Beerball

It's funny because I have always mocked the obscure boundary with which "real life" and the "online world" are separated. We all watch the Bills, post our thoughts, mock trolls (while occasionally taking the bait when emotion or boredom dilute our senses) and then go on about our lives. We all have our Monikers that are as close to an alter ego as it gets, and we interact with other monikers who are doing the same thing, almost ignoring the real person that pilots the keyboard. Then the real world has the audacity to invade our cyber community, melting away the aliases and uncloaking us all as to who we really are.

I've never met John, I've never had the fortune to have a real conversation with him, I could pass him on the street and have no sense that Beerball and I just crossed paths. But at moments like this, our world is put into focus. I find myself checking this thread constantly for updates on a man I don't know personally, but whose absence would create a discernible void for all of us.

I guess that's just a long winded way of saying John, you are in my prayers, fight hard, be strong, and god bless.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny because I have always mocked the obscure boundary with which "real life" and the "online world" are separated. We all watch the Bills, post our thoughts, mock trolls (while occasionally taking the bait when emotion or boredom dilute our senses) and then go on about our lives. We all have our Monikers that are as close to an alter ego as it gets, and we interact with other monikers who are doing the same thing, almost ignoring the real person that pilots the keyboard. Then the real world has the audacity to invade our cyber community, melting away the aliases and uncloaking us all as to who we really are.

I've never met John, I've never had the fortune to have a real conversation with him, I could pass him on the street and have no sense that Beerball and I just crossed paths. But at moments like this, our world is put into focus. I find myself checking this thread constantly for updates on a man I don't know personally, but whose absence would create a discernible void for all of us.

I guess that's just a long winded way of saying John, you are in my prayers, fight hard, be strong, and god bless.

Well said.

Thanks AussieW .... best news of the day. Let's hope his progress continues.

I agree too!! Sure wish I would have known sooner, I will add him to my prayer list

ASAP!!! Beerball follow those Doctors orders and get well. Draft day for those

new ""baby"" Bills is less than THREE MONTHS!!!

Hey big guy, I feel bad that it's taken me almost two days to muster up something to say; I've never been good at expressing my thoughts on paper. Since we share the same BD's, I know you wont go down without putting up a good fight, that's just how we Capricorns roll.

You just conquered the big five-o by kicking 51 in the ass.

So get well fast I said!!!

-Chuck

Jesus Christ, man...I just saw your entry in his guestbook. Have you ever heard of "brevity"? :beer::lol:

She's reading them to hm and the jokes will lift his spirits. I'm actually helping with his treatment. :P

That's a rhetorical question, right?

:angry:

BTW, I must say Deerball's use of the angry emoticon is superb. :thumbsup:

5 Wide - Great Post. Glad to hear Beerball is improving. Mrs Beerball there is no doubt you have a great sense of humor. Stay strong. Prayers continue. - Bill

New post from Roberta, and encouraging news:

Saturday, January 30, 2010 7:57 AM, CST

He's waking up! As the sedation is dialed back,he's more and more alert. He looked right at me with awareness and two tears came out. Although it broke my heart, I was so gladgladgla​d

Keep fighting 'sphere!!!

New post from Roberta, and encouraging news:

Saturday, January 30, 2010 7:57 AM, CST

He's waking up! As the sedation is dialed back,he's more and more alert. He looked right at me with awareness and two tears came out. Although it broke my heart, I was so gladgladgla​d

Keep fighting 'sphere!!!

:angry::beer:

. :thumbsup:

I'm more a lurker than a regular poster, but I always appreciate your input, Beerball. I'm thinking of you, worried for you and your family, and eager to hear more news of your recovery. If this turns out to be a trick to get everyone to buy you free beer next season, we'll all be very disapppointed :beer: