Time for Brohm fans to face reality

Albany,n.y.

Of all the things said by Nix & Gailey, one thing should jolt the people who think Brian Brohm is our QB of the future into reality:

Gailey was noncommittal on the quarterback situation. He and Nix have discussed the status of Ryan Fitzpatrick and Trent Edwards, but Gailey said he needs time to study the players on film before making an honest evaluation of them.

"I know both guys have had some success playing in the NFL, but they have not done it for a length of time with consistency," Gailey said. "Can they? We're going to decide that."

Brohm was not mentioned, because that's how little he is regarded by the guys in charge. He was a 3rd stringer plucked off a practice squad after nobody else was even willing to claim him off waivers just 1 year after being a 2nd round pick.

It's time to face reality, Brohm fans. He may be YOUR starting QB for 2010, but he will not be the Bills starting QB.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thing fans don't make those calls. Nor do they generally have a clue about talent.

If no one wanted him, why did Green Bay counter our offer immediately?

I know this. He will get a look. My guess is with Gaileys tendency to mold an offense around his guys -- I think Brohm has the most upside of all three.

We will see. I know I won't go starting any threads proclaiming my Miss Cleo skills like yourself.

Good thing fans don't make those calls. Nor do they generally have a clue about talent.

I know this. He will get a look. My guess is with Gaileys tendency to mold an offense around his guys -- I think Brohm has the most upside of all three.

We will see. I know I won't go starting any threads proclaiming my Miss Cleo skills like yourself.

"AMEN!"

Wake up!

The talent evaluators in the NFL, not the fans, nnot me, have said through their actions he's a bust.

Did it ever occur to the Brohm supporters that the only reason they tried to match the offer was because that late in the season they wanted a possible 3rd stringer who knew their system as an insurance policy & nothing more? As long as he was on their practice squad they had that insurance, but not if he left. If they were so high on Brohm, they would have exceeded our offer-they didn't.

I don't have any "Miss Cleo" skills, what I have is the abilty to read. Read what Nix & Gailey said (hint:it's bolded)-Brohm is not a factor in their thinking about next season's QB.

Of all the things said by Nix & Gailey, one thing should jolt the people who think Brian Brohm is our QB of the future into reality:

Gailey was noncommittal on the quarterback situation. He and Nix have discussed the status of Ryan Fitzpatrick and Trent Edwards, but Gailey said he needs time to study the players on film before making an honest evaluation of them.

"I know both guys have had some success playing in the NFL, but they have not done it for a length of time with consistency," Gailey said. "Can they? We're going to decide that."

Brohm was not mentioned, because that's how little he is regarded by the guys in charge. He was a 3rd stringer plucked off a practice squad after nobody else was even willing to claim him off waivers just 1 year after being a 2nd round pick.

It's time to face reality, Brohm fans. He may be YOUR starting QB for 2010, but he will not be the Bills starting QB.

:blink:

Noncommittal on the QB situation? The guy JUST GOT HIRED, bro.

Wake up!

The talent evaluators in the NFL, not the fans, nnot me, have said through their actions he's a bust.

Did it ever occur to the Brohm supporters that the only reason they tried to match the offer was because that late in the season they wanted a possible 3rd stringer who knew their system as an insurance policy & nothing more? As long as he was on their practice squad they had that insurance, but not if he left. If they were so high on Brohm, they would have exceeded our offer-they didn't.

I don't have any "Miss Cleo" skills, what I have is the abilty to read. Read what Nix & Gailey said (hint:it's bolded)-Brohm is not a factor in their thinking about next season's QB.

Thanks, bro...The wake up was really necessary!!!

That settles it...might as well just cut Brohm. He had his great college career, was a 2nd pick, was drafted by a team with a starting QB, hit a bump in the road...we gave him start with our fine-tuned offense, and he failed.

Time to face reality....if this kid hasn't gotten it by now, he just never will.

Thanks, Albany, from the fans and the coaching staff. Whewwww!! They were probably almost going to waste their time looking at a QB that people compared to Kelly coming out of college!! They must not have seen his start!!

I think you need something else to complain about...

Wake up!

Most people on this forum are not saying Brohm is the answer, just saying it's too early in his career to know. A BUST? come on!

What? This says nothing to what you are implying it says...he just got hired for one, Trent and Fitz were clearly the established starters, so he addressed them in question. I love how Bills fans always find some negative way to spin things to create some kind of creative point that has really no relation to the quote...

Trent and Fitz were clearly the established starters...

The simple fact that this is a true statement just sent shivers down my spine. WAY moreso than when Gailey was hired. Just sayin'.

Brohm has done nothing in this league. He was awful in GB. Just awful. Totally lost out there in every preseason snap he got. Then he really lit it up in the one game he was in this year. Actually he didn't. Yea, sounds like someone the Bills should build around :lol:

Duh!

You don't that maybe the reason he didn't mention studying Brohm on film is because there's no film of him to study, and because Brohm has yet to see any significant playing time? :lol:

Gailey's a former college QB and a former QBs coach - he'll take a good long look at Brohm before deciding anything, but come September I'll bet that Brohm IS the Bills QB, Fitzpatrick the backup, and Edwards is gone.

Brohm has done nothing in this league. He was awful in GB. Just awful. Totally lost out there in every preseason snap he got. Then he really lit it up in the one game he was in this year. Actually he didn't. Yea, sounds like someone the Bills should build around :lol:

+1

The other thing to remember is that the current regime in GB was able to evaluate Aaron Rodgers based entirely on his performance in practice and during pre-season games, and what they saw gave them enough confidence to take a huge gamble by getting rid of Favre and handing the keys to Rodgers. Had they been wrong, Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy would have been run out of town. Maybe Brohm never got a chance to play with GB, but I wouldn't put a lot of faith in the idea that they whiffed on the guy.

Brohm was not mentioned, because that's how little he is regarded by the guys in charge.

We can probably forgive Gailey for not having watched the Bills-Falcons game in week 16, and/or not remembering that Brohm got the start.

So because Brohm was not mentioned in that particular discussion, Brohm is automatically out as starting QB? Man....you're connecting dots that aren't even there.

Brohm has done nothing in this league. He was awful in GB. Just awful. Totally lost out there in every preseason snap he got. Then he really lit it up in the one game he was in this year. Actually he didn't. Yea, sounds like someone the Bills should build around :thumbsup:

How awful was he in GB, Billy? Just maybe not quite as bad as some of you "know nothings" are pushing for some stupid reason. You know that in the last 3 pre-season games, playing with the super scrubs, he passed for a 70% completion average? Additionally, if you watched the 1 game he played with us, just barely knowing who our 1st team receivers were and having almost no time to look down-field with all the blitzing going on, he looked pretty darned calm out there, threw the ball pretty darned well, and the 2 picks were first, a slightly under-thrown 50 some yard ball in the endzone which the DB made a great play on, and the 2nd was a fabulous pickoff on, again, a slightly under-thrown ball.

All in all, Billy, Brohm looked pretty darned comfortable in the pocket considering it was his first NFL start EVER and Atlanta absolutely threw the kitchen sink at him.

In short, I think your criticisms are ignorant and unwarranted. :blink: