Colts Greeted by 11 Fans at Airport

Rico

Hey Just Jack, there were over 10000 people along the airport route. Your article was referencing the practice facility about 2 miles from the airport. Today is the parade and it will be outa control!

Indy's not a football town; even the year that they won the Super Bowl, their parade attendance was poor.

There were probably 10,000 people at the Buffalo Airport when TO came to town... :w00t:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope we never get that jaded. Indy fans are spoiled after 1 SB win?? I have to listen to asshat Pats* fans talk about what a huge disappointment this season was. Only 11 wins. Lost in the playoffs. Blah blah blah. I tell them my team has not been to the playoffs for 10 years and they say "well we're spoiled." If there is a god, the Patriots* would go into a 25+ year playoff drought just to teach those arrogant sonsabitches a lesson.

PTR

+1

What a bunch of sore losers.

After SB 25 a huge crowd showed up in Buffalo and even cheered Norwood. Buffalo is the best NFL city bar-none!!!

:w00t::thumbsup::lol:

Yeah, like a ton of people showed up to greet the Bills after their blowout losses to the Cowboys in 1993 and 1994. Heck, the Bills didn't even sell out the comeback game against Houston. Fans get jaded pretty quickly.

This is a surprise for me. I went to the AFCCG against the jets and they had AMAZING fans. Probably the best fans I've ever been around. Knowledgeable, polite, etc. That city takes enormous pride in the Colts, I wouldn't be fooled by that article.

That said, that is kind of sad. ****, most of us would be bursting at the seams if the Bills could post a 9 win season...

You are talking about wrong fans. Most of the Bill bashers would be complaining about every play and not enough points scored in a blowout win in Superbowl.

Indy is a decent football town, not great. The parade and pep rally in 2007 after the Colts' Super Bowl win was NOT poorly attended. Anyway, they sure love the team now, seeing how they are contenders year after year. And the team won't leave the city, not with the brand new beautiful stadium set to host this year's Final Four, the 2012 Super Bowl and other major events.

I root for the Colts as my #2 team, but I remind all the people who call the Colts their #1 team that these are the good days. Enjoy every second of it, even if you come up short in a disappointing Super Bowl loss. Because there will come a time, in the not too distant future, where your future Hall of Famers and current Pro Bowlers will get past their prime and then retire. Then come the 4-12, 8-8 seasons...and you'll look back on these days and wonder if it will ever be nearly as good as it is right now.

Its just human nature to get greedy and not understand where you could be. Success spoils people and if Indy can't realize a team that wins 12 games a year and has went to 2 Super Bowls with a victory isn't to be celebrated with every success they have (They won the AFC and their Division and they went to the Super Bowl its not like they lost in round 1 or something) then Indy is really missing out on appreciating the back end of a near dynastic run.

Then you've never seen a real parade. My sister was there for that parade, and I remember seeing pictures and reading about it; for a metro area the size of Indy, it wasn't a great turnout--about 40,000. But maybe I'm just comparing it to Pittsburgh, where I live. The Steelers parade in downtown Pittsburgh in 2006--which is a tighter downtown with a smaller metro area-- had 250,000 people.

Which proves again that Pittsburgh is the best football town in the country.

Which proves again that Pittsburgh is the best football town in the country.

True.

I will say this about Indy football fans--they're probably some of the most respectful and "family-oriented" ones in the NFL. I'm sure you get some of the drunken brawls there, but probably nothing compared to most franchises; seems like the games there are more family friendly.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20100208/SPORTS03/2090305/

I predict the Bills will still be in Buffalo after P-Gump retires and the Colts leave Indy. :beer:

Seems like the bandwagon is getting lighter. If the Bills or Sabres ever win a championship, I'm driving back for the party no matter where I am! It would be truly epic.

I hope we never get that jaded. Indy fans are spoiled after 1 SB win?? I have to listen to asshat Pats* fans talk about what a huge disappointment this season was. Only 11 wins. Lost in the playoffs. Blah blah blah. I tell them my team has not been to the playoffs for 10 years and they say "well we're spoiled." If there is a god, the Patriots* would go into a 25+ year playoff drought just to teach those arrogant sonsabitches a lesson.

PTR

All the Patriots fans would just jump on the back of the passing wagon of the current winning team just like they did nine years ago....

i heard yesterday that peyton mannings playoff record is 9-9, the only QB with that many or more starts with a worse record is Dan Marino at 8-10....and they were also blasting polian saying that he has built a team with more wins than any other team in any decade span and has only one SB win to show for it.....

I'm actually very sorry to hear that. What Polian and Manning have built in Indy should be celebrated regardless of the result.

I'm guessing you were listening to Colin Cowherd this morning.

By the way, he thinks everyone in this thread (except plenzmd1) is a big loser.

I was not, although based on this board I am one of the few who likes him. Maybe its because he and I view things similiar it sounds like??