If JaMarcus Russell were to become available via trade,

Tipster19

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Physically/athletically I think that the guy has some special gifts, especially that Gailey is suppose to excel in developing young QBs but attitude wise Russell is another story. Him being rumored as an underacheiver with a indifferent work ethic sure takes away a lot of his redeeming athletic qualities. Big time QBs are hard to find and I'm wondering if the positives outweigh the negatives and if he can be motivated enough to progress in his young career.

This is a Bills Fan site. Not the Raiders trash room . NO WAY IN HELL!!!!!!! :beer:

I would take JR in a second for a first and third rounder. But I doubt the Raiders would offer the Bills that much to take him off their hands.

If he gets cut and the Bills can sign him reasonably with a lot of incentives in the contract I'd do it. Part of the contract could be a roster bonus if he makes the 53 man squad.

Physically/athletically I think that the guy has some special gifts, especially that Gailey is suppose to excel in developing young QBs but attitude wise Russell is another story. Him being rumored as an underacheiver with a indifferent work ethic sure takes away a lot of his redeeming athletic qualities. Big time QBs are hard to find and I'm wondering if the positives outweigh the negatives and if he can be motivated enough to progress in his young career.

HAHAha..worse QB than RJ was with TB.

What the Hell does that mean?????? Shining example are you serious..........................Jamarcus Russell problem is that he has no O-line , no Defense , no running game ..........Something that Sanchez has .......isnt it funny when you have a number 1 running attack and number 1 defense you look a whole lot better .even.with the same numbers.................Sanchez numbers is equal to Russell first year did you know that? This is a shining example that someone like Chan Gailey can get two shots at Head Coaching without deserving it, as oppose to Leslie Frazier who won everywhere Gets zero chances because he doesnt fit the "Good Ole boy" look................. You still dont know what I mean? Lets ask "good ole boy" Buddy Nix he has been on this earth 70yrs I am sure he was looking to be GM when they interviewed absolutely no one. How about "Good ole Boy" Overdorf /littman he has been with Bills screwing up contracts for 10 plus years Did you know he gave "Good ole boy" Jauron his extension now why not the furor to get rid of Overdorfer or Littman .................no reason I guess.........Jarmarcus Russell is the shining example why people on this board have preconceived views not based on facts but color of someone skin :beer: ...................with all that being said although he is better than all of the past QB's we had for the last 6-8 years, I wouldn't take him,Campbell,or Mcnabb..........terrible as this might seams right now I would not waste draft picks this year on QB's,there are too many good defensive players this year . We finally have competant people in judging talent I dont want to mess this immediate help with drafting a supposed "can't miss" guess on QB. We will finally get a very srong Defense and strong O-line this year, during that time Michael Vick (sorry dog lovers ) should be at the helm. Only he will put pressure on opposing Defenses . Why Mick Vick you ask? Arm and The fear he puts in defenses, We will have a player(like him or not) That has to be game planned for him.When our O-line fails us he can still(by himself) MAKE THE DEFENSE PAY. So when YOU people pull off those rose color blinders you will understand that he will be the 1st playmaker that we would have had since Bledsoe,Spikes,Molloy. Sorry for the Rant :blink::nana: I'M SORRY "GOOD OLE BOYS" BUT THIS TIME WE WILL FILL THIS ROSTER WITH PLAYMAKERS FOR ONCE............not the kelsays,shoebels,cortos,jenkins,ellisons,brad butlers,wendlings,dustin foxes of the past. Brandon,Littman,overdorf is now on notice your SCAPEGOATS IS GONE ....WE WILL BE WATCHING FOR ANY MARKETING GIMMICKS(LIKE LOOKING FOR A REAL HEAD COACH THAT YOU HAD NO INTENTION TO PAY) OR NOT PAYING FOR TOP COACHES( OVERDORF ,BRANDON LITTMAN). WE WILL GET TO SEE YOU FOR WHO YOU REALLY ARE ....RALPHS' YES MEN..................ENJOY IT WHY YOU CAN (RALPHS is 91,I hope he gave you guys a nice parachute) BECAUSE THE NEXT OWNERSHIP WILL DROP YOUR @#$ FASTER THAN YOU CAN SAY OVERDORF/littman SIGNS DOCKERY TO A 5YR 49 MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT OR brandon resign jauron for 3 more years for getting us to 7-9..........

your first 3 or 4 sentences are moronic.after that you make a good comeback with the rest of your post.

Russell's problems stem from lack of work ethic not race. He was blessed with a strong arm and never had to try at the high school or college level due to his superior size and strength. If you could get the guy to the film room he may have some potential, that being said, I don't want him.

