Defensive Sully Fires Back At Nix

BillsPhan

link:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/928310.html#

Our guy Jerry Sullivan was out defending his fellow NFL media saints in full force this morning. To ready Sully, you would think those media "experts" were back in the 1960's....you know, when nothing would be reported until the story was actually substantiated with real proof? You want to know why I like Buddy Nixs' rants over Sullivans' sarcastic attack this morning? Because of the incredible story ESPN News (now there's an oxymoron if there ever was one) was running all night yesterday. Tiger Woods is in s sex rehab facitlity today. This report came in from some ex sex rehabbers' blog, who supposedly was only in that same facility to "research his book!" On top of that "source", ESPN then openly admitted that the rehab center would not confirm that Woods was even there, and that ESPN could not substantiate the story at all! They came right out and reported a story like that, and admitted they could not prove that it was even true. And these are the type of lazy "professional gossipers" that Buddy Nix was fired up about yesterday.

Sullivan laughs and tells us he's just another Buffalo Bills puppet lying to the intelligent fans. I say I even if Nix was lying about everything he said yesterday, he was just reacting in kind to today's "reporters." I say, good for Buddy. It's nice to see someone from the Bills' organization actually standing up for it for a change!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

link:

Our guy Jerry Sullivan was out defending his fellow NFL media saints in full force this morning. To ready Sully, you would think those media "experts" were back in the 1960's....you know, when nothing would be reported until the story was actually substantiated with real proof? You want to know why I like Buddy Nixs' rants over Sullivans' sarcastic attack this morning? Because of the incredible story ESPN News (now there's an oxymoron if there ever was one) was running all night yesterday. Tiger Woods is in s sex rehab facitlity today. This report came in from some ex sex rehabbers' blog, who supposedly was only in that same facility to "research his book!" On top of that "source", ESPN then openly admitted that the rehab center would not confirm that Woods was even there, and that ESPN could not substantiate the story at all! They came right out and reported a story like that, and admitted they could not prove that it was even true. And these are the type of lazy "professional gossipers" that Buddy Nix was fired up about yesterday.

Sullivan laughs and tells us he's just another Buffalo Bills puppet lying to the intelligent fans. I say I even if Nix was lying about everything he said yesterday, he was just reacting in kind to today's "reporters." I say, good for Buddy. It's nice to see someone from the Bills' organization actually standing up for it for a change!

sully is stinging cause Nix cracked on him at the presser in front of all his friends.....lol

link:

Sullivan makes a simple, irrefutable point---the Bills only had 3 meaningful interviews for HC and GM--total. The guys who declined to be interviewed for HC...........declined to be interviewed.

Your totally off topic and irrrelevant reference to Tiger Woods does not change any of this.

Rant on.

Quote: "Nix said the Bills formally interviewed only three men for head coach: Perry Fewell, Leslie Frazier and Gailey. Assuming Fewell was a courtesy interview to satisfy the Rooney rule, that means the Bills had two serious interviews for coach."

Where is the merit in this statement? He is a bona fide co-ordinator and HC candidate, as is Frazier and Gailey. All of whom are now gainfully employed in the league.

link:

Touchy aint he. When Nix said 80% of the media, I don't think it's out of the question that he was referring to blogs and message boards. Thank God all of the information posted here was 100% correct. :blink:

That's the problem with new coaches. Even the Bills' hires know how to say the right things. Gailey said a couple of times that he'd be bringing in assistants who were good teachers. That's what Gregg Williams said nine years ago. You know how that one turned out. What Williams really meant, I suppose, was that they'd be paid like teachers.

Teaching is great. You need players, and the Bills don't have nearly enough good ones. But they also need a dynamic head coach with sideline command. Gailey is a good coach. What he is, I'm afraid, is a good offensive coordinator.

Why is he so pissed about what Gailey said if every coach says the same thing? I believe you'd be hard pressed to find an NFL or college HC that doesn't think his coaches are primarily teachers.

My question is how does he know the talent isn't there? IMO, you can't judge those players by using the Dick Jauron era as a guide. I believe this team has a lot more talent than people give them credit for. I think it is a personal swipe at Nix's abilities in the draft room. Taking the high road is always the best idea IMO.

He also calls Maybin undersized. the guy is 6'4" 250. IMO, that's not undersized. It seems to me that most draftniks knew Maybin would be a project with tremendous upside. Calling the guy a bust now is idiotic, I don't know if he is calling Maybin a bust or not but it seems he's implying it.

