If JaMarcus Russell were to become available via trade,

Tipster19

Physically/athletically I think that the guy has some special gifts, especially that Gailey is suppose to excel in developing young QBs but attitude wise Russell is another story. Him being rumored as an underacheiver with a indifferent work ethic sure takes away a lot of his redeeming athletic qualities. Big time QBs are hard to find and I'm wondering if the positives outweigh the negatives and if he can be motivated enough to progress in his young career.

no effen way- are you kidding!?!?! :beer::blink: :

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether you believe that or not, it's something you shouldn't repeat out loud. It comes off as racist and insensitive. Anyone with common sense would know that. Apparently you have none.

He shouldn't repeat his theory out loud because of how thin-skinned whiners might react? God forbid your delicate ears/eyes would be subjected to discussions of race!

Jamarcus Russell is a shining example of why many people STILL don't believe blacks can be good QB's.

:beer: man! The only thing Russell is an shining example of is that no matter how much god given talent you have, if you have a poor work ethic it will directly effect whether or not you will be successful in the NFL. Period.

:beer: man! The only thing Russell is an shining example of is that no matter how much god given talent you have, if you have a poor work ethic it will directly effect whether or not you will be successful in the NFL. Period.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Yes.

Rob Johnson is a white guy, no?

And last I looked, Warren Moon put paid to the blacks cannot qb theory, a long long time ago.

No rational person still believes that actually.

The large penis theory is still in play, though, based on the OJ pic.

He shouldn't repeat his theory out loud because of how thin-skinned whiners might react? God forbid your delicate ears/eyes would be subjected to discussions of race!

Wow, 15k posts and I thought you would be some n00b posting such utter crap like this. Thin-skinner whiners? LOL, yeah okay Rush.

Dude, read what zazie said above. Also consider what the idiot said in the first place, "blacks" cannot succeed at the QB position. What does race have to do with it unless you're hinting that they are not smart enough to play the position. Think about it, stupid.

Whether you believe that or not, it's something you shouldn't repeat out loud. It comes off as racist and insensitive. Anyone with common sense would know that. Apparently you have none.

No, I don't believe that theory at all, but a lot of people still question whether african americans can be consistently good, and Russell, is the guy that sets them back a decade.

Sorry if its something you dont want to hear but, newsflash, its true

Physically/athletically I think that the guy has some special gifts, especially that Gailey is suppose to excel in developing young QBs but attitude wise Russell is another story. Him being rumored as an underacheiver with a indifferent work ethic sure takes away a lot of his redeeming athletic qualities. Big time QBs are hard to find and I'm wondering if the positives outweigh the negatives and if he can be motivated enough to progress in his young career.

Russell will be the worst QB in the NFL for as long as he is in the NFL...which at this point is only as long as he does not get cut from the Raiders...

Russell will be the worst QB in the NFL for as long as he is in the NFL...which at this point is only as long as he does not get cut from the Raiders...

Russell's problems stem from lack of work ethic not race. He was blessed with a strong arm and never had to try at the high school or college level due to his superior size and strength. If you could get the guy to the film room he may have some potential, that being said, I don't want him.

Jamarcus Russell is a shining example of why many people STILL don't believe blacks can be good QB's.

