Coach Sal show on tonight...some Cowher news

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/buffalo-bills-now

Just heard him report that Jim Kelly is heavily involved in lobbying Bill Cowher as recently as 5 days ago. The Bills are still pressing Cowher even while conducting interviews.

PTR

i am watching and listening to it right now - how kewl is this.

as i know nothing about this internet show - when is it on days and times?

thanks ptr

I don't think Cowher is coming to Buffalo. If this report is true then it basically means that Jim Kelly (Who is not a high ranking official of the Buffalo Bills) is begging Cowher to come to Buffalo. Now if Buffalo was negotiating formally I would be encouraged that Cowher is at least considering Buffalo and wanting to test the waters.

I feel like the Bills just aren't going to get Cowher now I do like the fact that they are actively interviewing others for the job. I would love to get Cowher but if they guy hasn't started negotiations then it just isn't going to happen. I hope I am wrong but if the guy doesn't want to be here then thats all she wrote.

Sal said the Cowher situation with the Bills means 1 of 2 things at this point:

1. There is interest on both sides and talks are on going.

2. Cowher has declined but is respecting the Bills wishes and not stating publicly he declined because it could hurt their chances to land another coach.

2. Cowher has declined but is respecting the Bills wishes and not stating publicly he declined because it could hurt their chances to land another coach.

Doesn't the current situation have to be #2 because we've requested to speak to other team coaches....B. Schott, Grimm, etc.?????

Doesn't the current situation have to be #2 because we've requested to speak to other team coaches....B. Schott, Grimm, etc.?????

I don't follow your reasoning. They've made Cowher an offer, made clear that he's their number one choice, but are aware that he might say no and as a result, have to keep the process going for that contingency.

In fact, reason #2 doesn't make too much sense to me.

How are coaching candidates going to feel if they know they weren't the first choice? Albeit this is a weak argument but it's certainly not going to make the other candidates feel more strongly about the opening. The spectre of Cowher looming above this search would, to me, make the job less attractive to others, not more.

It's convoluted reasoning to think that because Cowher hasn't said no yet, that this somehow helps preserve the Bills organizational credibility. Hogwash the more I think about it.

No big news. Just the Kelly lobbying Cowher and the fact that he has not officially said no yet. Likely waiting to see how Carolina plays out before he does. Also said he knows nothing about the magical 1/15/2010 date Thurman tweeted about, except to say something that Thurman has backed off that tweet.

Someone asked about Sal's schedule. He is on every Tuesday at 9pm ET. He also does a post-game show after every Bills game. FYI there is a similar USTREAM show for Sabres fans too. http://www.justin.tv/buffalo_sabres_now

PTR

I don't think anyone can say with certainty that Cowher definitively said NO at any point.

No, I'm asking if Coach Sal said this on his online radio show--- a poster on another board alluded to it. The show gets archived when finished, but it's still going, now.

No, I'm asking if Coach Sal said this on his online radio show--- a poster on another board alluded to it. The show gets archived when finished, but it's still going, now.

That's what Sal said...that Cowher has not said "no." Also no reporter, Shefter included, cites any source when saying Cowher won't come here. So far it's all opinion and conjecture. That said, the fact that little contact has occurred between the two parties suggests that it looks pretty unlikely.

PTR

That's what Sal said...that Cowher has not said "no." Also no reporter, Shefter included, cites any source when saying Cowher won't come here. So far it's all opinion and conjecture. That said, the fact that little contact has occurred between the two parties suggests that it looks pretty unlikely.

PTR

Thanks!