Current DraftTek Simulator Mock

Astrobot

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Odrick or Colt McCoy in the first- I would be sick myself! And Jevon Snead sucks too IMO. Draft BPA- not for need!

Suh, Gerald McCoy, Okung, Berry, McClain at 9 or trade down IMO. (no **** that Suh or McCoy will not be there at 9)

DraftTek Simulator

The Bills then choose

9 Buffalo Jared Odrick DT43 Penn State

41 Buffalo Selvish Capers OT West Virginia

72 Buffalo *Michael Morgan OLB43 USC

104 Buffalo *Jevan Snead QB Mississippi

Then Go DE, OG, TE in the late rounds. Please comment.

The more I think about it Astro, the more I want best available offensive player early in this draft. I see you guys have been dropping the OT's down your board, but I'm okay if we go OT then OT then QB or wr or rb. If we pick up a fa player on offense (hopefully qb), then maybe we can sneak some defense up there, but otherwise all offense all the time.

DraftTek Simulator

The Bills then choose

That would be a horrible draft IMO.

The combine is going to shake up the draft boards big time like it does every year. So mocks before the combine are pretty much just for fun. BUT I would like to see Buffalo trade down I mean if Buffalo can get an extra second but still pick somewhere between the 14-17 slot I would be happy. The Bills have a lot of needs going into the draft if they can get a mid 1st and 2 second round picks it can go a long way to help the team fill needs.

To me I would like to see the Bills trade down to lets say pick 16 and pick up an extra second. Then take the best LT available at pick 16. Then go out and invest the next 3 picks (The 2 seconds and a early third) into the defensive front 7. To me if that were to happen I would be very happy with that draft.

Your trade down strategy makes a lot of sense, especially for a team with a lot of needs. But every year it gets more difficult to trade down because more teams value their picks and more teams are very cost conscious and reluctant to move up and spend more money on a player who is drafted higher.

The Bills have a lot of needs but they have to come up with a OT who can play right away and they have to come out of this draft with a bulkier DT who can help stop the run. The Bills are not going to fill all their numerous needs in one draft. But what they desperately need more than anything else is assembling a credible OL which will give our offense a chance to function at a reasonable level.

Your trade down strategy makes a lot of sense, especially for a team with a lot of needs. But every year it gets more difficult to trade down because more teams value their picks and more teams are very cost conscious and reluctant to move up and spend more money on a player who is drafted higher.

The Bills have a lot of needs but they have to come up with a OT who can play right away and they have to come out of this draft with a bulkier DT who can help stop the run. The Bills are not going to fill all their numerous needs in one draft. But what they desperately need more than anything else is assembling a credible OL which will give our offense a chance to function at a reasonable level.

Yeah very few want to trade up giving up picks to pay more for a player. BUT the way I look at it is at pick 9 we are very flexible because if there is still an elite player available that we don't have a need for (Lets just say Eric Berry) or a player that some team falls in love with (Tim Tebow) then I see a scenario in which we can trade down and pick up an extra second or 3rd round pick.

I would love for there to be a trade down but its likely not to happen so I say draft McClain or a LT at the 9 spot. Now if you draft McClain at pick 9 we need to go and trade up into the backend of the 1st round and take a LT (Package the 2nd and 3rd round picks). Now if we draft a LT at spot 9 we would need to use the second and third round picks to bulk up our front 7 and just take who is the best on the D-line or OLB spots.

To me it all depends on who we get in free agency. If we can get a Derrick Johnson to play OLB then we have one less spot that we have to draft, if the organization likes Brohm then we might not need to draft a QB (Probably bring in a stop gap guy like Pennington or Kerry Collins).

Yeah very few want to trade up giving up picks to pay more for a player. BUT the way I look at it is at pick 9 we are very flexible because if there is still an elite player available that we don't have a need for (Lets just say Eric Berry) or a player that some team falls in love with (Tim Tebow) then I see a scenario in which we can trade down and pick up an extra second or 3rd round pick.

