Tebow Commercial Airing During Super Bowl

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankly, I agree with you. But insulting people's beliefs systems accomplishes nothing more than entrench them and justify their misguided us vs the world dogma.

I think the world is slowly (read: glacially) becoming more open-minded and while it won't be any time soon I think a day will come when an individual can make such a statement w/o being vilified. In the mean time I think we're best off to stay cool, do the right thing and not toss them any billy clubs they can whack us over the head with.

Actually, this ruse has been brought to you courtesy of One Bills Drive! :thumbsup:

We sincerely hope that you have enjoyed the distraction, now back to our regularly scheduled programing: "Bashing Buddy"!

You are entiteled to your views. Now its my turn. Church is of men. Christ has to be in your heart or going to church is a meaningless exercise. Once Christ is in your heart you want to go to church to become more like him and support and grow with your brothers and sisters in Christ.

All that aside, I prefer to trade for Mr Vick and draft all O and D linemen.

Agreed

Praise Allah in the highest!

http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2010/01/1...cus-to-tebow%2F

I hope this doesn't turn into a discussion about whether abortion is right or wrong. But is it appropriate that Tebow participate in these ads? What do you think?

Anyone who professes to be Catholic has already had that decision made for them...

The really (only?) great thing about organized religion is that it honestly does convince some people who would otherwise be royal a-holes to straighten up their act out of the fear they will one day be frying.

I have no problem with anyone believing what they want to believe. I have a problem with them telling me I'm a bad (or lost) person because I don't believe the same thing.

He has the right to do what he's doing. And I have the right to turn the channel. And I will.

Exactly what I'll be doing.

If they refuse to run it freedom of speech takes a hit. As long as the ad isn't above a PG rating they should run all ads. JMO

Why? Is the government banning CBS from running it?

Maybe the 3 million could be better used by these "christians" to send relief to Haiti or to West Virginia and Kentucky?

Good point. I would be more impressed with that money going elsewhere, whether it be Haiti or maybe a Choose Life foundation that provides resources to help unwed teen mothers and/or supports adoption services.

Heck, that $3M would have bought a bunch of TV ad space and billboards in Buffalo that might have helped the Bills avoid this Chan Gailey/Marty/Cowher fiasco.

By the way this same organization the Tebow is spouting for is vehemently and vocally anti-homosexual.

If they could get away with it they would run an a 3million dollar about how all Gays were going to hell.

It really is a hate mongering Christian group so keep that in mind when you watch Tebow; this is not a nice good guy, he is a brainwashed hate spouting moron/monster.

Trust this also, if it wasn't for community norms keeping them in line, they would be anti-african american and anti jewish as well, and all American indians would be slaughtered.

JMO.

Did Frank Reich's "idiocy" annoy the piss out of you? They are similar men - you should only care about what they do between the 120 yards we care about....

Piss off. I love Frank, partially because he was a man of faith. He also didn't write it on his face. Also - Did frank do a commercial? No. It isn't the faith that bothers me, it is the in-your-face nature of it. So, again, piss off.

I hope that the Bills draft him and he spreads the Gospel all over upstate NY. From the posts on this board it sounds like you need it. I would be proud to have him as a QB and leader of the Bills. I guarantee he will never change, he is first a warrior for Jesus.

No, I praise the flying spaghetti monster, and so should you! All praise him! Tebow should be a warrior for his noodly appendage!

By the way this same organization the Tebow is spouting for is vehemently and vocally anti-homosexual.

If they could get away with it they would run an a 3million dollar about how all Gays were going to hell.

It really is a hate mongering Christian group so keep that in mind when you watch Tebow; this is not a nice good guy, he is a brainwashed hate spouting moron/monster.

Trust this also, if it wasn't for community norms keeping them in line, they would be anti-african american and anti jewish as well, and all American indians would be slaughtered.

JMO.

Thank you, SDS for the ignore feature! :thumbsup:

You know not to say that I don't believe the guy's story, but in my life I only know of one woman that has mentioned to people that she was told to get an abortion by a doctor. That woman happens to be an evangelical Christian. Coincidence? Perhaps.

Thank you, SDS for the ignore feature! :devil:

I have no doubt you will ignore this, my dear:

Focus On the Family is famous for adamantly opposing virtually every LGBT-friendly initiative — from domestic partner and survivors benefits, hate crimes legislation or employment non-discrimination measures. They also steadfastly supported Colorado’s Amendment 2 of 1996 (which would have disenfranchised LGBT people from the legislative process) and they opposed the repeal of anti-sodomy laws in the U.S.

And that is the very very tip of the iceberg.