A theory on why JP was thrown into NE game

PromoTheRobot

There have been some disturbing rumours as to why JP Losman is not "ready" to play in the NFL. His leg is apparently healed, but there is talk that JP is not making the mental effort, or taking the challenge before him seriously enough to suit the Bills coaching staff.

How much you want to bet Coach Mullarkey decided to "slap JP upside the head" by throwing him to the wolves in New England? A little 5-minute wake-up call to introduce Mr. Losman to how the game is played in the NFL? It could have been a way to get JP's attention, and impress upon him his need to apply himself.

What do you all think?

PTR

not a defense but...

he's been injured

he's third on the depth chart

his head coach and general manager remind us all every week that Drew is not the problem and will not be replaced

i love the bills, but years ago i discovered the peace that comes from being a fair weather fan. i'm not going to lose sleep over crappy decisions made at one bills drive.

There have been some disturbing rumours as to why JP Losman is not "ready" to play in the NFL.  His leg is apparently healed, but there is talk that JP is not making the mental effort, or taking the challenge before him seriously enough to suit the Bills coaching staff.

How much you want to bet Coach Mullarkey decided to "slap JP upside the head" by throwing him to the wolves in New England?  A little 5-minute wake-up call to introduce Mr. Losman to how the game is played in the NFL?  It could have been a way to get JP's attention, and impress upon him his need to apply himself.

What do you all think?

PTR

128301[/snapback]

I thought he took DB out because "they shoot horses don't they."

and where did these "disturbing rumors" come from????

128318[/snapback]

JP's post-game comments. "It's time to take this seriously. I have to be able to go out there and not screw up."

I don't remember the exact quote, but he also said something along the lines of "I don't know when my number will be called, so I have to know the plays, pay attention, and be ready."

Guest Guest_buftex_*

I have heard the same "disturbing rumours" about JP's attention to detail, and my source tells me, that this may have been a reccomendation by Sam Wyche. My source, for what it is worth, is a sibling of a very good friend of mine, who has worked at One Bills drive for a number of years. Take it for what it is worth. I hear lots of stuff, sometimes I doubt it, but later, in retrospect, it always seems that the source is accurate. Okay, flame away!

That is exactly what I thought it was all about. this is what I said last week:

Have you ever considered that his disregard for his injury now (putting it behind him) and his itching to get out there (and lack of sleep over it) is exactly the result MM intended?

IMHO MM threw him out there specifically to shock him. Welcome to the big leagues kid - anything can happen at any time - better be ready from now on. I'm wondering if there was some issue a la McGahee where they felt they needed to give him a jolt of reality. Regardless of what you think - I think it is obvious JP is better off for the experience - he has a fire and desire to prove himself that simply wasn't there before.

Wake up call

There have been some disturbing rumours as to why JP Losman is not "ready" to play in the NFL.  His leg is apparently healed, but there is talk that JP is not making the mental effort, or taking the challenge before him seriously enough to suit the Bills coaching staff.

How much you want to bet Coach Mullarkey decided to "slap JP upside the head" by throwing him to the wolves in New England?  A little 5-minute wake-up call to introduce Mr. Losman to how the game is played in the NFL?  It could have been a way to get JP's attention, and impress upon him his need to apply himself.

What do you all think?

PTR

128301[/snapback]

Kilgore thought the same:

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=24571

Interesting, I posted this theory a few days ago. I was just guessing at motives and now these reports are all over the place. I think people are ripping off ideas here and re-using them elsewhere.

Check the logs if you dont believe me.

129620[/snapback]

No need to check the logs since obviously not knowing the real facts about what is going on (not i do not know the real facts either) has not stopped many posters from throwing out concepts on the board like JP must start now or that MM screwed up by throwing him to the wolves.

It is simply amusing that some don't see the contradiction is both arguing that JP is ready to go as a contributing Bill now and the he needs to time, preparation and teaching to be reasonably expected to contribute to the Bills.

I also had the unsupported theory that he was thrown into the game to teach him what Billy Joe Hobert failed to learn that you must be prepared to play any time you don the uniform and being prepared to play means:

1. Learn NFL offenses and defenses.

2. Get your mechanics down.

3. Practice, practice, practice, it can never replace playing but it can augment playing big time.

I hope that JP has used the "gift" of getting injured to follow Sam Wyche around like a lap dog and have Sam download his knowledge to JP. The injury gave him an opportunity unfettered by preparing himself to lead men and also to yuck it up with the boys on the sidelines to improve his game in a way all rookies must improve their games on the way to becoming a vet.

I hope he didn't need it, but the wake-up call theory sounds pretty legit to me.

What do you all think?

128301[/snapback]

i've considered that as a possibility. at first i was incredulous that MM put JP in the game, particularly since he had been telling all of us that he isn't healthy. but the "wake-up-call" theory holds some water. i wonder if JP wasn't on the sideline yucking it up with some other backup or rookie during the blowout, MM looked over and saw him, and it just pissed him off. perhaps JP hasn't been focused in meetings, knowing he's the 3rd string "emergency" guy.

the bottom line is that there is so much going on behind closed doors that we will never know. we all have our opinions that are based solely upon the small portion of activity that we see and hear.

unless someone has all the facts, it's all speculation. but i like the theory.

What do you all think?

PTR

128301[/snapback]

I think that if the MM 'throw him to the wolves' theory is true or if he did for any other reason or for no reason at all, MM has a thin grasp on what is required to hold his job. JP rebreaks his leg in that 5 minutes, MM's HC career is over.