What should we do witih Lynch?

What should we do with Lynch?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do with Lynch?

• Keep him
    • Trade him for the right price
    • Get ride of him, I don't care how

I say keep him. In a league where you need two quality RB's, we have that. No need to create another hole.

Let him earn the starting role back for a year and then cut him if he can't. For a 1st rounder he better. I love Fred Jackson to death, but the guy isn't the future (29 years old) and Lynch is.

It seems like somef people are calling for the removal of Lynch from this team. I personally want to see him stay and possibly return to form. Would like to know what the general consensus on this forum is...

Why cut him and create another weak position to have to fill. The Bills have constantly retool positions that did not need it (consider the safety position with Leonard, Simpson, Witner, Wilson, etc and we still draft Bryd)

Lets keep our strengths and work on real weakness

ok, call me crazy or whatever, but I think that a good trade involving Lynch is a straight up trade with SD for Merriman, contingent on a sign and trade. They both have issues, so thats a wash, merriman has 1 yr left, so he would have to extend to make this work, but both are highly talented, SD needs a RB if LT is gone, b/c sproles isnt a 3 down player, lynch can fill that role, we need a guy like merriman who still has a lot left in the tank, plus he can help teach maybin the role of OLB. I honestly think this is an even trade, and one that could realistically happen.

just a thought

I voted trade him at the right price but it would have to be a scenario something like: a RB fell to the 3rd or 4th round that we just couldn't believe was still there and we then trade him for a 2nd rounder next year. Unless something like that materializes you just gotta keep the thugassed gangsta no vision whatsoever punk B word on the team for now. The trade straight up for Merriman would be cool too. Oh, here comes the "guy ain't the same without the juice" remarks. Like if he was takin it he wouldn't be doing it again by now. He's going through the year back from a knee injury off year by the way.

Off the field issues aside, I don't understand all the hate for Marshawn. He's a good, tough, physical back. It just so happens that Fred Jackson is good too. Keep em both. If Lynch gets traded were going to regret it big time. This guy has probowl talent. Again, this guy has probowl talent.

Off the field issues aside, I don't understand all the hate for Marshawn. He's a good, tough, physical back. It just so happens that Fred Jackson is good too. Keep em both. If Lynch gets traded were going to regret it big time. This guy has probowl talent. Again, this guy has probowl talent.

I agree he is a valuable asset on the field, but my gut is telling me it is only a matter of time before the league doesn't let him on the field for an entire season, and when that happens he won't help us much then.

I agree he is a valuable asset on the field, but my gut is telling me it is only a matter of time before the league doesn't let him on the field for an entire season, and when that happens he won't help us much then.

Good thing your 'gut' isn't the GM...

ok, call me crazy or whatever, but I think that a good trade involving Lynch is a straight up trade with SD for Merriman, contingent on a sign and trade. They both have issues, so thats a wash, merriman has 1 yr left, so he would have to extend to make this work, but both are highly talented, SD needs a RB if LT is gone, b/c sproles isnt a 3 down player, lynch can fill that role, we need a guy like merriman who still has a lot left in the tank, plus he can help teach maybin the role of OLB. I honestly think this is an even trade, and one that could realistically happen.

just a thought

I like it :unsure:

I voted to trade lynch for the right price because IMO rb is the easiest position to fill in the NFL and we already got freddy. Gettin a high quality player at another position is much more important.

And when you really think about it a rb is only as good as his Oline. Check out the olines of all the best runnin backs this year if ya dont believe it. Therefore trade Lynch for a good o lineman!

It seems like somef people are calling for the removal of Lynch from this team. I personally want to see him stay and possibly return to form. Would like to know what the general consensus on this forum is...

Let him go to New England so he can haunt us two times a year. Lynch is good and should stay, we aren't going to get much for him and we will wind up regretting letting him go.

I know it might seem a stretch due to the success the Panthers have had running, but this question seems to me a comparable one with: 'What do we do with Jonathan Stewart if we already have De Angello W" some peole is just crazy!!

It seems Lynch has other things on his mind than playing football. They seem to be things not conducive to playing football. If there is a good amount of perceived value around the league then trade him. As stated, good running backs can be found and are found all the time (see: Fred Jackson).

It's the offensive line that needs to be fixed. It's been an "eh" run blocking line and a horrendous pass blocking line. Levitre and Wood improved the run blocking so hopefully they continue to improve and we find a solid piece elsewhere. There's a certain minimum level of talent in the NFL and if you have a good O line then even a mediocre RB will suffice.

at this point, strictly from a talent / salary angle, lynch represents significant value. i think he might regain more playing time in chan gailey's power running game. every club needs to quality RB's. no one is untouchable in a trade, but i certainly would NOT get rid of him for peanuts because he is a schmuck off the field.

Did you write it twice in an effort to convince yourself? Dave Garrard has "probowl talent", too.

Look, you saw Lynch play this year---he was uninjured and outplayed by Jackson behind the same line.

I reluctantly say keep him.

We have way too many needs to be chasing another RB. I suppose we can get lucky and find on in the mid to late rounds but you cannot count on that.

Freddie is getting some age and miles and we need two starting caliber running backs.

I reluctantly say keep him.

We have way too many needs to be chasing another RB. I suppose we can get lucky and find on in the mid to late rounds but you cannot count on that.

Freddie is getting some age and miles and we need two starting caliber running backs.

Couldn't agree more! I also wonder if "Fast Freddy" is durable enough to be a featured back. Maybe with a real offense under Galley they could both flourish.

Tough call.

I don't know what the market value would be for Lynch.

And if he had high value as a player, would a team invest in a RB to make a trade for, when free agency and the draft seem to be back-rich?

Not to mention the fact that most successful teams- besides having a franchise QB- also have a solid stable of running backs.

It would be tough to trade him based on his age, ability, and upside (he's still only 23).

On the other hand, if his idiot antics don't stop, he is expendable and I would get the most value I could for him.

I think on a scale of one to five with 5 being the player I would most want to move Lynch is a 4. I would not feel compelled to trade him but you have to admit he is a high risk player. His next indiscretion could be his last for a while.

If there were another player at a position of need I would deal him. Of course then the Bills would need another running back soon becase you always need two and our strarter is 30 years old.