Bruce DeHaven is back in town

Lori

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just a PR move, to sell season tickets. Next thing you know, they'll be re-signing Chuck Dickerson to coach the DL.

I appreciate your cynicism, I really do, because normally I am pretty cynical about the Bills, but, I think you are a little off on this one. DeHaven is proven, successful, and is likely the best special teams coach available out there. I don't think this a desperate a move to conjur up images of the "glory days" for the Bills faithful, just a great coaching hire. It just so happens that the guy was with the organization during its' finest hours in the last 40 years, and his units played a big role in that.

Now, in keeping with a theme, now I hope he can find another Steve Tasker :D

I agree.

And can't figure out why he would even consider coming back. :D

Strength of character would be my guess. I think its a good move because he might be more intense because that memory does not leave you.

I appreciate your cynicism, I really do, because normally I am pretty cynical about the Bills, but, I think you are a little off on this one. DeHaven is proven, successful, and is likely the best special teams coach available out there. I don't think this a desperate a move to conjur up images of the "glory days" for the Bills faithful, just a great coaching hire. It just so happens that the guy was with the organization during its' finest hours in the last 40 years, and his units played a big role in that.

Wendling

It's just a PR move, to sell season tickets. Next thing you know, they'll be re-signing Chuck Dickerson to coach the DL.

Nah, if they're serious about selling tickets, there's only one coach that can help that, and it's Chuck Lester!

i think dehaven is actually better than april.it seem like lots on here must be too young to remember dehaven, but he was the best. i see a lotta love for april, but for my money, dehaven all the way.

Indeed. Although I will give April lots of props, the role in Buffalo of Special Teams ace relly does belong to DeHaven.

Welcome back.

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/sports/bills_and_n...back-to-Buffalo

Good coach who took the fall for a braincramp by a player, far as I'm concerned.

This is good news. Thanks for posting. When April left DeHaven was the first person I thought about as a replacement. Bruce always had good STs. April however, was so good that at first he reminded me of Bruce. Perhaps the reason so many really liked April is that he was the one bright spot on this decade of failure. When Bruce was here - he was not the one shining star. We had a pretty good D - and further back we actually had a damned good O to go with it.

Welcome back Bruce DeHaven!

That PARTICULAR cynicism was intentionally over-the-top - hiring back DeHaven is obviously not a ticket-selling move.

And honestly...I've got nothing against him, I don't mind him being back. But I am honestly a bit surprised he'd agree to it, and to be perfectly blunt can't help wondering if maybe he's a little...well...old, frankly, for the game at this point. But maybe not...not even an opinion, just a thought.

Nice, old SI article I just found about him and the MCM.

And can't figure out why he would even consider coming back. :D

1. No opening in Washington, Philadelphia or New York so he could have his team beat Wade's team twice a year

2. He did not know you were still hanging around Bills fandom

3. He has not been listening to Buffalo or national press