My Farewell to the Buffalo Bills

everyone who sends jackassish remarks to this guy is the real jackass, and you're the reason why we have ****ty product. keep crawling back to ralph year after year. this was a good post. I'm still a Bills fan, but just because someone doesn't want to waste their money on a ****ty product year after year, it doesn't mean you're a "better fan" than them. I am done buying tickets and merch until I see a change.

the definition of insanity per einstein: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

THAT is all of you folks. I will change, and not pour money into senile Ralph's little BUSINESS (remember, that's what it is. and guess what, you're all being scammed by believing it's all about football). Russ and Ralph love all of you "loyalists" who keep coming back.

All I'm saying is you can still be a fan of the football team itself, but you don't have to contribute to Ralph and Russ' big scam they're pulling over on Western New York known as The Buffalo Bills.

Show your fanhood by following the team, and rooting for them to win. If you want a change, don't spend your hard-earned money on the Bills (hoping Ralph kicks soon can't hurt either... jk... kinda)

Why is this stupid line used so much? You might as well write "this post is worthless and I'm a giant douche".

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Were you around during the really bad years when 20,000-30,000 fans showed up? There has been the threat of the Bills moving for over 40 years now. I will worry about that when it happens.

Were you around when the Buffalo Braves INTENTIONALLY cheaped out? They did it to drive fans away, so they'd have an excuse to relocate. Worked like a charm.

but back on the Bills, I'm not worried that they'll leave. It's not something worth my 'worry'. If it happens I'm simply done as a Bills fan, plain and simple. In the mean time, I'm in "show me" mode. I'm giving the Bills the benefit of the doubt with Gailey. I'm not "jumping ship". But I'm also not dillusional about the state of the franchise like some of you seem to be.

Were you around when the Buffalo Braves INTENTIONALLY cheaped out? They did it to drive fans away, so they'd have an excuse to relocate. Worked like a charm.

but back on the Bills, I'm not worried that they'll leave. It's not something worth my 'worry'. If it happens I'm simply done as a Bills fan, plain and simple. In the mean time, I'm in "show me" mode. I'm giving the Bills the benefit of the doubt with Gailey. I'm not "jumping ship". But I'm also not dillusional about the state of the franchise like some of you seem to be.

I was around for the Braves. Went to many games. Completely different situation. Snyder wanted out and didn't care what happened to the Braves. Wilson has said repeatedly and proved it over the years that the Bills will never leave Buffalo while he is alive.

I don't even have a strong opinion of Gailey. Want to know why this franchise is in trouble? Because it is an unattractive place to play (as voted by players) and coach (as shown by this coaching search). It is a franchise in a shrinking market that has a depressed economy. It is a franchise that hopes to sustain its place in WNY by selling its soul to Toronto and 'regionalizing'...a marketing strategy that I absolutely agree with because it's the only way the Bills can survive in Buffalo. It's a team that sooner than later will be faced with the uncertainty of not having an owner. It is a team that hasn't gone to the playoffs in a decade and hasn't been a real postseason threat in 15 years. This franchise is in chaos right now. The last thing it can afford is to do is bleed fans by making decisions that are not believed (by fans) to be the right decisions to make this team a winner again.

Now if Gailey rights the ship, fair enough. I'll be the first guy to congratulate Nix on knowing something that the rest of us didn't. But if Gailey becomes the next Jauron, I'm not sure the franchise can recover. This may be the beginning of the end for the Bills in Buffalo. If the fanbase really turns that apathetic towards the hapless Bills, they may have no choice but to move to toronto or los angeles and start fresh with a new fanbase.

The fan base will never disappear. I mean we made it through the Levy/Jauron era, and Jauron is one of the worst NFL head coaches in history. I continue to believe we have a chance. If that makes me an idiot, so be it. I was born and raised in Buffalo and as long as the Bills are here, I will root for them, for better or worse.

I wish all of you guys well. I have served the team faithfully in cities all-around the country proud of my colors. Well I'm not from western NY, but the Adirondacks, and I've never seen the Bills play live. I've watched just about every game since I discovered football in 89'. I even watched the entire Oilers game and I BILLeved.

