My Farewell to the Buffalo Bills

That would be more accurate

Noted and appreciated. I believe the 'silent majority' of Bills fans are actually ok with the hire, yet they do not post because:

(a) it is a game, after all. And there are too many things to over analyze beside a coaching hire.

(b) life is pretty tough now and to get stressed over an owner making a choice he is entitled to is, well, pretty bizarre.

© they are confident that hiring Marty would not guarantee a turn around. Remember, Marty ran Drew Brees out of SD. Drew Brees......what kind of evaluator is that for goodness sake?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/20...eaks-for-itself

I wish all of you guys well. I have served the team faithfully in cities all-around the country proud of my colors. Well I'm not from western NY, but the Adirondacks, and I've never seen the Bills play live. I've watched just about every game since I discovered football in 89'. I even watched the entire Oilers game and I BILLeved.

Why should I treat a team like a wife or a child I love? They don't treat me that way, they treat me as a product they can capitalize on, and if that's true why oh why should I treat the product so lovingly when I cannot love the product they give me? Why should be so hell-bent on the emotions of a team that I don't live there and MAINLY because you treat the customer like garbage?

People can say I'm a bandwagon jumper and to that I say B.S. I always had hope the product would improve and I could enjoy the game even if they lose. I enjoyed watching the Bledsoe years as much as they pained me because we tried to improve the team even though the results weren't great. I got excited about Losman as a 1st rounder even after his 2 games under 80 yards and I was scratching my head how he was in the NFL. I loved the Flutie OR Johnson year, even the Collins years.

Now as a man in my 30's I realize this is a business, and why should I treat this business like my freaking family when it spits in my face? I should be following players and liking those teams they play on. Some team that is exciting and young with a good nucleus I could enjoy for 8-10 years.

The hiring of an old man as GM without any experience and a figure-head to a nerd who knows nothing about football, to an owner who won't hire a guy like Schott, to finally now hiring a guy like Gailey has me relinquish my love for this team.

I wish everyone well and I'm sure all the "don't let the door hit ya" posts will be lost on me as I don't care.

Thanks Ralph!!!!

Noted and appreciated. I believe the 'silent majority' of Bills fans are actually ok with the hire, yet they do not post because:

(a) it is a game, after all. And there are too many things to over analyze beside a coaching hire.

(b) life is pretty tough now and to get stressed over an owner making a choice he is entitled to is, well, pretty bizarre.

© they are confident that hiring Marty would not guarantee a turn around. Remember, Marty ran Drew Brees out of SD. Drew Brees......what kind of evaluator is that for goodness sake?

Tom Modrak and John Guy passed up on Drew Brees. And they're still with the team. What does that say about them?! What about their accountability over J.P., Edwards, Bledsoe? Give me a break.

Tom Modrak and John Guy passed up on Drew Brees. And they're still with the team. What does that say about them?! What about their accountability over J.P., Edwards, Bledsoe? Give me a break.

I was with you up until 'give me a break' .....not sure what that means and though I could speculate; not going there. Bottom line, Marty could have easily panned out worse the DJ. Hard for some to imagine, but Marty was no guarantee to turn things around.

People are grasping if they truly feel Marty would be the difference.

I wish all of you guys well. I have served the team faithfully in cities all-around the country proud of my colors. Well I'm not from western NY, but the Adirondacks, and I've never seen the Bills play live. I've watched just about every game since I discovered football in 89'. I even watched the entire Oilers game and I BILLeved.

Why should I treat a team like a wife or a child I love? They don't treat me that way, they treat me as a product they can capitalize on, and if that's true why oh why should I treat the product so lovingly when I cannot love the product they give me? Why should be so hell-bent on the emotions of a team that I don't live there and MAINLY because you treat the customer like garbage?

People can say I'm a bandwagon jumper and to that I say B.S. I always had hope the product would improve and I could enjoy the game even if they lose. I enjoyed watching the Bledsoe years as much as they pained me because we tried to improve the team even though the results weren't great. I got excited about Losman as a 1st rounder even after his 2 games under 80 yards and I was scratching my head how he was in the NFL. I loved the Flutie OR Johnson year, even the Collins years.

