Woah - Bills offered HC job to Harbaugh

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am reporting that the Bills offered their head coach, to former Bills head coach, Dick Jauron, after being rebuffed by Chuck Knox. Jauron declined... Should I start a new thread? :thumbsup:

So you don't think that a report that Harbaugh was offered and declined an interest in the Bills' job deserves its own thread?

There's lots of credence to the fact that he was near the top of their candidate list. He was not interested in the job. This is not significant?

This is a legitimate thread topic. As always with all of us...feel free not to participate.

So we offered the job to a College HC who has a losing record and his only real NFL Exp outside of being an average QB is a couple years as a QB coach?

Holy **** Ralph, Russ and Nix have no damn clue

If the Bills offered Harbaugh the HC position I would be delighted with the offer, even if he didn't accept going to a dysfunctional organization. His brother is the HC of the Ravens. Although he didn't have a long resume before accepting the job he did an excellent job. Instead of going for the retread HCs such as Jauron it is a positive sign that the Bills are willing to think outside the box and be more creative.

From what I have been reading it appears that Frazier is the leading candidate for the Bills' HC position. I would consider him to be a solid selection. The real challenge for the Bills is having the front office draft better and make more intelligent personnel decisions. Unless the talent level of the team is upgraded it doesn't matter who the HC is because success is more determined by the level of talent than any particular schemes of offense or defense.

Casserly just reported this on the NFL Today.

Stealth interview I guess.

Casserly also reported that the Seahawks offered Dungy the President's job, but he turned it down. Casserly said if Dungy would have taken the job he was planning to hire Leslie Frazier as his HC.

sorry but i just do not believe casserly

At some point the national reporters will begin to investigate why this is. Something really stinks here. I suppose we are onto plan C now.

There is no need to investigate. Everyone involved in the league knows what is going on with this bumbling franchise. You don't have to be an aggressive investigative reporter to figure out the primary cause of the chaos within the organization. Just start at the top of the organization (ownership) and you have figured out.

At some point the national reporters will begin to investigate why this is. Something really stinks here. I suppose we are onto plan C now.

I think we were on plan C a few weeks ago. We must be on about plan T by now, or are we almost starting the alphabet over with AA? It is almost like a guy with a severely contagious sexual disease asking women out and nobody wants to go near him. What a joke Ralph has turned this team into.

If the Bills offered Harbaugh the HC position I would be delighted with the offer, even if he didn't accept going to a dysfunctional organization. His brother is the HC of the Ravens. Although he didn't have a long resume before accepting the job he did an excellent job. Instead of going for the retread HCs such as Jauron it is a positive sign that the Bills are willing to think outside the box and be more creative.

From what I have been reading it appears that Frazier is the leading candidate for the Bills' HC position. I would consider him to be a solid selection. The real challenge for the Bills is having the front office draft better and make more intelligent personnel decisions. Unless the talent level of the team is upgraded it doesn't matter who the HC is because success is more determined by the level of talent than any particular schemes of offense or defense.

Could it be that Harbaugh, having just signed an extension with Stanford, decided not to pull a Lane Kiffin. Is that really an indictment of the Bills, or evidence that Jim is classier than Lane.

Darth...(sigh), you're wrong. Harbaugh's coaching record is 46-26. He turned around a horrible University of San Diego team and led them to consecutive 11-1 seasons. Then he took over the worst team in the PAC 10 and turned the program around in his third season, despite having inferior athletes.

You might consider doing a lot more reading and a lot less writing.

Ok fine, but he has no business being an NFL HC. He is NOT qualified. And how the hell did he get on the Bills list anyway?

Harbaugh would have made an excellent coach. This debacle has been by far the most embarrassing and lowest point in Buffalo History. This franchise is in real trouble.

However; Leslie Frazier is Tony Dungy's first choice for a coach.. this says alot. Sign him quickly.

Ok fine, but he has no business being an NFL HC. He is NOT qualified. And how the hell did he get on the Bills list anyway?

Harbaugh:

Was a 4 year letterman at Michigan where he was All-American his senior year. Led the nation in passing efficiency his junior year. Third in the Heisman balloting. Top five in every major Michigan passing category. Academic All-American, etc. etc. etc.

Had a 14 year NFL career, was Comeback Player of the Year, played in a Pro Bowl, and earned the nickname "Captain Comeback" for his heroic 4th quarter rallies. Played in 177 career games, starting 140 of them.

While still an NFL quarterback, for 8 seasons was an unpaid assistant to his father, Jack Harbaugh, who had a very long head coaching career at Western Kentucky and Western Michigan (117-94-3).

Was assistant coach for the Raiders in 2002-2003 when Rich Gannon won the MVP (2002).

In 2004 he took over the University of San Diego (who? exactly). They won two games before his arrival. He went 7-4, 11-1, 11-1 and developed QB Josh Johnson who was a 5th round pick of the Tampa Bay Bucs.

