After 35 years of being a Bills fan

Rayzer32

I'm not excited about it, but I'm willing to give the guy a chance. What choice do we have? Even if I wanted to become a fan of another team, that's just not possible. I love the Bills for better or worse....til death do us part.

I've found myself pretty optimistic almost every offseason this past decade, only to get kicked in the nuts by the team time after time. Maybe this offseason there will be absolutely NOTHING to get excited about, but the team will actually play well and make the playoffs?

Last opffseason I was completely deflated and void of hope.

I was so looking forward to Frazier or even Fewell.

Now, I am re0void with hope.

This is a terrible hire, Nix is an alzheimic ahole.

RW is clearly an old school racist.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a few beers and relax. It will be better by August.

Yeah, but then we'll all start saying it's only preseason. They never show their hand in preseason; they want to keep it vanilla. Then September will start and we'll need alot more beers.

A big F YOU to RW and the Bills franchise. You have ruined what football means to the hard working blue collar WNYers. I am disgusted. Just one fans opinion.

I know the feeling! I can't give up on them anymore than you can, even if I am angry. That's why blogs exist so we can vent to each other. I won't be purchasing tickets till they prove to us fans they can win also.

But, I am not going to dish Gailey just because of some peoples perceptions. He was 11-5 for two seasons with Dallas and a very good OC in Pittsburg and Miami. He also was a successful head coach in college. I won't get giddy over this but I do not believe this is the same as the Jauron hiring or anyone else the past 10 years. This man reminds me more of , hmmmm, Wade Philips. We did go to two playoff games in three years with Wade then fired him.

Let us all take a deep breath and see how this plays out. This is our Bills unfortunately till a new owner is in place. Then everything will be up in the air so I will at least enjoy the unknown in this coach selection just like I did when the Bills hired Levy from the CFL. I remember very clearly that I was excited about the Bills but very disappointed in that hiring, who knew!

I am not a fan of RW's decsion making recently but understand that a 91 year old man won't do the same things someone that has ten years to wait will do. He wants one last chance to see the Bills to the playoffs quickly. A total overhaul would take 4-5 years to build top to bottom.

Look for a veteran QB to be signed as a freeagent, say someone like Carr. One more QB drafted 3-4 round. We will then let them battle it out in camp. We draft a LT and OLB, 1 and 2 in either order. Get a veteran backup running back and WR and see where it takes us. We could compete on the lines of a Miami or Jets the past 2 years with some luck. Heck we were just short of being 8-8 with some luck this year, it didn't even look good enough to be 6-10 yet we were.

Hold some hope, it may not be as bad as it looks. Also learn to yell GO SABRES!!!!!! :thumbsup:

RW is clearly an old school racist.

As I hate to admit this, but I too think Ralph is a racist. Ted Cotrell should have been HC of this team years ago. Now that Fewell was interim HC, I think Ralph is cleared on the Rooney Rule, as they interviewed him after the season. I would rather have seen Frazier here over Gailey. What else leads me to this belief, is the fact of how many black QBs have the Bills passed over via trade, FA or draft? Might not be many, but they seem to have avoided them. It seems kinda obvious to me. Get over it Ralph, it's a new era you senile old puke.

My father took me to games in our season tickets at the rockpile from 1962 on. I remember the famous Titans game where we had the glass beer bottles thrown onto the field and at the players because of their poor performance....geeee maybe we should allow glass beer bottles in the stands again. Ralph has only cared about his control and his pocketbook since the AFL days and it is now more of the same. Remember he not only ran Lou Saban out of town but also ran perhaps the greatest running back ever (COOKIE) out for Billy Joe. Woe...I mean wow. Talk about inspired moves. Yes they did beat the Chargers in San Diego after the trade but it was mostly because the defense was intact and totally dominant....after all this time, we cannot ever expect inspired moves by Ralph...we can expect insipid.

So we either accept the existential nature of the whole thing and accept the absurd and live with it...or move on.

