Billick never got a call.

Lori

http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=73757

"I just wanted to make sure I was clear that he (Nix) had not called," Billick said. "Why he had not called a coach with a Super Bowl ring, 10 wins a year for nine years, having orchestrated the highest-scoring offense and defense in the history of the league, is a question worth asking. But I never spoke with Mr. Nix."

Someone's feelings are bent. But considering that Billick himself seemed to be the only one tying his name to the job, can't say this news shocks me.

My reaction?

*shrug*

Apparently nobody else is calling him, either, despite the ring on his finger. Guessing there might be a reason for that.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone's feelings are bent. But considering that Billick himself seemed to be the only one tying his name to the job, can't say this news shocks me.

My reaction?

*shrug*

Apparently nobody else is calling him, either, despite the ring on his finger. Guessing there might be a reason for that.

The guy is the proverbial assclown with a gift of gab. You would think someone with his accomplishments would be sought after... but he is not. Because people who actually have followed what he has done and his role in that success - see him for what he is. A guy who lasted 7 years longer than he should have because he could talk his way out of an Al Qaeda prison camp.

I think Ralph's a big fan of the movie "Major League". You know, the one where the owner wants to move the team out of Cleveland to a good city, so she makes sure she has bad players and a crummy manager, so the city of Cleveland will get sick of them and the league allow the move?

Because it certainly seems like that's the path he's following.

The guy is the proverbial assclown with a gift of gab. You would think someone with his accomplishments would be sought after... but he is not. Because people who actually have followed what he has done and his role in that success - see him for what he is. A guy who lasted 7 years longer than he should have because he could talk his way out of an Al Qaeda prison camp.

:lol:

In additon to that, he would not have worked well with Nix. Billick and him would never have been on the same page, IMO.

Why call anyone else when an absolute stud like Chan Gailey was somehow still available?

he has too strong of a personality for the jokers running this circus.

If you didnt know he has not gotten a call for the last 2 years from ANY team. There were 11 coaching vacancies last year and a few this year. It was not "just the Bills" not calling him. It was every team. That should tell you something about this guy.

I think Ralph's a big fan of the movie "Major League". You know, the one where the owner wants to move the team out of Cleveland to a good city, so she makes sure she has bad players and a crummy manager, so the city of Cleveland will get sick of them and the league allow the move?

are you kidding? I don't think Ralph has ever seen a movie after Kinemacolor came out.

My reaction?

*shrug*

My reaction ?

:lol: to Nix.

I can't believe I'm actually arguing this, but in Major League, the owner wanted to get below a certain number in ticket sales to trigger an out clause in her lease. If Ralph wanted to move the team, he could have done so at any number of times over the past five decades.