I would love for there to be a trade down but its likely not to happen so I say draft McClain or a LT at the 9 spot. Now if you draft McClain at pick 9 we need to go and trade up into the backend of the 1st round and take a LT (Package the 2nd and 3rd round picks). Now if we draft a LT at spot 9 we would need to use the second and third round picks to bulk up our front 7 and just take who is the best on the D-line or OLB spots.

To me it all depends on who we get in free agency. If we can get a Derrick Johnson to play OLB then we have one less spot that we have to draft, if the organization likes Brohm then we might not need to draft a QB (Probably bring in a stop gap guy like Pennington or Kerry Collins).

You make a good point with respect to free agent acquisitions. If the front office can make some judicious free agent acquisitions the Bills will have a lot more flexibility in the draft. Getting a starting free agent LT in free agency is very difficult. Most normal teams covet their franchise LTs while the bumbling Bills got rid of their LT in Peters. But that stupid episode is in the past. In my view it is critical that the Bills need to get their LT in this draft. It might not be sexy to draft an offensive lineman with the first pick but the Bills have a desperate need to do so. Last year, the Bills addressed the interior of the line by drafting Woods, Levitre and brought in Hangarter. If the Bills can fill the tackle positions on the line then there is some hope for the offense. It is my view that the line MUST be addressed even before the QB position is addressed because it doesn't matter who the qb is if the line is a sieve.

DraftTek Simulator

The Bills then choose

This is great because these mocks are never ever on target.

Davis is a reach at 13 while Odrick at 9 isn't, okay.

Davis is going to go in the top 15 this year he has the size and everything to be a LT.

I chatted with Chuck Cypert, who IMO is one of the top draft authorities year in and year out. Here's what he had to say about the DT's:

"Brian Price, although listed at 6'2" and 300 lbs. is actually closer to 6'1" and under 295 lbs. -- the UCLA underclassman is quick off the ball, but limited to a 3-technique as a 4-3 DT. Yes, he made the All Pac-Ten team (the conference was somewhat devoid of DL talent) and although Chris Foster of the LA Times thinks he should be ranked right behind Suh and Gerald McCoy, he ain't all that. If Marvin Austin had decided to come out this year, he would be ahead of Price as well.

Jared Odrick has continued to climb up the rankings and is a notch over 6'4" with a large enough frame to add more to his actual 298 lbs. His 40 times (as well as 5 and 10 yard increments) are the same, if not better, than Price from an explosion standpoint and he can play either DT position in a 4-3 or DE in a 3-4. Currently, he and Dan Williams of Tennessee are neck-and-neck as the 3rd best DT behind Suh and McCoy."

Okay, I've traded our #9 to San Fran for their #13 and #17.

I got

1 13 Buffalo *Anthony Davis OT Rutgers

1 17 Buffalo Colt McCoy QB Texas

2 41 Buffalo Tyson Alualu DT43 California

3 72 Buffalo *Chad Jones OLB43 LSU

Better?

"Okay, I've traded our #9 to San Fran for their #13 and #17."...

THAT TRADE I WOULD DO IN A HEARBEAT...........

not sure i like your picks.......Anthony Davis, while he grades out this high, has weight & conditioning issues (remember Mike Williams ?).....Colt McCoy at 17 is a HUGE reach......not a good value here at all.

just playing along and assuming the players come off as you predict in this simulator......i would pick

#13- Dan Morgan (DE) best overall value on board.

#17- Bryan Bulaga (OT) best at our need.