One last thing. If Ralph really cared about the franchise and "keeping ity in Buffalo" wouldn't he have a plan in place already to assure its long term status? Seems to me the easiest thing for a 91 year old who still thinks he is immortal to do is do nothing...just a question :thumbsup::cry:

One last thing. If Ralph really cared about the franchise and "keeping ity in Buffalo" wouldn't he have a plan in place already to assure its long term status? Seems to me the easiest thing for a 91 year old who still thinks he is immortal to do is do nothing...just a question :thumbsup::cry:

We dont know if he does or doesnt just like we dont know if Chan is the man or not. No news conference is scheduled

When my friend that I share season tickets with asked me if I was going to re-up after the season, I told him of course. The Bills were then trying to lure Shanahan, Cowher, Gruden and Billick to lead this team. Since then the likes of Marty Schott, Brian Schott, Grimm and Harbaugh have said thanks, but no thanks to this team. I have never been embarrassed or ashamed to be a Bills fan until yesterday on my way home to Rochester from Utica when I heard on the radio that Jim Harbaugh turned the Bills down. That was what I thought was rock bottom until today when I hear that Chan Gailey is all but the new HC of my beloved Buffalo Bills. WHAT!!! Are you kidding me? This is Jauron all over. Another clueless puppet on the sidelines who needs to be checked every 10 minutes for a !@#$ing pulse. THIS IS THE BOTTOM!!!!

I will not renew my season tickets and will not purchase any Bills merchandise until this team is competitive again. I think I will have plenty of time to save my money. Chan FREAKING Gailey??? Unbelievable, or no excuse me, this is unBILLievable. But in all reality it is BILLievable. Until Ralph is taking a dirt nap, there is absolutely NO HOPE for this team.

Anyone who wants to say I was never a true Bills fan if I think this way, is a complete idiot. I have been a lifelong Bills fan through thick and thin and this is the worst I have ever seen it. To have so many coaches say no, they have no interest in coaching this team, that in itself is a complete embarrassment to me as a Bills fan. I am still a Bills fan, but only from the couch in my home.

A big F YOU to RW and the Bills franchise. You have ruined what football means to the hard working blue collar WNYers. I am disgusted. Just one fans opinion.

I've been a Bills fan since 1968. Remember one thing......this is entertainment. Enjoy it. If you don't choose another entertainment.

My father took me to games in our season tickets at the rockpile from 1962 on. I remember the famous Titans game where we had the glass beer bottles thrown onto the field and at the players because of their poor performance....geeee maybe we should allow glass beer bottles in the stands again. Ralph has only cared about his control and his pocketbook since the AFL days and it is now more of the same. Remember he not only ran Lou Saban out of town but also ran perhaps the greatest running back ever (COOKIE) out for Billy Joe. Woe...I mean wow. Talk about inspired moves. Yes they did beat the Chargers in San Diego after the trade but it was mostly because the defense was intact and totally dominant....after all this time, we cannot ever expect inspired moves by Ralph...we can expect insipid.

So we either accept the existential nature of the whole thing and accept the absurd and live with it...or move on.

You don't know whether he has a succession plan in place. If I were Ralph, I wouldn't let anyone know about the plan.

You're right about one thing: It may be time for some fans to move on.

I know the feeling! I can't give up on them anymore than you can, even if I am angry. That's why blogs exist so we can vent to each other. I won't be purchasing tickets till they prove to us fans they can win also.

But, I am not going to dish Gailey just because of some peoples perceptions. He was 11-5 for two seasons with Dallas and a very good OC in Pittsburg and Miami. He also was a successful head coach in college. I won't get giddy over this but I do not believe this is the same as the Jauron hiring or anyone else the past 10 years. This man reminds me more of , hmmmm, Wade Philips. We did go to two playoff games in three years with Wade then fired him.

Let us all take a deep breath and see how this plays out. This is our Bills unfortunately till a new owner is in place. Then everything will be up in the air so I will at least enjoy the unknown in this coach selection just like I did when the Bills hired Levy from the CFL. I remember very clearly that I was excited about the Bills but very disappointed in that hiring, who knew!

