Bills and Rams interested in trading for Mcnabb

Agreed. Problem is, Philly realizes their best shot at success comes with the kid. They realize DMs best days are behind him.

If DM can't be their savior, he certainly can't be ours. Otherwise, why would they dangle him?

Because they have a legitimate alternative at QB whereas the Bills don't. I wouldn't mind McNabb but the Bills better not overpay for his services. This franchise can't afford to be giving up too many draft picks.

Also, your post makes it seem like QBs who move to other teams will have no success. I mean, why did their teams let them go if they still have good years? Except Kurt Warner, Brett Favre & Drew Brees all say otherwise...

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously the core of your team is built through the draft. But if the Bills could get McNabb for say Whitner and a 2nd rd. pick...I think it would be insane not to do it...

By the way, I don't like Sam Bradford as our first round pick because his name rhyme with Trent Edwards. Bad memory. :thumbsup:

I just heard it on the radio 40 minutes ago on my way home. Lee Hamilton said Bills and Rams offcials have held secret meetings with Eagles officials in Mobile Alabama and have interest in trading for Mcnabb. Take it for what its worth but the last time Lee reported Bills news about Jim Bates interviewing for the DC job he ended up being correct. I hope this is true.

Where is the tracking flights guy. I need some info on how many planes are flying from Buffalo to detroit to Alabama and Philadelphia. This information is crucial!!!!!

Well I'm assuming u are referring to a QB? Anyways, u must know exactly whom each team will be selecting with their picks, and know who will or will not trade up in the draft which I don't know at this point. I don't know which QB's will be available but I do know that their are at least 4 that I have some hope for as turning into a real good QB. We could also move up to snatch up a QB however unlikely that may be! Sure, there is a good chance Clausen and Bradford may be gone, but nobody knows that for certain! I've seen QB's sweating it out on t.v. during the draft who were projected to go much higher only to be passed on much later than expected. I believe that was the case with Matt Leinhart? If the QB's the Bills want are not available in the first and they determine that the next best QB should be a second round pick so be it! Then pick your left OT at the #9 spot...I'm okay with that and either move up to a late 1st round or early second round to get your QB ! Drafting is a fluid situation that requires flexability if your "Player" is gone! Hopefully, there will be someone around that we like in the 1st round for QB! But, even the NFL War rooms and scouts don't know for sure who will be there or not except for maybe your first 3 or 4 picks maybe! So congratulations! on knowing more than everybody else! :thumbsup:

McNabb would do the same here as any other QB that played behind our offensive line. What would be entertaining to me is pulling people out of the stands and let the opposing pass rush use them as tackling dummies

I just heard it on the radio 40 minutes ago on my way home. Lee Hamilton said Bills and Rams offcials have held secret meetings with Eagles officials in Mobile Alabama and have interest in trading for Mcnabb. Take it for what its worth but the last time Lee reported Bills news about Jim Bates interviewing for the DC job he ended up being correct. I hope this is true.

I like the idea of trading for an established QB better than burning a high draft pick on a question mark. We have too many other holes to fill right now and need to shore up our O/D Lines through the draft. Would this be a plus or minus for TO or should I just write him off as gone either way?

Because they have a legitimate alternative at QB whereas the Bills don't. I wouldn't mind McNabb but the Bills better not overpay for his services. This franchise can't afford to be giving up too many draft picks.

Also, your post makes it seem like QBs who move to other teams will have no success. I mean, why did their teams let them go if they still have good years? Except Kurt Warner, Brett Favre & Drew Brees all say otherwise...

All 3 QBs you mentioned are, IMO, considerably better than McNabb.

If you believe (not saying you do, MDH) that DM has anywhere between 3-5 "good" years remaining, and Philly is in "win now" mode, why not stay the course with DM?

I understand Philly's philosophy of jettison the good player a year early than a year late, but don't you think they have gone as far with him as they could?

You don't bring in McNabb to save the franchise and be the long term solution. You bring in McNabb because he's an unquestioned starter and leader of the offense for the next couple of years. All the while, allowing a young Brohm or draft pick develop properly. That guy would be the long term solution. This is the primary point that a number of posters here are failing to recognize.

Bring in Kolb, Vick, Smith, or any other backup/unproven QB and you still have a huge question mark at QB. Yeah, Troy Smith might be good; be we really don't know. No one does.

IMO, the quickest way to turn around the offense would be to bring a proven winner and known leader, like McNabb. Draft the best LT you can get. Immediately, the offense improves. In a couple of years, the young draft picks on the OL (Levitre, Wood, '10 LT draftpick) have matured. Likewise, the young QB (Brohm or '10 draft pick) has matured and he's ready to step in and continue improving. This model has been used succesfully by a number of teams over the years and is, by far, the safest way to remain relevant and have long term offensive success.

Bring in a draftpick QB or complete unknown (Smith, Kolb) next year, and you may get lucky, but the odds are much more likely the QB will fail behind a still young and inexperienced line. This is what the Bills have been trying and it's just not working.

So, I'd be all for McNabb provided, of course, that the cost is appropriate.