Why should I treat a team like a wife or a child I love? They don't treat me that way, they treat me as a product they can capitalize on, and if that's true why oh why should I treat the product so lovingly when I cannot love the product they give me? Why should be so hell-bent on the emotions of a team that I don't live there and MAINLY because you treat the customer like garbage?

People can say I'm a bandwagon jumper and to that I say B.S. I always had hope the product would improve and I could enjoy the game even if they lose. I enjoyed watching the Bledsoe years as much as they pained me because we tried to improve the team even though the results weren't great. I got excited about Losman as a 1st rounder even after his 2 games under 80 yards and I was scratching my head how he was in the NFL. I loved the Flutie OR Johnson year, even the Collins years.

Now as a man in my 30's I realize this is a business, and why should I treat this business like my freaking family when it spits in my face? I should be following players and liking those teams they play on. Some team that is exciting and young with a good nucleus I could enjoy for 8-10 years.

The hiring of an old man as GM without any experience and a figure-head to a nerd who knows nothing about football, to an owner who won't hire a guy like Schott, to finally now hiring a guy like Gailey has me relinquish my love for this team.

I wish everyone well and I'm sure all the "don't let the door hit ya" posts will be lost on me as I don't care.

Thanks Ralph!!!!

yet another "fan" who began following the Bills in their glory years that is walking away ... and I am fine with that ... I remember 2-14, 2-14, 4-12 like it was yesterday (and I know that there are many others who remember worse)

I do hear what your saying but you got to understand what 10yrs of losing does to a fanbase. I am starting to warm up to gailey, the guy has good credentials.

I have told you this before but I will say it again. I can not wait for the day Manning retires, & that day is coming sooner rather later to see how the Colts fan base reacts to watching lousy qbing play on a weekly basis. I bet the oil can will be 1/2 filled with the prices they are charging.

Why do you have to wait for the Colts? This scenario plays out all the time. Take the 49ers for instance. Young retired in 1999. It has been 10 years and they haven't found a decent replacement. They're getting closer, but not there yet. And in the mean time attendance has struggled.

Why is this stupid line used so much? You might as well write "this post is worthless and I'm a giant douche".

hmmm I don't know why it's used so much? wait, yes I do. it's because it is perfect for all of the whining season ticket holders of buffalo.

Oh wow. :blink: I was born in 88. My favorite teams are the Bills, Sharks, Marlins, Fighting Irish, Fighting Sioux and Everton F.C. I've watched sports my whole life since I can remember those cool helmets with a Buffalo on em. I've only seen 4 championships in my lifetime. 2 of them I could truly enjoy and understood what it means to have bragging rights. (Although that next year was always terrible). I've been a die-hard Bills fan ever since I saw the uniform.

I live in ND. The only thing I had of Bills merchandise was a stocking hat. I wore that damn thing every day in the fall and winter, until it was worn out. But now of course there's the internet. I have been given hell since 4th grade for being a bills fan. It gets worse today, I defend the Bills honor, even if their right about what they say, or I'm too drunk to thinks straight an OJ joke or comment will end the conversation.

You've been to RWS and seen them in action and you are bitching!? I've met only a handful of bills fans in person. But all of us would give a vital organ just to see a Bills game at RWS. (Yes, I watched the whole Cle vs Buf game this year, THE WHOLE THING!) I could care less if Al Gore owned the team. It's the logo, the colors, the fellow fans, the small-area market.

Your not a die hard fan. I'm sure you'll be wearing a jersey of this years SB champs. :censored: Pathetic you need pity on an internet forum

$20 says this guy is back in a month or 2 talking about the draft...and so will all the other "quitters" on this board. This Bills are kinda like smoking hard to quit once you have the first one.

If it wasn't so easy to change your screen name it would be fun to have a pinned thread with all the quitters' names to see if they actually comeback after their good-bye letters.

Thanks for the post. I'm sure you're aching to be a Giants or Jets fan anyway being from the Adirondacks. We're a tougher breed out here, and we actually support our local team, and not jump on the flavor of the month.

