Jimmy Clausen the next JP Losman?

I don't get the whole maxed out argument against Clausen. To me at age 21 coming out of college there is no way that you can't grow and you are destined to be what you are at age 21 throughout your whole career. Mark my words if Clausen drops to where New England is picking and he is on the board they will take him.

Its a excellent pick if New England can get their value for him. New England has extra 2nd round picks to address other needs so with their 1st round pick I could see them taking a chance on Clausen. Clausen (If he measured at a height of 6 foot 2 or better) has the biggest upside of the less then stellar QB class. I also see the Pats* maybe trading up using their extra 2nd or 3rd round picks to take the guy.

To me Clausen needs to be in the right situation. He needs to sit for a few years and mature/learn a system. He also needs a good veteran QB mentor to teach him how to be a pro. New England has a good system and a good coach that can turn him into a pro. They also have an aging QB in Brady who will be 33 come next season so drafting a young 21 year old heir apparent makes a ton of sense.

So if Clausen is there around pick 15-17 expect the Pats* to try to trade up to take him.

Clausen won't make it to #9 anyway. Surely this anonymous "scout" knows JP takes off running as soon as he senses a rush and never has his eyes downfield. Clausen routinely hits scans the field, buys time with his feet in the pocket and makes accurate throws. I see no comparison between the two at all except they are both from California.

Why is everyone so high on Thigpen? He was a 6th round pick wasnt he? and not good enough to start in KC.

Would people really be happy if the Bills got him and made him our starting QB?

Because thigpen played pretty damn good for the Chiefs 2 years ago. The only reason they didnt keep him was because Pioli had a woodie over matt cassel.

I'm a Notre Dame fan, so I've seen a lot of Clausen. I don't think he has what it takes to make it in the NFL. I really don't want him to end up on the Bills.

A lot of people forget that Clausen was playing with a very painful torn (tendon or ligament???) in his foot all season long. Considering that he was plagued with the injury for most of the season he played very well.

A lot of people forget that Clausen was playing with a very painful torn (tendon or ligament???) in his foot all season long. Considering that he was plagued with the injury for most of the season he played very well.

There are a lot of players playing through pain at any given time. I think he played about as well as he could for the team that Notre Dame had. He did what he was asked to do. I just don't think he'll be a good pro QB. He doesn't seem to have the leadership and fire in his belly to me. Of course it's just an opinion, but all of this is a crap shoot anyway.

McShay thinks Clausen will be the next J.P. Losman?

I would say that is a great reason to draft the kid in itself. McShay is an idiot only slightly less stupid than the Hair.

When Mayock says that he is going to be the next J.P., call me.

Here's proof McShay is an idiot: He thinks Clausen is the biggest risk & he puts him #2 on his board behind Bradford. Why would anyone put a guy who he has such little respect for as his 2nd best QB in the draft? He makes no sense with his words vs what he put on his board.

Mcshay, Kiper, and Mayock ALL have Bradford as #1. IF he is there take him

If he is still there at #9 then why do you think he dropped down to us? Likely red-flag is his twice injured left shoulder despite having a huge OL in front of him. The Bills OL (particularly after they spend their firat on a QB) is not gonna be very good).

Drafting Bradford sounds pretty much like the hail Marys we kept throwing at QB for the next Jim Kelly. It would seem even if we get lucky and he survives the pummeling he likly would get here that at best a Bradford choice condemns us to another couple of seasons without the playoffs and at worse 5 years until his contract ends or he gets run out of town by the immature Bills media and a small but loud group of fans with QB on their mind all the time.