Where exactly did race come into my post? I could give a crap if he is green...dude has a completion percentage of like 49% and a QB rating almost as low...another player who refuses to work hard and will be done as soon as the Raiders cut him because no team is gonna pick him up...

Losman was better than him(not by much, but still) and look what happened...

This thread proves there is no player too devoid of talent or ability that someone won't suggest we trade for. Like our players don't suck enough. We need to solidify our our reputation as the NFL's worst franchise by trading for every for every bust in the league? :beer: Ponderous.

PTR

What the Hell does that mean?????? Shining example are you serious..........................Jamarcus Russell problem is that he has no O-line , no Defense , no running game ..........Something that Sanchez has .......isnt it funny when you have a number 1 running attack and number 1 defense you look a whole lot better .even.with the same numbers.................Sanchez numbers is equal to Russell first year did you know that? This is a shining example that someone like Chan Gailey can get two shots at Head Coaching without deserving it, as oppose to Leslie Frazier who won everywhere Gets zero chances because he doesnt fit the "Good Ole boy" look................. You still dont know what I mean? Lets ask "good ole boy" Buddy Nix he has been on this earth 70yrs I am sure he was looking to be GM when they interviewed absolutely no one. How about "Good ole Boy" Overdorf /littman he has been with Bills screwing up contracts for 10 plus years Did you know he gave "Good ole boy" Jauron his extension now why not the furor to get rid of Overdorfer or Littman .................no reason I guess.........Jarmarcus Russell is the shining example why people on this board have preconceived views not based on facts but color of someone skin :beer: ...................with all that being said although he is better than all of the past QB's we had for the last 6-8 years, I wouldn't take him,Campbell,or Mcnabb..........terrible as this might seams right now I would not waste draft picks this year on QB's,there are too many good defensive players this year . We finally have competant people in judging talent I dont want to mess this immediate help with drafting a supposed "can't miss" guess on QB. We will finally get a very srong Defense and strong O-line this year, during that time Michael Vick (sorry dog lovers ) should be at the helm. Only he will put pressure on opposing Defenses . Why Mick Vick you ask? Arm and The fear he puts in defenses, We will have a player(like him or not) That has to be game planned for him.When our O-line fails us he can still(by himself) MAKE THE DEFENSE PAY. So when YOU people pull off those rose color blinders you will understand that he will be the 1st playmaker that we would have had since Bledsoe,Spikes,Molloy. Sorry for the Rant :blink::nana: I'M SORRY "GOOD OLE BOYS" BUT THIS TIME WE WILL FILL THIS ROSTER WITH PLAYMAKERS FOR ONCE............not the kelsays,shoebels,cortos,jenkins,ellisons,brad butlers,wendlings,dustin foxes of the past. Brandon,Littman,overdorf is now on notice your SCAPEGOATS IS GONE ....WE WILL BE WATCHING FOR ANY MARKETING GIMMICKS(LIKE LOOKING FOR A REAL HEAD COACH THAT YOU HAD NO INTENTION TO PAY) OR NOT PAYING FOR TOP COACHES( OVERDORF ,BRANDON LITTMAN). WE WILL GET TO SEE YOU FOR WHO YOU REALLY ARE ....RALPHS' YES MEN..................ENJOY IT WHY YOU CAN (RALPHS is 91,I hope he gave you guys a nice parachute) BECAUSE THE NEXT OWNERSHIP WILL DROP YOUR @#$ FASTER THAN YOU CAN SAY OVERDORF/littman SIGNS DOCKERY TO A 5YR 49 MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT OR brandon resign jauron for 3 more years for getting us to 7-9..........

Raiders' record with Russell = 3-9 (one W credited for a game in which he replaced an injured Gradkowski)

Raiders' record with Gradkowski = 3-1 (one game Oakland won after he got injured and Russell came in)

Raiders' record with Frye = 0-1

Jamarcus' stats this year: http://www.nfl.com/players/jamarcusrussell...gs?id=RUS539462

Jamarcus' career stats: http://www.nfl.com/players/jamarcusrussell...ts?id=RUS539462

Mark Sanchez's stats: http://www.nfl.com/players/marksanchez/car...ts?id=SAN091667 Better than Russell's first year.

Say whatever you want about the OL, but Oakland's defense is good. I also find it hard to heap it all on the OL considering how Gradkowski was able to do behind the same 5 guys. Cable even said if Gradkowski had been the guy from day 1 the season would've been alot different for Oakland and I too believe that.

