SABRES ARE MONEY$$$

Buffalo 66

Chan Gailey, Ralph wilson, Russ Brandon Whatever who needs them? The Sabres got it going on, so the hell with the bills, forget about them, eveyone else has, this is a great city and the Sabres CAN bring us a championship, so support them, they are for REAL. Be happy!

In first place overall, with a VERY balanced team, the best goalie in the game at present, and great talent ready to be utilized in Portland...plus Coach Ruff; if there was ever a time for optimisim this is it.

Go Sabres!

FU, Nix!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya... But their management sucks... They got rid of DB and CD years ago!

:thumbsup::wallbash:

"and people put down the front office of the sabres...mainly reiger!

that is sad."

I never did... NEVER. I said that even after the 2007 season. The only one wish I have is that we never let go Marty, but he was DB's buddy anyway.

In first place overall, with a VERY balanced team, the best goalie in the game at present, and great talent ready to be utilized in Portland...plus Coach Ruff; if there was ever a time for optimisim this is it.

Go Sabres!

FU, Nix!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It really is all Ruff at times... As much as I have been on a rollercoaster about possibly having to get a new coach... Would any coach get as much out of players as Ruff does. He is quite a commodity. I so deparately want a SC with him behind the bench! I feel time may be running out and that is unfair... Sadly unfair.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves Sabre fans...

Yeah, I'm enjoying the ride but realistically don't expect them to get past Crosby come playoff time. Even if they ended up top seeded by a significant margin. They had their truly golden opportunity when they lost to Carolina in the conference finals. Now there is a two-time conference champ lead by a young superstar......until proven otherwise everyone else is playing for second place in the East. Really can't be upset about it, the NHL is all about superstars and dynasties.

But imagine if the Sabres had gotten Crosby(or even Ovechkin). Damn lottery. The Bills would be an afterthought.

Sabres have actually had a pretty poor track record of drafting first rounders. They just happened to have hit on Tyler Myers :thumbsup:

@ 6-7 or so... It is hard not to. Just wait to see how the game transforms when bigger players start hitting the ice. That is once they have been taught to skate early on.

Just imagine if a team can get an agile big goalie... One that doesn't go into football... They would literally plug the net.

IMO, I see it as good and bad. Bad, because the ice will get smaller and smaller and the goals harder to come by with 5 on 5.

Tyler himself said that if he would have never moved to Alberta from Houston, he would have ended up playing football or something other than hockey. He has got quite a stride.

Big guys are only the tip of the iceberg.

Yeah, I'm enjoying the ride but realistically don't expect them to get past Crosby come playoff time. Even if they ended up top seeded by a significant margin. They had their truly golden opportunity when they lost to Carolina in the conference finals. Now there is a two-time conference champ lead by a young superstar......until proven otherwise everyone else is playing for second place in the East. Really can't be upset about it, the NHL is all about superstars and dynasties.

But imagine if the Sabres had gotten Crosby(or even Ovechkin). Damn lottery. The Bills would be an afterthought.

Or even Kane in the summer of '06. They did try and make a deal with Dale Tallon (GM) of the Blackhawks.

The Sabres do have Tyler Myers. He looks like the best defensemen we've ever had and a future Norris Trophy winner.

Plus Ryan Miller is currently the best goalie in the NHL.

So the Sabres do have some stars.

Our superstar is Ryan Miller. We got one.

The balance on the rest of the team, plus guys getting called up and scoring in their first NHL game etc., bodes extremely well.

I see a Buffalo tour for the SC this year!

I see no hope whatsoever for the Bills. What the hell are they doing anyway? Man is it sad.

Chan Gailey, Ralph wilson, Russ Brandon Whatever who needs them? The Sabres got it going on, so the hell with the bills, forget about them, eveyone else has, this is a great city and the Sabres CAN bring us a championship, so support them, they are for REAL. Be happy!

Yippee. Too bad the Sabres don't play football. When will these ridiculous comparisons between the most popular sports league in America and a third tier regional sport end? :thumbsup:

Yippee. Too bad the Sabres don't play football. When will these ridiculous comparisons between the most popular sports league in America and a third tier regional sport end? :thumbsup:

When the Bills don't hire idiots like Nix, and then losers like Gailey.

