Whitner rumored to be traded to Redskins

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

"I'm a Donte fan. He is a very good tackler and an exceptional athlete. He was a top draft pick in 2006 and I think he has fallen short of expectations. He is very smart and does a lot of thinking on the field. I am unsure if his disappointing INT production is his fault or the system's. One thing I am sure of: he can hit."

LOL, He is a good tackler nothing great nor very good. INT yea his falut if a rookie can come in at S and get 9 picks then yea it's your falut. He can hit what? the bench? I'd say so with Wilson and Bryd on the team.

I say pull the trigger if we can get a third round pick out of it.

If The Bills got a 3rd for Lil' Donte it would be like highway robbery!!! I'd take that in a heartbeat.

I think when it's all said and done The Bills are going to want both Wilson and Scott back. Even with new Contracts I'm not sure combining Scott and Wilson will add up to Donte's Salary...That's just a guess... <_<

I say pull the trigger if we can get a third round pick out of it.

I was thinkin the same, If the offer is right I say dump him, he's not a premiere player, and we already have wilson to step into the SS spot. At this point we need to accumulate picks and build from the ground up, if donte fetches a 3rd or better, I would def. trade him, esp out of conference.

Skins don't need a SS. They need a cover FS, they get killed as Landry cannot cover and is best suited for SS. Adding Whitner does not help them.

And anyone who knows enough about the Redskins to know that also knows enough about the Redskins to know that logic doesn't even remotely enter into the Redskins' decision cycle.

With Byrd Scott (hopefully) and Wilson we have great safeties. But Whitner can play nickle, and be a valuable backup. We are deep at corner too. But unless its a high pick its just not worth it. He is more valuable as a player on this team than a 4th round pick. Maybe even a third. I mean really, Whitner or Youboty/Ellis. Just cause we get a pick for him doesnt mean we solve a problem - more than likely we create one by letting him go.

With Byrd Scott (hopefully) and Wilson we have great safeties. But Whitner can play nickle, and be a valuable backup. We are deep at corner too. But unless its a high pick its just not worth it. He is more valuable as a player on this team than a 4th round pick. Maybe even a third. I mean really, Whitner or Youboty/Ellis. Just cause we get a pick for him doesnt mean we solve a problem - more than likely we create one by letting him go.

Bear in mind that Whitner's contract is almost over, and he'd probably prefer to sign with a team where he'd be a starter, instead of a backup like he is with the Bills. If he was locked up for the rest of his career, a third round pick would seem about the right price for trading him away. Given his contract status, I'd trade him for a fourth round pick. I agree that trading him away would create a hole at backup safety, and that the Bills would probably have to address that position as early as round 4. But if they don't trade him, he'll probably leave in free agency after his contract is over, thereby creating that hole anyway.

I always made excuses for Donte and thought he would have a much better season this year with the move to FS. I always envisioned him as a young Brian Dawkins. I can't really find myself putting any faith in this guy from here out. Aside from him being injured every year, the guy just doesn't make plays. Byrd steps on the field as a rookie and nets 9 INT's. Donte also has been know to take bad angles on running plays, fairly often, and I don't really see him being in the plans as a NB with McKelvin coming back, McGee, and Florence on the roster. I say take the 3rd if we can get it as we could surely find a backup S in FA.