Overall answer to the thought of bringing in Russell:

Absolutely horrific and we have fans who would consider trading for this guy who makes elite QB money, but has these stats? Russell shows no poise in the pocket. For a guy who's 6'6" and 280lbs he's the softest QB I've ever seen. He goes down when guys much smaller than him barely get a hand on him. Then, after he loses the last game of the year, he heads for Vegas and misses the team's final meeting of the season. Sounds like a guy we definitely want. :lol:

Sure, why not. The more the better. Bring in Russell and Vick. Draft Klausen in the first, Tebow in the second, and Lefevour in the third. Just find someoned we can build a team around instead of the revolving door we've had at the most important position for the past 15 years.

Would Buffalo, in any situation where JaMarcus Russell were available for trade, take that deal? Three words: NO NO NO!!!!! He is, perhaps, the worst starting QB in the league, bar none. Even if we could get rid our seven worst players, and Oakland was willing to eat Russell's salary and theirs for the remainder of their contracts, the only reason I'd take him is that after Edwards and Fitzpatrick are gone, we're going to need a third string QB in case our draft pick and Brohm get hurt.

He would make you love Trent Edwards.....and that is bad news.

In my house the Bills games take priority.....but after that its the raiders because my wife is a raiders fan.

That QB absolutely BLOWS.....

your first 3 or 4 sentences are moronic.after that you make a good comeback with the rest of your post.

:beer: NO I am very much on point............................J russell numbers and M.sanchez rookie numbers are the same .....one has a number 1 rated defense and running attack the other does not............For anyone to try to say that J Russell is a shining light as to why Black QB is thought of in a negative light is MORANIC and not without substance........ On the Good Ole Boy topic pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee You know as well as anyone Buddy Nix, Chan Gailey didnt deserve there new gigs nor was Brandon even qualified to make the search or did you listen to the RALPH PRESS CONFERENCE ON THE SO CALLED SEARCH and if they was of color No way in hell would they have gotten the GIG.....................So when you try to say Moronic you lose credibility in my book...... but Hay who gives a Damn what you think I wasn't writing it for you its just Food for Thought. What you need to think about is why we are running here looking for scapegoats. WHY is the person(overdorf/brandon) who paid for jauron to get a contract extention when he never won more than 7 games and still have a job or Why do we pay more for Low Quality Players than New England or Indy for Christ sake and he still has a job. For the past 7 years I watched a Proud Franchise become the joke of the NFL yet Brandon ,Littman,Overdorf have jobs why? Thats the Moronic thing you need to concern yourself with....................................moronic .................please...............there was no comeback to make :blink:

:beer: NO I am very much on point............................1. J russell numbers and M.sanchez rookie numbers are the same .....one has a number 1 rated defense and running attack the other does not............For anyone to try to say that J Russell is a shining light as to why Black QB is thought of in a negative light is 2. MORANIC and not without substance........ On the Good Ole Boy topic pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee You know as well as anyone Buddy Nix, Chan Gailey didnt deserve there new gigs nor was Brandon even qualified to make the search or did you listen to the RALPH PRESS CONFERENCE ON THE SO CALLED SEARCH and if they was of color No way in hell would they have gotten the GIG.....................So when you try to say Moronic you lose credibility in my book...... but Hay who gives a Damn what you think I wasn't writing it for you its just Food for Thought. What you need to think about is why we are running here looking for scapegoats. WHY is the person(overdorf/brandon) who paid for jauron to get a contract extention when he never won more than 7 games and still have a job or Why do we pay more for Low Quality Players than New England or Indy for Christ sake and he still has a job. For the past 7 years I watched a Proud Franchise become the joke of the NFL yet Brandon ,Littman,Overdorf have jobs why? Thats the Moronic thing you need to concern yourself with....................................moronic .................please...............there was no comeback to make :blink:

1. No they are not, look at the links I provided.

2. http://media.photobucket.com/image/moron/f...Redneck.jpg?o=9 LOL, had to do it. :nana:

1. No they are not, look at the links I provided.

2. http://media.photobucket.com/image/moron/f...Redneck.jpg?o=9 LOL, had to do it. :beer:

What are you talking about there rookie numbers are practically the same..with Russel on throwing 8int to sanchez 20int basically same yards ..russell more TDs you better check again.......cute REDNECK photobucket i see my cousin in one of the pics.LOL.......

What are you talking about there rookie numbers are practically the same..with Russel on throwing 8int to sanchez 20int basically same yards ..russell more TDs you better check again.......cute REDNECK photobucket i see my cousin in one of the pics.LOL.......

Jamarcus' first year is the 2007 line, in '08 better, in '09 :beer: : http://www.nfl.com/players/jamarcusrussell...ts?id=RUS539462

Mark Sanchez: http://www.nfl.com/players/marksanchez/gamelogs?id=SAN091667

Minus one horrific game versus the Bills, Sanchez has looked way better than Russell ever has as a starting QB.