I am not a fan of RW's decsion making recently but understand that a 91 year old man won't do the same things someone that has ten years to wait will do. He wants one last chance to see the Bills to the playoffs quickly. A total overhaul would take 4-5 years to build top to bottom.

Look for a veteran QB to be signed as a freeagent, say someone like Carr. One more QB drafted 3-4 round. We will then let them battle it out in camp. We draft a LT and OLB, 1 and 2 in either order. Get a veteran backup running back and WR and see where it takes us. We could compete on the lines of a Miami or Jets the past 2 years with some luck. Heck we were just short of being 8-8 with some luck this year, it didn't even look good enough to be 6-10 yet we were.

Hold some hope, it may not be as bad as it looks. Also learn to yell GO SABRES!!!!!! :thumbsup:

he went 10-6 and 8-8 with dallas in two years and managed to score only 17 points in two playoff games, one in which they were heavily favored.

He was pretty much 7-5 every year in college....if thats success for you ..

When my friend that I share season tickets with asked me if I was going to re-up after the season, I told him of course. The Bills were then trying to lure Shanahan, Cowher, Gruden and Billick to lead this team. Since then the likes of Marty Schott, Brian Schott, Grimm and Harbaugh have said thanks, but no thanks to this team. I have never been embarrassed or ashamed to be a Bills fan until yesterday on my way home to Rochester from Utica when I heard on the radio that Jim Harbaugh turned the Bills down. That was what I thought was rock bottom until today when I hear that Chan Gailey is all but the new HC of my beloved Buffalo Bills. WHAT!!! Are you kidding me? This is Jauron all over. Another clueless puppet on the sidelines who needs to be checked every 10 minutes for a !@#$ing pulse. THIS IS THE BOTTOM!!!!

I will not renew my season tickets and will not purchase any Bills merchandise until this team is competitive again. I think I will have plenty of time to save my money. Chan FREAKING Gailey??? Unbelievable, or no excuse me, this is unBILLievable. But in all reality it is BILLievable. Until Ralph is taking a dirt nap, there is absolutely NO HOPE for this team.

Anyone who wants to say I was never a true Bills fan if I think this way, is a complete idiot. I have been a lifelong Bills fan through thick and thin and this is the worst I have ever seen it. To have so many coaches say no, they have no interest in coaching this team, that in itself is a complete embarrassment to me as a Bills fan. I am still a Bills fan, but only from the couch in my home.

Well said dude. My feelings exactly. I didn't think it could get worse than it has been over the past decade, but it is rock bottom now. I like you and many thousands of other, decades long diehard Bills fans, are finding it very difficult to give a crap now. For all my adult life and the majority of my youth, the Bills have been a huge part of my life, my house is a shrine to Jim Kelly and the Buffalo Bills. I have made the trip from Virginia to New York every summer for over a decade just to attend training camp. I can't take this lack of effort to win, being a joke in the eyes of the rest of the NFL. I know you get posts from other people on the board who will say "Don't let the door hit you on the way out", but you know what, you clueless, prideless individuals who want to stay on that side of the door and give your hard earned money to Ralph, so he in no way whatsoever uses that money to put a winner on the field or a "Real Coach" on the sidelines, you go for it.

The idiocy @ One Bills Drive will not stop until proper football people are put in place to run the organization. Should have known the second Nix was hired that clueless decisions on staff would soon follow. Well, this is the start of future futility.

Can we just put all the whiney, life sucks, I hate the Bills, cry baby threads in one place?

I think there are A LOT of fans who are done whistling past the graveyard, especially after the promise of big change was made.

All they did was reshuffle a couple of chairs on the deck.

The idiocy @ One Bills Drive will not stop until proper football people are put in place to run the organization. Should have known the second Nix was hired that clueless decisions on staff would soon follow. Well, this is the start of future futility.

It isn't a start of futility, just a continuation of the proud tradition of futility at One Bills Drive.