Beerball

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We spend so much time on autopilot; we let time go by, uncelebrate​d. We let 9 years go by since we've seen a brother, 14 years since we've seen a niece or a goddaughter. We assume they will just be there. Now I can't claim that I've had a big epiphany or anything (haha Jodie and JRowe). I am all too human and very unperfect. But I will do my best to remember what matters most in life. I will appreciate more and complain less.

Life is precious and fragile. Every single day is a gift and far too many people take the basics for granted without realizing what is truly important.

hey, beer and mrs. beer:

i hope all is well, and where do i send the bottle for when he's back on his feet?

jw

Wanna bet it will be empty with an oneliner scribbled on a piece of rolled up paper signed with 2 letters?

Probably anti-fungal compounds... an almost inevitable result of zapping those bacteria bugs with antibiotics, is that the natural fungi get a nice field to play in. :(

Cepacol is a good idea - it's a mild benzocaine prep that soothes. <_<

Go for the good old classic chloroform! :beer:

I really like Mrs. Beerball's sense of humor and writing style. Maybe she should join us here on the "wall" more often. :worthy:

Bet we'd have to endure a lot of Mac OsX, iPod, iPhone, iPad crap though... :wallbash:

Now we know where Beerball gets his material......Can we engineer a trade?

Maybe the Eagles will have him? :beer:

The latest post from Mrs. Deerball,

You know you've been in the hospital too long when:

1. You know at least 30 doctors and nurses by name when you see them in the hall

2. You make a quick trip out to get something and when you say "we need to get home" you mean back to the hospital

3. You know where the ICU nurses keep their stash of spoons

4. The guard at the desk doesn't even look up from his magazine when you breeze by

5. You know what Starbucks drink everyone on the care team likes

<_<

Another update:

Good news-bad news

There is some concern about John and an "automimmune response". I don't know what this means and the doctor I need to talk to (Matrix guy) hasn't shown up yet.

Something happened to make John really happy. Brandon brought him some Rudy's barbeque for dinner. He was extremely pleased to eat this instead of the hospital meatloaf. Thanks, Brandon. Tell the JCP team thanks for the nice basket and balloons, too.

I kept Kat home from school today. She was emotionally worn out and needed some time with her mommy. While we were running a quick errand, she told me about a boy she knows who is bugging her. "Boys are weird, he probably likes you," I said. "He needs to try a new strategy," she deadpanned. Kid cracks me up.

Matrix guy better show up or I'm gonna hunt him down like a dog.

Latest update from Mrs. Beerball:

Thursday, February 4, 2010 12:47 PM, CST

I didn't find Matrix guy, but the attending physician told me that there was absolutely nothing to worry about. I grilled him and he had no idea what autoimmune response she could've been talking about. Gah....all the nurses have been great up to this point. I really think she could've kept her bad information to herself.

We saw the ear, nose, and throat doctor this morning. Doctor Lee says based on what he sees, no surgery will be necessary. Tubes, maybe. Steroids to treat meningitis-related nerve damage, maybe. Hearing aid, probably. Huh, now he won't have any reason to claim he didn't hear me.

There is a *rumor* that he might go home this weekend with the IV still in for antibiotics and home nursing care to help manage it.

Philip will be home this weekend with the lovely Megan and little Jasper kitty. Yeah!

Took lunch to the girls at school this afternoon. Thanks to Christie and my MRE/MRI teacher buddies for the moolah and the gift cards. Jason's Deli tasted great.

Notes:

*His mouth is still sore and eating is tough

*I checked the mail for the first time in a few days and there were like 30 cards! Thank you all so much.

*He showered and shaved yesterday so he's lookin' good. Wahwahwah as Chachi would say.

Newest Info from the Mrs.

I didn't find Matrix guy, but the attending physician told me that there was absolutely nothing to worry about. I grilled him and he had no idea what autoimmune response she could've been talking about. Gah....all the nurses have been great up to this point. I really think she could've kept her bad information to herself.

We saw the ear, nose, and throat doctor this morning. Doctor Lee says based on what he sees, no surgery will be necessary. Tubes, maybe. Steroids to treat meningitis-related nerve damage, maybe. Hearing aid, probably. Huh, now he won't have any reason to claim he didn't hear me.

There is a *rumor* that he might go home this weekend with the IV still in for antibiotics and home nursing care to help manage it.

Philip will be home this weekend with the lovely Megan and little Jasper kitty. Yeah!

Took lunch to the girls at school this afternoon. Thanks to Christie and my MRE/MRI teacher buddies for the moolah and the gift cards. Jason's Deli tasted great.

Notes:

*His mouth is still sore and eating is tough

*I checked the mail for the first time in a few days and there were like 30 cards! Thank you all so much.

*He showered and shaved yesterday so he's lookin' good. Wahwahwah as Chachi would say.