. Lee is the Ferrari we can’t drive over 35 m.p.h. and won’t have the ability to until he starts breaking down himself.

Meanwhile, Lee is in his prime. He is the 2 or 3rd highest paid WR in the league. I suspect there are a number of teams that believe they are one Lee Evans away from a ring. Manning could use Evans to replace the void left by Harrison as one example, there are more. (SD, NE- though I would never advocate it, etc.)

That sounds like the Jauron theory (lets take away the whole O line and put in a new one and see how good we'll be ). I think Chan will use our skill players better & we have to have some kind of threat some where on the team .

I argue he is one of the Bills with the most external value and his low productivity on the bills (due to QB , scheme, cast) would be most easily replaced by a serviceable veteran, journeyman or 4th-6th round rookie.

There I said it...

I know Lee is a great player, I know he is a great team player, I know he still has productive years ahead. I hate the bills underutilize him. I am a huge fan of his work ethic, and I do not blame his lack of offensive output on him or his abilities.

That said-

This franchise is years away from having a solid QB situation, the Line is still problematic and even with a reputable second threat, he was still underutilized. There are plenty of receivers in the league that can put up a 600 yard season. Lee is the Ferrari we can’t drive over 35 m.p.h. and won’t have the ability to until he starts breaking down himself.

Meanwhile, Lee is in his prime. He is the 2 or 3rd highest paid WR in the league. I suspect there are a number of teams that believe they are one Lee Evans away from a ring. Manning could use Evans to replace the void left by Harrison as one example, there are more. (SD, NE- though I would never advocate it, etc.)

I argue he is one of the Bills with the most external value and his low productivity on the bills (due to QB , scheme, cast) would be most easily replaced by a serviceable veteran, journeyman or 4th-6th round rookie.

Trade Evans for who?

Drew Brees?

OK.

Laurence Maroney?

No.

A trade proposition is impossible to answer if you don't know who you are getting in return.

James Hardy and Josh Reed. And Chan Gailey would wish he took the route of Bill Cowher, Mike Shannahan, Jim Harbaugh, and Brian Schottenheimer.

But wait Steve Johnson will be there to save the day..... Trade Evans. Trade Lynch. Lets trade Poz while we are at it. That way there can be holes at just about every position on the team. RB and WR are the least of the issues this team has