Round Pick Team Selection Psn School CRI Delta ReachValue

1 1 St Louis Ndamukong Suh DT43 Nebraska P4Grab +0 Value

1 2 Detroit *Gerald McCoy DT43 Oklahoma P1 -4 Reach

1 3 Tampa Bay *Eric Berry FS Tennessee P4Grab +0 Value

1 4 Washington *Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma P1Grab +0 Value

1 5 Kansas City *Rolando McClain ILB Alabama P3Grab -3 Reach

1 6 Seattle *Joe Haden CB Florida P4Grab -6 Reach

1 7 Cleveland *Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame P1Grab -2 Reach

1 8 Oakland Russell Okung OT Oklahoma State P2Grab +6 Value

1 9 Buffalo Jared Odrick DT43 Penn State P2 -7 Reach

1 10 Denver Brandon Spikes ILB Florida P3 -1 Reach

1 11 Jacksonville Tim Tebow QB Florida P4Grab -14 Reach

1 12 Miami *Dez Bryant WRF Oklahoma State P2Grab +2 Value

1 13 San Francisco *Anthony Davis OT Rutgers P3 -4 Reach

1 14 Seattle *Derrick Morgan DE43 Georgia Tech P3Grab -6 Reach

1 15 NY Giants Taylor Mays FS USC P3 +10 Value

1 16 Tennessee Brandon Graham DE43 Michigan P1 +3 Value

1 17 San Francisco Dan Williams DT34 Tennessee P3 -4 Reach

1 18 Pittsburgh Patrick Robinson CB Florida State P3R -6 Reach

1 19 Atlanta Sean Weatherspoon OLB43 Missouri P2Grab -3 Reach

1 20 Houston Brandon LaFell WRF LSU P4 +6 Value

1 21 Cincinnati Jermaine Gresham TE Oklahoma P1Grab -6 Reach

1 22 New England *Carlos Dunlap DE34 Florida P2 +7 Value

1 23 Green Bay *Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa P1Grab +0 Value

1 24 Philadelphia Jerry Hughes DE43 TCU P1Grab -2 Reach

1 25 NY Jets Trent Williams OG Oklahoma P3 -4 Reach

1 26 Baltimore Mike Iupati OG Idaho P3O -4 Reach

1 27 Arizona Ricky Sapp OLB34 Clemson P3 -1 Reach

1 28 Dallas *Earl Thomas FS Texas P3Grab -5 Reach

1 29 Minnesota Syd'Quan Thompson CB California P2Grab -10 Reach

1 30 San Diego Corey Wootton DE34 Northwestern P2 +11 Value

1 31 New Orleans Charles Brown OT USC P2 +0 Value

1 32 Indianapolis Sergio Kindle OLB43 Texas P3 -5 Reach

2 33 St Louis Colt McCoy QB Texas P2Grab +15 Value

2 34 Detroit C.J. Spiller RBC Clemson P9Grab +27 Value

2 35 Tampa Bay *Everson Griffen DE43 USC P2 +1 Value

2 36 Kansas City Terrence Cody DT34 Alabama P3 +0 Value

2 37 Washington *Bruce Campbell OT Maryland P2Grab -11 Reach

2 38 Oakland Jon Asamoah OG Illinois P1 -6 Reach

2 39 Seattle *Jonathan Dwyer RBF Georgia Tech P3 -1 Reach

2 40 Cleveland Jeremy Williams WRF Tulane P2 -1 Reach

2 41 Buffalo Selvish Capers OT West Virginia P1 -5 Reach

2 42 Miami Sean Lee ILB Penn State P2 -10 Reach

2 43 Tampa Bay *Golden Tate WRS Notre Dame P3O +11 Value

I happen to think that Odrick at 9 is a massive reach. I think there's 3 or 4 DTs I like better:

Suh (Nebraska)

McCoy (Oklahoma)

Price (UCLA)

Cody (Alabama)

and maybe even Arthur Jones (Syracuse)

I'd rate Odrick as a borderline top 40 pick, but that's just me.

Capers in round 2 makes sense to me though, good value and fills a need.

Hmmm borderline top 40 pick from Penn St?

Sounds like a done deal to me.

Personally I'd prefer something along the lines of...

1. Brandon Spikes LB Florida

2. Selvish Capers OT West Virginia

3. Vince Oghobaase DT Duke

4. Dan LeFevour QB Central Michigan

Thoughts?

youre about to be flamed since some people dont believe Spikes is high first round caliber, but i like him.