Time for Brohm fans to face reality

Albany,n.y.

Wow..... I can't believe some of the comments about Brohm. Give the guy a chance to work in the OTA's, training camp and some preseason games. If he sucks then its not much of a loss. I do think he has some natural talent and tools to be a good qb. Whether or not that comes to fruition is up to him and the coaches putting him in the right system and playing to his strengths.

To throw him to the wolves based upon one game, which was his first ever start in the NFL, with a new team and not much practice time and no offensive line, I thought he actually did about as good as could be expected. No he didn't look like Payton Manning, but he did show some poise and a strong arm.

Give the guy a realistic chance.

Sorry that you took it that I was "throwing him to the wolves". I think they'll evaluate everybody and they may even try to salvage one of these QBs and that may include Brohm. That doesn't change the fact that Brohm was a system QB in college and is more suited to a WCO. Gailey isn't a WCO guy and I highly doubt he's going to want to become one. He'll get a QB to fit his offense at some point.

That's not dumping on your guy. That's just the facts when a new regime wheels into town...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the QBs on roster will be given a chance in camp (even Edwards) unless their is a significant bonus which needs to be paid out. The new rules on free agency make the players even more valuable assets which can be bartered to other teams who see opportunity to better than Bills did with their "pathetic" owner, front office, coaches and players (if they are all so bad, why are so many coaches being given jobs on other teams?).

All of the players under contract including Brohm will be re-evaluated by new GM and new coaching staff vs who is available in free agency and who they can get via draft. I know some would like to just dump everyone down to the janitors but that is not going to happen.

Sorry that you took it that I was "throwing him to the wolves". I think they'll evaluate everybody and they may even try to salvage one of these QBs and that may include Brohm. That doesn't change the fact that Brohm was a system QB in college and is more suited to a WCO. Gailey isn't a WCO guy and I highly doubt he's going to want to become one. He'll get a QB to fit his offense at some point.

That's not dumping on your guy. That's just the facts when a new regime wheels into town...

I was just adding my post.....not questioning what you commented. I agree with your point. Brohm might be a good qb, but we don't know and if the new regime doesn't think he will work in the system they install, then he may not be the best option. I'm not a Brohm supporter or detractor... until he has had a chance to work with the new staff like all the other players in ota's and training camp, I think he is an unknown quantity and be given an opportunity. If he succeeds great! If not, then he's gone.

I personally think coaches should work with the players and design a system around the players strengths, but that is a totally different topic.

Nix has strong ties to colleges in the south...hence Wood, Nelson picks.

Does anybody really think that when Jauron was fired, it was completely coincidental that we pluck Brohm off of the GB PS?

GB, I am willing to bet, didn't get too hyped about, publicly about him, because instead of carrying 3 QB's they went with 2, to allow more roster space for OL, which was as bad as our Island of Misfit Toys version at the end of the year. He got swiped by a clever scout...Nix.

I think time will tell with Brohm.

Then Nix goes and gets a coach known for developing QB's.

He knows there are many holes, as everybody loves to point out, on this team...he has limited $$ and attractiveness for FA's, making the draft that much more important.

My personal opinion is that Nix is dumb like a fox.

Wow..... I can't believe some of the comments about Brohm. Give the guy a chance to work in the OTA's, training camp and some preseason games. If he sucks then its not much of a loss. I do think he has some natural talent and tools to be a good qb. Whether or not that comes to fruition is up to him and the coaches putting him in the right system and playing to his strengths.

To throw him to the wolves based upon one game, which was his first ever start in the NFL, with a new team and not much practice time and no offensive line, I thought he actually did about as good as could be expected. No he didn't look like Payton Manning, but he did show some poise and a strong arm.

Give the guy a realistic chance.

Dont think Payton Manning would look like Payton Manning with the line in that game. I agree with you completely. All I am saying....Is give Brohm a chance

I was just adding my post.....not questioning what you commented. I agree with your point. Brohm might be a good qb, but we don't know and if the new regime doesn't think he will work in the system they install, then he may not be the best option. I'm not a Brohm supporter or detractor... until he has had a chance to work with the new staff like all the other players in ota's and training camp, I think he is an unknown quantity and be given an opportunity. If he succeeds great! If not, then he's gone.

I personally think coaches should work with the players and design a system around the players strengths, but that is a totally different topic.

The good thing is that I believe Gailey is the sort of flexible coach that is going to put in a system that plays to the strengths of his players. So, he will be flexible and adapt to what he has. On the other hand, I think he has preferences in how he wants to run his ship, so he will methodically try to steer the roster in the direction he ultimately wants to go. (As QB is a weak position, it may/should be a position they address this off-season.) I see that as all good. I'm tired of seeing the Bills gut the roster every couple of years, going with some whizzy system that they have no track record at all with. The treadmill of mediocrity needs to stop.