In 2006 became Stanford head coach. He's 17-20 in 3 seasons while coaching a (by PAC 10 standards) very undertalented team. In spite of this they finished 8-4 this season.

Stanford has beaten USC twice in Harbaugh's three years including the biggest upset in NCAA football history when they beat USC in 2007 when Stanford was a 41 point underdog.

One of the top scholastic quarterbacks, Andrew Luck, chose Stanford and started as a freshman this year. Andrew's father, Oliver Luck is a former NFL quarterback. The elder luck wanted his son to be coached by Harbaugh despite being recruited by several more prestigious programs.

In spite of being a quarterback and excellent quarterbacks coach and coordinator, Harbaugh ran a run heavy, smash-mouth offense this year to protect his porous defense

Jim's brother John Harbaugh, despite being a special teams coach, was hired as the Baltimore Ravens head coach and has compiled a 20-12 regular season record with 2 playoff appearances in 2 seasons.

Jim Harbaugh was raised to be a football player and after his playing days ended, to be a head football coach. There is hardly anyone associated with big time football who doesn't think that he'll be a very successful NFL head coach someday.

Harbaugh:

Was a 4 year letterman at Michigan where he was All-American his senior year. Led the nation in passing efficiency his junior year. Third in the Heisman balloting. Top five in every major Michigan passing category. Academic All-American, etc. etc. etc.

Had a 14 year NFL career, was Comeback Player of the Year, played in a Pro Bowl, and earned the nickname "Captain Comeback" for his heroic 4th quarter rallies. Played in 177 career games, starting 140 of them.

While still an NFL quarterback, for 8 seasons was an unpaid assistant to his father, Jack Harbaugh, who had a very long head coaching career at Western Kentucky and Western Michigan (117-94-3).

Was assistant coach for the Raiders in 2002-2003 when Rich Gannon won the MVP (2002).

In 2004 he took over the University of San Diego (who? exactly). They won two games before his arrival. He went 7-4, 11-1, 11-1 and developed QB Josh Johnson who was a 5th round pick of the Tampa Bay Bucs.

In 2006 became Stanford head coach. He's 17-20 in 3 seasons while coaching a (by PAC 10 standards) very undertalented team. In spite of this they finished 8-4 this season.

Stanford has beaten USC twice in Harbaugh's three years including the biggest upset in NCAA football history when they beat USC in 2007 when Stanford was a 41 point underdog.

One of the top scholastic quarterbacks, Andrew Luck, chose Stanford and started as a freshman this year. Andrew's father, Oliver Luck is a former NFL quarterback. The elder luck wanted his son to be coached by Harbaugh despite being recruited by several more prestigious programs.

In spite of being a quarterback and excellent quarterbacks coach and coordinator, Harbaugh ran a run heavy, smash-mouth offense this year to protect his porous defense

Jim's brother John Harbaugh, despite being a special teams coach, was hired as the Baltimore Ravens head coach and has compiled a 20-12 regular season record with 2 playoff appearances in 2 seasons.

Jim Harbaugh was raised to be a football player and after his playing days ended, to be a head football coach. There is hardly anyone associated with big time football who doesn't think that he'll be a very successful NFL head coach someday.

Again, he needs to spend more time coaching in the NFL, not college, to be ready to be a HC in the NFL. But I guess it doesn't matter since he has turned us down now does it?

sorry but i just do not believe casserly

That is certainly your right.

Still, Casserly said that he had sources and felt comfortable in saying that the Bills had offered Harbaugh the job. One would hope that a story like that would be run by the producers and based on what they had, there was agreement to air it. Those little news segments aren't just a scramble drill where they make up a bunch of poop off the top of their heads to fill a few seconds between the more important commercials.

Beat me to it. No mention of Frazier except for the tidbit that when Dungy was considering Seattle GM job he wanted to hire Frazier as his head coach. He definitely seems to have the current momentum for our gig. I'm frankly hoping Grimm isn't interested.

Dungy is STILL under contract for the Colts so he can't possibly consider any job with another team until his current contact expires.

This was made known on the NFL network this week when it was mentioned that Seattle was interested in Dungy for GM and he responded that he couldn't even TALK with them because he is STILL under contract.

There was also talk that the Colts could pursue a tampering charge because Seattle openly contacted Dungy, and by NFL rules they cannot speak with him unless they ask permission from the Colts.

I had no idea he was interviewed. I live in the Bay Area and that kind of thing would have made the news out here. It must have been super down low. I wonder if it wasn't just an invite to interview? Harbaugh might have made a good coach. He get his day i nthe NFL if he keeps up his current record of success. I do agree that his decision to stay speaks volumes of his character. He didn't pull a Kiffin or a Saban. I liked him when he played in the NFL and he is well regarded out here in the Bay Area for how he turned Stanford around.