I hate to sound flippant but someone needs to test Nix for the onset of alzheimers.

Our superstar is Ryan Miller. We got one.

The balance on the rest of the team, plus guys getting called up and scoring in their first NHL game etc., bodes extremely well.

I see a Buffalo tour for the SC this year!

I see no hope whatsoever for the Bills. What the hell are they doing anyway? Man is it sad.

Not that I mind having a goaltender as a star... That is always nice. But man, even the best between the pipes can get sketchy at times... ESPECIALLY during the playoffs.

Crosby is one person and he no way near the "Next Great One" He is a good player and great at times but not always special. He lets his emotions get the best of him and crys like a whore paid in pennies. The rest of that team is not playing well and the chemistry is not there.

One or two trades to get some more scoring power (trade Vanek)... And we got a shot!

Ya... But their management sucks... They got rid of DB and CD years ago!

"and people put down the front office of the sabres...mainly reiger!

that is sad."

I never did... NEVER. I said that even after the 2007 season. The only one wish I have is that we never let go Marty, but he was DB's buddy anyway.

They did destory a Cup Contender in the middle of what could have been a great run with stupidity. I like how they're playing but it's January. In the insanely long hockey season, there is a very long time to go. I fear they don't have enough scoring.

I think we will see the last coach hired of the Buffalo Bills that we know today. This team is sad and we are haunted by a owner who is lost his mind back in the early 90's. They will be gone after this next disaster.

This team will never get back to being a contender. Lots of fans do not have that passion for the Bills anymore and after the FA period, you will see people bail for the door. There will be no Owens to save the day for the season ticket holders. Yeah, the Bills sell out, so what? Most people go for the gameday parties and to get railed.

Same crap, different year. I quit buying into it after the whole Doug Flutie playoff situation. Ralph should not own this team, bottom line. Nobody wants to manage, coach, or play for the Buffalo Bills.

A sad situation and not fair for the people and fans of this team. Most loyal fanbase in the NFL and it would wreck the city if they left. I think its a dead situation anymore and this coaching situation is straight moronic. Ralph said he was going to open his pocketbook for a coach? Id like to see those offers!

It really is all Ruff at times... As much as I have been on a rollercoaster about possibly having to get a new coach... Would any coach get as much out of players as Ruff does. He is quite a commodity. I so deparately want a SC with him behind the bench! I feel time may be running out and that is unfair... Sadly unfair.

What I like about Ruff is that he changes with the game and is creative. He has become a master of his trade over the years by being open to new concepts much in the same way Bilichick constantly seeks new concepts and approaches. That says a lot about him. He also knows how to get the most out of the talent that he has on his team.

What I like about Ruff is that he changes with the game and is creative. He has become a master of his trade over the years by being open to new concepts much in the same way Bilichick constantly seeks new concepts and approaches. That says a lot about him. He also knows how to get the most out of the talent that he has on his team.

Exactly! I really don't want him gone... I am afraid not winning it all soon, things will have to change. He can be coach forever (even not winning) and I would be happy. He really is not the problem and never will be.

They did destory a Cup Contender in the middle of what could have been a great run with stupidity. I like how they're playing but it's January. In the insanely long hockey season, there is a very long time to go. I fear they don't have enough scoring.

Again... I said it a long time ago... Something wasn't right. I don't think personally DB and CD were on board as leaders for the long haul. There is much more than we really know.

I agree to disagree... It had to be done. I can't give you a reason... All I can say, I just didn't have the same vibe as you or others that scream at management about what happened.

Again... I said it a long time ago... Something wasn't right. I don't think personally DB and CD were on board as leaders for the long haul. There is much more than we really know.

I agree to disagree... It had to be done. I can't give you a reason... All I can say, I just didn't have the same vibe as you or others that scream at management about what happened.

They completely screw that up and missed a great shot at teh Cup. That said, they done a good job puttign this team together and admitting their previous mistakes (signing back Grier, not stupidly wanting until the start of FAcy to talk about a contract).

