Post your ideas for next year's Super Bowl halftime show

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it hysterical that people have a problem with The Who because they're fossils and no longer relevant. Yet, if you dare blast the absurdly outdated "Shout" the Bills geezers go nuts!

Been to a Green Day show lately? "Shout" has been on their set list for years, maybe they think it's just a good,rowdy rock and roll song. What about Green Day for the SB show? They could perform "American Idiot" and dedicate it to Jerry Jones, Dan Snyder and Roger Goodell

Let me say I thought the Who were quite good...considering they are pushing 70! :thumbsup: My wife who grew up a huge Who fan was aghast at how old Daltrey and Townshend looked. And frankly Daltrey had to tone it down just to keep his voice from giving out.

It made me think about why the NFL keeps dredging up these fossil bands? I mean the median age of a Who fan is probably 55. The median age of an NFL fan is much younger. So where does the NFL go next year? What 60's rock bands are left? Any other ideas from other decades?

If I were to predict I think the NFL will chose a country artist for SBXLV.

PTR

U2 would work, but it would take a boatload of cash . . .

Let me say I thought the Who were quite good...considering they are pushing 70! :thumbsup: My wife who grew up a huge Who fan was aghast at how old Daltrey and Townshend looked. And frankly Daltrey had to tone it down just to keep his voice from giving out.

It made me think about why the NFL keeps dredging up these fossil bands? I mean the median age of a Who fan is probably 55. The median age of an NFL fan is much younger. So where does the NFL go next year? What 60's rock bands are left? Any other ideas from other decades?

PTR

Of course there's always Gary "U.S." Bonds . . . :cry:

That was the biggest disappointment..how "tame" the drummer was.

I agree totally. I mean he didn't have to cop Moon, but his bombastic style was such a big part of that era of the Who's sound. To not do that on "Who Are You" seemed out of place. This may sound contradictory, but I also found that when it got the big moment of the drum solo on "Who Are You", he copped the exact Moon licks note for note. I was hoping to see what he could do. But really, the drums were too low in the mix on my TV. But knowing who his father is, it totally makes sense.

Music trivia quiz: Who is the current Who drummer's father?

My first thought, based on their popularity and the fact that i bet they want to change it up and go more modern would be The Black Eyed Peas

I think as someone mentioned Bon Jovi would be a poplular choice

One other possibility would be a country theme......Tim McGraw/Kenny

Chesney/ Toby Keith/Keith Urban

Better add Willie Nelson to the mix if it is country.

Changed my mind again... how bout:

Unelected NYS Governor David Paterson doing some more stand-up lies, surrounded by prostitutes and Hometown Harlem street garbage, with a special appearance by Client #9 himself, Eliot Spitzer, as 'The Supper Bowel Jester', throwing out condoms & business cards to all the kids.

Let me say I thought the Who were quite good...considering they are pushing 70! :w00t: My wife who grew up a huge Who fan was aghast at how old Daltrey and Townshend looked. And frankly Daltrey had to tone it down just to keep his voice from giving out.

PTR

I say get the Retirement Home quartet to sing at halftime, oh wait they did that this year!