If the Bills go 3-4 then Maybin should be moved to outside linebacker and used in an LT kinda way, JMO

I do find it laughable that Nix expects me to buy that 150 (based on a five day work week) coaches called him in the last two weeks begging for the job. :censored: Saying stuff like that makes him lose a lot, if not all, credibility with me right now. If the media reports are true, we know that Schottenheimer and Billick really wanted the job. That's two, only 148 to go. I will say that if all of the people here, who believe they can coach better than most NFL HC's called for the job he may be underestimating.

Looks like Nix has made an enemy until he retires. I'm sure WGR will start singing the Bills praises again soon. :censored:

Oops! I forgot to reply to the TW reference. Perfect point. #1 why would you report that in the first place, even if it was proven to be true? #2 It's really crappy journalism to report as they have it. Let Tiger get out of his clinic and talk about these things himself, FIRST. JMO

I missed it, what was the exchange between Nix & Sullivan?

Nix never exchanged words at the press conference with Sully, to my knowledge. Sully has his panties in a bunch over Nix saying that 80% of what was reported in the media was fabrication. Sully, whose job is researching these rumors, took great offense to that. Personally I think that as in most situations the truth is somewhere in the middle. JMO

Quote: "Nix said the Bills formally interviewed only three men for head coach: Perry Fewell, Leslie Frazier and Gailey. Assuming Fewell was a courtesy interview to satisfy the Rooney rule, that means the Bills had two serious interviews for coach."

Where is the merit in this statement? He is a bona fide co-ordinator and HC candidate, as is Frazier and Gailey. All of whom are now gainfully employed in the league.

that line is illogical too. interviewing frazier satisfies rooney rule too!

The Buffalo News needs to let Sully move on in, he clearly has an issue with the Bills organization. He states repeatedly that it is very difficult for him to even watch the team and he is not a fan. While a reporter should be objective, Sully crosses the line to slanting everything negative.

His ego is clearly getting the best of him, he had to make himself the story yesterday as opposes to reporting it. He has been mailing it in for years, the only time you could tell he enjoyed writing was when the story was about him breaking 100.

Please bring someone in new or promote someone who is hungry and wants the job.

I missed it, what was the exchange between Nix & Sullivan?

sully asked nix to name names/sources on the false rumors of who turned down interviews.......Nix deflected, said "you would have to ask them"........sully pressed for names....Nix looked sully square in the eye and cracked "I thought that's the way we play this game" ........priceless.

sully was put in his place and he didn't like it. now he comes out swinging hiding behind "It was a kick in the teeth of the NFL media, most of whom are hard-working, credible people."......i mean seriously, Buddy says 80% of the reporting on the bills coaching search was false rumors and Jerry takes issue with that ??.....he would of preferred 50%??......dumb to pick a fight over that.

sully is stinging cause Nix cracked on him at the presser in front of all his friends.....lol

Nix destroyed Sullivan at the press conference...get ready for an entire offseason of jabs like this.

Wait...the Bills could have hired Bill Belichick AWAY from the Patriots and Sullivan would still hate it.

Didn't see that, but no one in this organization is in a position to be cracking on anyone right now. Until this team pulls its head out of its a$$ I'd just STFU if I were them.

Nix just set himself up big time if next season plays out like it will, with more losing.

The Bills are an organization of LOSERS from top to bottom!

and didn't Frazier also satisfy the rooney rule? does that take it down to one serious interview?

Didn't see that, but no one in this organization is in a position to be cracking on anyone right now. Until this team pulls its head out of its a$$ I'd just STFU if I were them.

Nix just set himself up big time if next season plays out like it will, with more losing.

do you consider steve tasker a loseR?

I heard Steve Tasker on Tony Bruno's show in the first hour on January 14th of this year and he was insistent upon the Bills being a 'top shelf' nfl organization and that Ralph Wilson really takes care of his employees. I really don't know where all of this angst about the Bills come from. I would post a link to the Tasker interview but unfortunately you have to listen to the whole hour as he is at the end of the hour, and the link doesn't allow you to fast forward, and i doubt people would really want to listen to the whole thing....but I would trust someone that has actually worked for the organization rather than a reporter who's job it is to report about an organization.......but that's just the skeptic in me

sully asked nix to name names/sources on the false rumors of who turned down interviews.......Nix deflected, said "you would have to ask them"........sully pressed for names....Nix looked sully square in the eye and cracked "I thought that's the way we play this game" ........priceless.

sully was put in his place and he didn't like it. now he comes out swinging hiding behind "It was a kick in the teeth of the NFL media, most of whom are hard-working, credible people."......i mean seriously, Buddy says 80% of the reporting on the bills coaching search was false rumors and Jerry takes issue with that ??.....he would of preferred 50%??......dumb to pick a fight over that.

I missed that. :censored:

Hey Buddy? Would you mind doing my job for me. :blink: