Woah - Bills offered HC job to Harbaugh

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So a credible source stating that Jim Harbaugh turned down the Bills HC job isn't thread worthy?

No, I wasn't saying that it shouldn't... it is worth a thread... I was more just making a comment on how crazy this whole thing is getting...nobody wants to serve as head coach in Buffalo... I just don't know what to believe any more. I have been down on this franchise for some time, but I never thought it was this hopeless.

this screams b.s.

offer guys jobs witout interviews

yeah OK

As stated in another post, these are what are sometimes called "pre-interviews" or figuratively what are called "making overtures."

There are two possible explanations:

1) The employer knows intimately of the candidate and know they want to offer that person the job, with details to be ironed out in later talks.

2) The employer makes an inquiry gauging the interest of the candidate.

Just because there wasn't a substantive sit-down interview doesn't mean that the Bills didn't have Harbaugh or Weis high on their list and that those individuals declined to interview further. Having seen these things happen in my own life experiences, I have no skepticism about the likelihood that these rejections took place.

No, I wasn't saying that it shouldn't... it is worth a thread... I was more just making a comment on how crazy this whole thing is getting...nobody wants to serve as head coach in Buffalo... I just don't know what to believe any more. I have been down on this franchise for some time, but I never thought it was this hopeless.

The Bills will be in "save face" mode really soon. They can't afford such bad PR anymore and must answer. If Frazier is willing to take the job, they can't run the risk of having another guy decline their interview request.

Cue Berchtold and Chris Brown for a CYA leak or news story. Smithers, where are you?

The Bills will be in "save face" mode really soon. They can't afford such bad PR anymore and must answer. If Frazier is willing to take the job, they can't run the risk of having another guy decline their interview request.

Cue Berchtold and Chris Brown for a CYA leak or news story. Smithers, where are you?

If I was Frazier's agent, I would tell the bills to bend over and grab their ankles when it came time to negociate a deal.

If this is true, this is a desperation move by the Bills in order to bring some excitement to the team by making a bold move. However, it backfired since Harbaugh turned down the job. This just makes things worse and now we are more desperate than before.

This is just so sad.

There are two possible explanations:

1) The employer knows intimately of the candidate and know they want to offer that person the job, with details to be ironed out in later talks.

2) The employer makes an inquiry gauging the interest of the candidate.

In my company there would be other possibilities available, such as 3) phone interview or 4) videoconference. Both are regularly done. Under either of these scenarios, a full interview (minus handshake) could be accomplished without the media being aware.

Michael Scott, the fictional caricature of Ralphie Wilson.

Remember the job fair in the gym? Yep, Dunder Mifflin Bills... Ralphie would show up with a football instead of a piece of paper.

"This here son... why this here is a football... back in the day we used to wear an onion on our belts, which was the style at the time."

If I was Frazier's agent, I would tell the bills to bend over and grab their ankles when it came time to negociate a deal.

So would I. That agent isn't worth anything unless he demands at least 5M per season and sticks it to Buffalo.

The Bills are seriously in huge trouble and must immediately move more quickly and perhaps in a different direction that they'd like. Still, based on their collective response during the fake ring ceremony, the Nix hiring PC, and not admitting DJ's new contract I'm not betting their reaction is enough to mitigate the latest report.

So would I. That agent isn't worth anything unless he demands at least 5M per season and sticks it to Buffalo.

The Bills are seriously in huge trouble and must immediately move more quickly and perhaps in a different direction that they'd like. Still, based on their collective response during the fake ring ceremony, the Nix hiring PC, and not admitting DJ's new contract I'm not betting their reaction is enough to mitigate the latest report.

I thing several of you guys are getting a little overly melodramatic,

Casserly just reported this on the NFL Today.

Stealth interview I guess.

Casserly also reported that the Seahawks offered Dungy the President's job, but he turned it down. Casserly said if Dungy would have taken the job he was planning to hire Leslie Frazier as his HC.

So he's saying that Dungy knew who he wanted to hire, even though he didn't actually want the job? This guy sounds like he's full of **** to me.

Right, like college coaches would never ignore their contract and just jump teams during recruiting season either. Man, we are getting to the point where it's 3:30 am and and the only women left in the bar are fat and toothless but look like Victoria's Secret models through the beer goggles. (Who hasn't been there at least once guys, right?) There's an anology you won't hear on TV. The Bills are going to end up with another mediocre coach and a lousy staff. Whole thing is just absurd at this point.

Casserly just reported this on the NFL Today.

Stealth interview I guess.

Casserly also reported that the Seahawks offered Dungy the President's job, but he turned it down. Casserly said if Dungy would have taken the job he was planning to hire Leslie Frazier as his HC.

u godda be kiddinggggg...

Great post. Excellent supporting argument.

Why does Casserly have no credibility to you?

I don't know if his track record is any better or worse than any of his colleagues but I know that recently he said that Brady was playing with broken ribs. Belichick flamed him. Afterwards it was found out that Brady was playing with broken ribs.

Care to back up your statement with a few examples?

I'm in the DC area and Charlie Casserly is frequently on local television.

Over the years he has been a less than credible source for breaking stories.

Just two days ago he was commenting on Washington Post Live about Gilbert Arenas.

As it turns out he was passing wrong information as he has done many times before.

I heard other reporters reporting about Dungy and the Seahawks. I have not heard anyone else but Casserly report this one about Harbaugh. I need to see it from another source before I bite when it comes from Casserly.

As of now, I don't believe it because Casserly is basically full of it.

I think the majority of the people in the DC area will feel the same way.

Don't believe Charlie Casserly -- this is just his opinion. Total bull ****. Case in point -- Tony Dungy (who had no intentions of taking the Seattle job -- but somehow already had his head coach picked out) WTF -- this is just pathetic.

I can't believe how these guys make stuff up to look credible. Stop the insanity.