Hey!!! I'm from the Adirondacks, and I'm not going anywhere!!!! Go Bills!!!

I wish all of you guys well. I have served the team faithfully in cities all-around the country proud of my colors. Well I'm not from western NY, but the Adirondacks, and I've never seen the Bills play live. I've watched just about every game since I discovered football in 89'. I even watched the entire Oilers game and I BILLeved.

What a shock! He "discovered" football in 1989, the first year of a never before and never since matched dynasty. Too many fair weather suckers became Bills' fans during that period to count. Let this one whimper and whine his way out the door. Good riddance.

If I were Chuck Norris....I would roundhouse kick YO FAYCE!

and then punch him with your beard fist!!! :lol:

Will you laugh at yourself if he doesn't?

Nope, I'm a true Bills fan whether that happens or not.

I do hear what your saying but you got to understand what 10yrs of losing does to a fanbase. I am starting to warm up to gailey, the guy has good credentials.

I have told you this before but I will say it again. I can not wait for the day Manning retires, & that day is coming sooner rather later to see how the Colts fan base reacts to watching lousy qbing play on a weekly basis. I bet the oil can will be 1/2 filled with the prices they are charging.

Too true. Ups and downs are the inevitable results in the NFL. Some teams more time down than up, unfortunately.

What you guys don't seem to appreciate is that for every "troll" who posts one of these farewell letters there are thousands of other people who aren't leaving a letter. They're simply giving up and going away, like you guys want. This franchise is in DEEP trouble because right now it is BLEEDING fans.

Obviously you and I have differing opinions of the definition of fan. I haven't heard of one fan jumping ship.

The fan base will never disappear. I mean we made it through the Levy/Jauron era, and Jauron is one of the worst NFL head coaches in history. I continue to believe we have a chance. If that makes me an idiot, so be it. I was born and raised in Buffalo and as long as the Bills are here, I will root for them, for better or worse.

:thumbsup:

Oh wow. :lol: I was born in 88. My favorite teams are the Bills, Sharks, Marlins, Fighting Irish, Fighting Sioux and Everton F.C. I've watched sports my whole life since I can remember those cool helmets with a Buffalo on em. I've only seen 4 championships in my lifetime. 2 of them I could truly enjoy and understood what it means to have bragging rights. (Although that next year was always terrible). I've been a die-hard Bills fan ever since I saw the uniform.

I live in ND. The only thing I had of Bills merchandise was a stocking hat. I wore that damn thing every day in the fall and winter, until it was worn out. But now of course there's the internet. I have been given hell since 4th grade for being a bills fan. It gets worse today, I defend the Bills honor, even if their right about what they say, or I'm too drunk to thinks straight an OJ joke or comment will end the conversation.

You've been to RWS and seen them in action and you are bitching!? I've met only a handful of bills fans in person. But all of us would give a vital organ just to see a Bills game at RWS. (Yes, I watched the whole Cle vs Buf game this year, THE WHOLE THING!) I could care less if Al Gore owned the team. It's the logo, the colors, the fellow fans, the small-area market.

Your not a die hard fan. I'm sure you'll be wearing a jersey of this years SB champs. :o Pathetic you need pity on an internet forum

You are wise beyond your years kid!! :worthy:

You are wise beyond your years kid!! :thumbsup:

Thanks :lol: . To the few on this forum that have started their little BS 'epiphany' that they're done with the Bills:

I hope you do run to another team. Bandwagon. I want you to sooo badly. Because when that moment comes that the Bills win a Championship, you will regret turning your backs on the franchise. You may say 'oh i was a bills fan since 'nam!' But inside you will know you turned your back on the Bills, AND you won't feel the REAL feelings of sticking with them regardless of how terrible they played. You people who are whining need to take a step back and look in the mirror, obviously you don't know what true passion is.

Nothing will ever sway me from being a Bills fan...NOTHING.

I watched the History of the Buffalo Bills on DVD for the first time the other night, and I'm damn proud to be a Bills fan...win, lose, or draw.

I didn't necessarily want Chan Gailey either, but now that he is the coach I want him to succeed more than anything...

GO BILLS!!!!!

I think I love you!