Now as a man in my 30's I realize this is a business, and why should I treat this business like my freaking family when it spits in my face? I should be following players and liking those teams they play on. Some team that is exciting and young with a good nucleus I could enjoy for 8-10 years.

The hiring of an old man as GM without any experience and a figure-head to a nerd who knows nothing about football, to an owner who won't hire a guy like Schott, to finally now hiring a guy like Gailey has me relinquish my love for this team.

I wish everyone well and I'm sure all the "don't let the door hit ya" posts will be lost on me as I don't care.

Thanks Ralph!!!!

Holy cow!!!!!!!!!!! WA WA WA WA WA Get a life!!!!! "Now as a man in my 30's" what the crap is that? Are you trying to get a job as some flake reporter? 30's!!!! get over it!!!

I don't think anyone wants Ralph to have anything to do with the football operations whether regardless of how they feel about the hire today. Yeah it's his right to do what he wants but it doesn't mean he SHOULD meddle in the football operations.

I can think of about 31 teams that passed up on Tom Brady.

I was with you up until 'give me a break' .....not sure what that means and though I could speculate; not going there. Bottom line, Marty could have easily panned out worse the DJ. Hard for some to imagine, but Marty was no guarantee to turn things around.

People are grasping if they truly feel Marty would be the difference.

The Give me a break line was for people saying Marty can't evaluate talent. That's not even an argument. You don't know if A.J. or Marty pulled the trigger on that move, nevertheless, they got Rivers and are doing just fine. So that's null.

You think Marty could have panned out worse than Jauron? HA! Not even an argument there either. Jauron had no significance of a winning record before he came to the Bills and he was hired because Levy "felt comfortable" with him.

Marty's WL record is 205-139. Yes there's a chance that Marty could have panned out worse than Jauron, but it's about a 0.0000000000000000009% chance.

I can think of about 31 teams that passed up on Tom Brady.

Actually Brady was the 199th pick in the 2000 draft, that means more than 32 teams passed on him roughly 4-5 times including New England before they finally took him. Including John Guy and Tom Modrak.

Thanks Ralph!!!!

So even if Nix and Gailey are terrible, some good came from this move. You are a brutal poster and I'm glad we don't have to look forward to any more of your posts. Please keep your word. :w00t:

The Give me a break line was for people saying Marty can't evaluate talent. That's not even an argument. You don't know if A.J. or Marty pulled the trigger on that move, nevertheless, they got Rivers and are doing just fine. So that's null.

You think Marty could have panned out worse than Jauron? HA! Not even an argument there either. Jauron had no significance of a winning record before he came to the Bills and he was hired because Levy "felt comfortable" with him.

Marty's WL record is 205-139. Yes there's a chance that Marty could have panned out worse than Jauron, but it's about a 0.0000000000000000009% chance.

Actually Brady was the 199th pick in the 2000 draft, that means more than 32 teams passed on him roughly 4-5 times including New England before they finally took him. Including John Guy and Tom Modrak.

Yeah I was just trying to keep the point simple. Not sure where Guy and Modrak were when they passed up on Brady but I'm pretty sure it wasn't with the Bills seeing as they came with Donahoe who was brought prior to the 2001 season whereas Brady was drafted in 2000.

Thanks Ralph!!!!

How unbelievably Stupid you are!

Thanks Ralph!!!!

..............and neither do we (or the Bills) care about losing you.

everyone who sends jackassish remarks to this guy is the real jackass, and you're the reason why we have ****ty product. keep crawling back to ralph year after year. this was a good post. I'm still a Bills fan, but just because someone doesn't want to waste their money on a ****ty product year after year, it doesn't mean you're a "better fan" than them. I am done buying tickets and merch until I see a change.

the definition of insanity per einstein: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

THAT is all of you folks. I will change, and not pour money into senile Ralph's little BUSINESS (remember, that's what it is. and guess what, you're all being scammed by believing it's all about football). Russ and Ralph love all of you "loyalists" who keep coming back.

All I'm saying is you can still be a fan of the football team itself, but you don't have to contribute to Ralph and Russ' big scam they're pulling over on Western New York known as The Buffalo Bills.

Show your fanhood by following the team, and rooting for them to win. If you want a change, don't spend your hard-earned money on the Bills (hoping Ralph kicks soon can't hurt either... jk... kinda)