After 35 years of being a Bills fan

Rayzer32

I for one am willing to give Chan a chance

He has had winning records everywhere he has been.........I think what makes people upset by the hire is that he wasn't mentioned by anyone as even a remote possibility, and the Kansas City thing.

He does have a resume....the only thing that was missing on it is he has not won a Super Bowl as a HC.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

(His avatar is from one of the most badass football movies ever.)

Might be, but it's still stinks of Raider Nation. And FWIW, the 2 best football movies I have ever seen were North Dallas Forty and The Invincible. The Longest Yard was pretty good as well.

He has had winning records everywhere he has been.........I think what makes people upset by the hire is that he wasn't mentioned by anyone as even a remote possibility, and the Kansas City thing.

He does have a resume....the only thing that was missing on it is he has not won a Super Bowl as a HC.

I'm not excited about it, but I'm willing to give the guy a chance. What choice do we have? Even if I wanted to become a fan of another team, that's just not possible. I love the Bills for better or worse....til death do us part.

I've found myself pretty optimistic almost every offseason this past decade, only to get kicked in the nuts by the team time after time. Maybe this offseason there will be absolutely NOTHING to get excited about, but the team will actually play well and make the playoffs?

Dude your not alone, from polls on this board 70-75 percent of the fans are disappointed in this hire. I never thought it would come to Chan FREAKING Gailey. This time was gonna be different. This time we we're going to get some great coaches and a great GM, money was no object, Ralph was gonna open up the purse strings. Things needed to change and Ralph and the front office got the message from the fans. It rapidly went downhill when the big names said no. They took other jobs are were content with waiting in retirement for something better. Then it was getting rebuffed by a coordinator that has never even been offered a HC opportunity. Then it was getting the cold shoulder from an 8-5 Stanford coach, turning down a NFL head coaching gig. And finally, the piece de resistance, the kick in the stomach to Bills Nation, Chan, yes that Chan, FREAKING Gailey. Only the truely dillusional fan will try and spin this in a positive light. You know, like a Pirate fan thinking they have a chance this year.

Same thing happened after the Jauron hire. I don't have the energy to go and dig up those posts, but about 90% of the people on this board were pissed - and rightfully so. But there were a few saying,

Jauron did go 13-3 with the Bears that one year. Let's give him a chance before we crucify him. Was Marv a successful HC when he was initially hired? Jauron is a great DC and I think he's a good choice.
We all know how that one turned out...

Oh I'm willing to give him a chance too, but like I said, only from my couch. I also won't hold my breath that he can turn this thing around either.

Might be, but it's still stinks of Raider Nation. And FWIW, the 2 best football movies I have ever seen were North Dallas Forty and The Invincible. The Longest Yard was pretty good as well.

Football movies rule, man...those three you mentioned were each awesome....I also loved Friday Night Lights, Any Given Sunday, The Program (his avatar), and Facing the Giants. :thumbsup:

They are in one place, The Stadium Wall. On a day like today, when the bills for the thousandth time pull this **** on their fans, there should be life sucks, I hate the Bills, cry baby threads. There should be lots of them.

Anything but blind worship of the FO here will get you ripped on.

Best football movie was Necessary Roughness.

Forgot about that one....loved it :thumbsup: Kathy Ireland never looked hotter :wallbash:

The Replacements was pretty good, too.

Hey, maybe this is the year the Bills head into training camp with all of us fans saying, "this year is a complete waste, no reason to get excited". Then all of a sudden, the Bills start 4-0, then 8-2, then 10-4 looking to go into the playoffs with a first round bye..............

Sorry, I just woke up.

When my friend that I share season tickets with asked me if I was going to re-up after the season, I told him of course. The Bills were then trying to lure Shanahan, Cowher, Gruden and Billick to lead this team. Since then the likes of Marty Schott, Brian Schott, Grimm and Harbaugh have said thanks, but no thanks to this team. I have never been embarrassed or ashamed to be a Bills fan until yesterday on my way home to Rochester from Utica when I heard on the radio that Jim Harbaugh turned the Bills down. That was what I thought was rock bottom until today when I hear that Chan Gailey is all but the new HC of my beloved Buffalo Bills. WHAT!!! Are you kidding me? This is Jauron all over. Another clueless puppet on the sidelines who needs to be checked every 10 minutes for a !@#$ing pulse. THIS IS THE BOTTOM!!!!

I will not renew my season tickets and will not purchase any Bills merchandise until this team is competitive again. I think I will have plenty of time to save my money. Chan FREAKING Gailey??? Unbelievable, or no excuse me, this is unBILLievable. But in all reality it is BILLievable. Until Ralph is taking a dirt nap, there is absolutely NO HOPE for this team.

Anyone who wants to say I was never a true Bills fan if I think this way, is a complete idiot. I have been a lifelong Bills fan through thick and thin and this is the worst I have ever seen it. To have so many coaches say no, they have no interest in coaching this team, that in itself is a complete embarrassment to me as a Bills fan. I am still a Bills fan, but only from the couch in my home.

A big F YOU to RW and the Bills franchise. You have ruined what football means to the hard working blue collar WNYers. I am disgusted. Just one fans opinion.

I'll drink to that! :D

:wallbash: Ralph. :thumbsup:

But even though they suck & it doesn't look as if there is any hope, it's still fun slammin' Ralph, & ya never know! :worthy:

Hey, maybe this is the year the Bills head into training camp with all of us fans saying, "this year is a complete waste, no reason to get excited". Then all of a sudden, the Bills start 4-0, then 8-2, then 10-4 looking to go into the playoffs with a first round bye..............

Sorry, I just woke up.

Well shiit, dude, I just said that exact same thing like a few posts ago...get ur own material!! :thumbsup:

Well shiit, dude, I just said that exact same thing like a few posts ago...get ur own material!! :thumbsup:

Wow, I guess so. With all these images of another lifeless coach on the Bills sidelines, it's very hard for me to decipher everything I am reading. I am losing it.

Can we just put all the whiney, life sucks, I hate the Bills, cry baby threads in one place?

I agree. What a bunch of babies on this board.

It's bad enough that our team sucks. It makes it even tougher to be a fan with kitty fans like ours.

And just think... winter is a long, looooong way from being over up there.

We're all Bills fans and obviously too tied to them to turn our backs; even though we all might think about it a lot nowadays. Maybe the answer is for all of us to get a side piece team. Some team in the NFC that we can root for when it does not directly affect the Bills fortunes. Just for the sake of sanity. I've never been able to root for multiple teams in one professional sports league and never understood people who have multiple "favorite" teams. But I'm starting to get it. OBD gives us bad product continuously. We deserve better for our time and money.

Root for the Saints this year. At least the Bills have been to 4 Super Bowls. Saints joined NFL in 1967 and have never made it.

Until Ralph is taking a dirt nap, there is absolutely NO HOPE for this team.

Been saying that for years, and I get flamed for it.

Actually, I'm much more partial to a coma-like state where he would technically still own the Bills and someone else (Mary Wilson?) would take over as a nominal CEO. They can keep people alive in comas for years. Then there would actually be a chance this team would be run like a 21st century NFL franchise.

For the record, I am overwhelmingly ambivalent about the expected Gailey hire, just as I was for DJ. Gailey and Nix have a very short leash vis-a-vis my intentions of actually giving a crap about the Bills and the NFL.