What the Hell does that mean?????? Shining example are you serious..........................Jamarcus Russell problem is that he has no O-line , no Defense , no running game ..........Something that Sanchez has .......isnt it funny when you have a number 1 running attack and number 1 defense you look a whole lot better .even.with the same numbers.................Sanchez numbers is equal to Russell first year did you know that? This is a shining example that someone like Chan Gailey can get two shots at Head Coaching without deserving it, as oppose to Leslie Frazier who won everywhere Gets zero chances because he doesnt fit the "Good Ole boy" look................. You still dont know what I mean? Lets ask "good ole boy" Buddy Nix he has been on this earth 70yrs I am sure he was looking to be GM when they interviewed absolutely no one. How about "Good ole Boy" Overdorf /littman he has been with Bills screwing up contracts for 10 plus years Did you know he gave "Good ole boy" Jauron his extension now why not the furor to get rid of Overdorfer or Littman .................no reason I guess.........Jarmarcus Russell is the shining example why people on this board have preconceived views not based on facts but color of someone skin :beer: ...................with all that being said although he is better than all of the past QB's we had for the last 6-8 years, I wouldn't take him,Campbell,or Mcnabb..........terrible as this might seams right now I would not waste draft picks this year on QB's,there are too many good defensive players this year . We finally have competant people in judging talent I dont want to mess this immediate help with drafting a supposed "can't miss" guess on QB. We will finally get a very srong Defense and strong O-line this year, during that time Michael Vick (sorry dog lovers ) should be at the helm. Only he will put pressure on opposing Defenses . Why Mick Vick you ask? Arm and The fear he puts in defenses, We will have a player(like him or not) That has to be game planned for him.When our O-line fails us he can still(by himself) MAKE THE DEFENSE PAY. So when YOU people pull off those rose color blinders you will understand that he will be the 1st playmaker that we would have had since Bledsoe,Spikes,Molloy. Sorry for the Rant :blink::nana: I'M SORRY "GOOD OLE BOYS" BUT THIS TIME WE WILL FILL THIS ROSTER WITH PLAYMAKERS FOR ONCE............not the kelsays,shoebels,cortos,jenkins,ellisons,brad butlers,wendlings,dustin foxes of the past. Brandon,Littman,overdorf is now on notice your SCAPEGOATS IS GONE ....WE WILL BE WATCHING FOR ANY MARKETING GIMMICKS(LIKE LOOKING FOR A REAL HEAD COACH THAT YOU HAD NO INTENTION TO PAY) OR NOT PAYING FOR TOP COACHES( OVERDORF ,BRANDON LITTMAN). WE WILL GET TO SEE YOU FOR WHO YOU REALLY ARE ....RALPHS' YES MEN..................ENJOY IT WHY YOU CAN (RALPHS is 91,I hope he gave you guys a nice parachute) BECAUSE THE NEXT OWNERSHIP WILL DROP YOUR @#$ FASTER THAN YOU CAN SAY OVERDORF/littman SIGNS DOCKERY TO A 5YR 49 MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT OR brandon resign jauron for 3 more years for getting us to 7-9..........

I wouldn't take him,Campbell,or Mcnabb..........terrible as this might seams right now I would not waste draft picks this year on QB's,there are too many good defensive players this year . We finally have competant people in judging talent I dont want to mess this immediate help with drafting a supposed "can't miss" guess on QB. We will finally get a very srong Defense and strong O-line this year, during that time Michael Vick (sorry dog lovers ) should be at the helm. Only he will put pressure on opposing Defenses . Why Mick Vick you ask? Arm and The fear he puts in defenses, We will have a player(like him or not) That has to be game planned for him.When our O-line fails us he can still(by himself) MAKE THE DEFENSE PAY. So when YOU people pull off those rose color blinders you will understand that he will be the 1st playmaker that we would have had since Bledsoe,Spikes,Molloy. Sorry for the Rant :beer::blink: I'M SORRY "GOOD OLE BOYS" BUT THIS TIME WE WILL FILL THIS ROSTER WITH PLAYMAKERS FOR ONCE............not the kelsays,shoebels,cortos,jenkins,ellisons,brad butlers,wendlings,dustin foxes of the past. Brandon,Littman,overdorf is now on notice your SCAPEGOATS IS GONE ....WE WILL BE WATCHING FOR ANY MARKETING GIMMICKS(LIKE LOOKING FOR A REAL HEAD COACH THAT YOU HAD NO INTENTION TO PAY) OR NOT PAYING FOR TOP COACHES( OVERDORF ,BRANDON LITTMAN). WE WILL GET TO SEE YOU FOR WHO YOU REALLY ARE ....RALPHS' YES MEN..................ENJOY IT WHY YOU CAN (RALPHS is 91,I hope he gave you guys a nice parachute) BECAUSE THE NEXT OWNERSHIP WILL DROP YOUR @#$ FASTER THAN YOU CAN SAY OVERDORF/littman SIGNS DOCKERY TO A 5YR 49 MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT OR brandon resign jauron for 3 more years for getting us to 7-9..........

i agree with everything you said that i quoted. well put

Dude you are crazy!