They completely screw that up and missed a great shot at teh Cup. That said, they done a good job puttign this team together and admitting their previous mistakes (signing back Grier, not stupidly wanting until the start of FAcy to talk about a contract).

The sabres are a well run organization.

They could not comopete with Philly and other big spending clubs so we took our knocks and lost Drury and Briere over one off season.

And the GM and coach re-vamped with the style of players we had, added some good guys, drafted well, signed the BEST player we had then (or now) to a good contract, and, waalaa, we are on top again.

This is good team management.

BTW neither Drury or Briere has blossomed into a true star since.

Crosby is one person and he no way near the "Next Great One" He is a good player and great at times but not always special. He lets his emotions get the best of him and crys like a whore paid in pennies. The rest of that team is not playing well and the chemistry is not there.

One or two trades to get some more scoring power (trade Vanek)... And we got a shot!

The Pens slump like this every year and if you think Sid is just a good player then you are a fool and a half.

The best or maybe 2nd best player in the league is 'good'??

Briere and Drury are signed to disgusting contracts that far exceed their value to their respective teams.

KUDOS to Darcy for not signing Briere to a 7 year 50 million dollar deal that would have cost us Vanek or maybe Miller.

They both got what the market would bear and good for them.

Now Drury is just an aging mid level performer, and Briere is no question, a huge dissappointment for Philly fans. We stung them TWICE, they also got to pay a first rounder and huge bucks to the ex Buffalo player, Jason Peters.

Beef on weck>philly chees steak. That's 3!

Why not? First place in the conference. And we deserve some fun.

/This first-year season tix holder is having a LOT of fun.

Yes, they are a fun team to watch this year, but (and I am not sure how old you are) but I don't think any Sabres fan needs to be reminded that the regular season and the playoffs are two different games in the NHL.

This team definitely has some talent, and they have a bit more mental toughness than we have seen in the last couple of seasons, but, I hate to say it, throughout Sabres history, the thing that has killed some very good squads, is an inability to get scoring when they need it most. You have to be able to score in the playoffs... or, Miller has to be at his very best (as he has been more often than not this season) night in night out, come the second season... that hasn't always happened.

It will be interesting to see what happens around the trade deadline with the Sabres. I happen to think Reiger is a good GM, but, like our other favorite team, he has some things working against him, organizationally.

Yes, they are a fun team to watch this year, but (and I am not sure how old you are) but I don't think any Sabres fan needs to be reminded that the regular season and the playoffs are two different games in the NHL.

This team definitely has some talent, and they have a bit more mental toughness than we have seen in the last couple of seasons, but, I hate to say it, throughout Sabres history, the thing that has killed some very good squads, is an inability to get scoring when they need it most. You have to be able to score in the playoffs... or, Miller has to be at his very best (as he has been more often than not this season) night in night out, come the second season... that hasn't always happened.

It will be interesting to see what happens around the trade deadline with the Sabres. I happen to think Reiger is a good GM, but, like our other favorite team, he has some things working against him, organizationally.

Let's hope Vanek and Pominville round into top form at the right time.

I like the kid Ellis in Portland also he seems to be able to put the puck in the net, maybe they are saving him (small frame) for late season/playoff added scoring

Only the best team in the National Hockey League...

Your buddy Devldog was born and raised in San Jose.

cool another Cali Bills fan, just like our QB Mr. Trent Edwards.

Good luck to the Sharks, until they meet the Sabres in the finals, anyway

cool another Cali Bills fan, just like our QB Mr. Trent Edwards.

Good luck to the Sharks, until they meet the Sabres in the finals, anyway

Yup. I love Cali and miss it everyday now that I am stuck in patriots* country...

But, being so close to BFLO made it possible for me to go to my first ever game at the Ralph this season. Went to the fish fry in November.

stern Conference

Team GP Pts

1. * Buffalo 47 66

2. * Washington 48 66

3. * New Jersey 47 65

4. Pittsburgh 50 61

5. Boston 48 54

6. Ottawa 50 54

7. NY Rangers 49 53

8. NY Islanders 49 52

9. Florida 49 50

10. Montreal 50 50