[please fix subject]

Just read (via Twitter) that Mike Catalana of WHAM-13 in Rochester says Brian and Marty Schottenheimer to the Bills. In what role? He didn't say.

http://twitter.com/MikeCatalana

Did you read that tweet? He said ESPN reported the Schott thing...He described it as ESPN throwing something against the wall "They hope this sticks."

Just saying... :D

Martyball is still my #1 choice....not sure how I feel about Brian Schottenheimer yet, but I'd love having Marty in town.

If Brian ends up as the HC and Marty comes on as some sort of consultant, I'm all for it with a big thumbs up. I'll admit, I wasn't big on Brian Schottenheimer as our head coach to begin with, but I came away very impressed with his play calling against a tough Bengals Defense.

He also seems to know he needs to shelter Mark Sanchez and play to his strengths which dictates to me understands ADJUSTMENTS. Something that has been lacking in Buffalo for the last decade. Also, the guy's offense runs playaction 30% of the time! How a team like Buffalo who has two really good RBs (one of whom broke the team record for all-purpose yards in a single season) decided never to run playaction is beyond me.

If Brian ends up as the HC and Marty comes on as some sort of consultant, I'm all for it with a big thumbs up. I'll admit, I wasn't big on Brian Schottenheimer as our head coach to begin with, but I came away very impressed with his play calling against a tough Bengals Defense.

We certainly wouldn't have a "Pop Warner" offense, that's for sure. The two things I like about the jets offense was how they use motion and the misdirection running plays they run. Compare that to AVP, how many different running plays did we run. maybe 3? The toss, straight up the gut, and that shotgun hand-off are all I can think of right now.

He also seems to know he needs to shelter Mark Sanchez and play to his strengths which dictates to me understands ADJUSTMENTS. Something that has been lacking in Buffalo for the last decade. Also, the guy's offense runs playaction 30% of the time! How a team like Buffalo who has two really good RBs (one of whom broke the team record for all-purpose yards in a single season) decided never to run playaction is beyond me.

REally? B shott's offenses have no ranked higher than 16th the past few years. Yea they got to the playoffs but really? this is the guy you people want? he's not an offensive guru.

REally? B shott's offenses have no ranked higher than 16th the past few years. Yea they got to the playoffs but really? this is the guy you people want? he's not an offensive guru.

Look who his QB's were. Rushing attack has been #1 since he took over. But thats not any good right? He has a rookie QB now and is doing wonders with it. O and did you know the Jets and B Schott are in the Playoffs??

Man i would hate to have an OC/HC with playoff EXP and EXP coaching a rookie QB :D

We certainly wouldn't have a "Pop Warner" offense, that's for sure. The two things I like about the jets offense was how they use motion and the misdirection running plays they run. Compare that to AVP, how many different running plays did we run. maybe 3? The toss, straight up the gut, and that shotgun hand-off are all I can think of right now.

First of all.. Marty-ball is "Pop Warner".... Secondly, the Cowboys beat us in consecutive Superbowls with only 6 run plays... Things don't have to be complicated if you have have talent!!! You need a freakin QB and OLine.. Very simple, yet difficult to achieve...

Look who his QB's were. Rushing attack has been #1 since he took over. But thats not any good right? He has a rookie QB now and is doing wonders with it. O and did you know the Jets and B Schott are in the Playoffs??

Man i would hate to have an OC/HC with playoff EXP and EXP coaching a rookie QB :D

Yes they were #1 in rushing this year and won a playoff game. but one playoff game isnt exactly the EXP im looking for.

PS- the JEts were 9th in 2008 and 19th in 2007 in rushing since he took over. NOT #1

the passing attack was even worse.

Beware of the one year wonder.

Martyball is still my #1 choice....not sure how I feel about Brian Schottenheimer yet, but I'd love having Marty in town.

I agree!! I hope if the Schottenheimer's come to Buffalo, that Marty is the HC. If Marty had the tenure with one team like Cowher did, he would have won the Superbowl as well. Marty's last year with SD, the Chargers were 14-2, I think everyone here would love to see the Bills finish with a 14-2 record especially after the decade we had.

Yes they were #1 in rushing this year and won a playoff game. but one playoff game isnt exactly the EXP im looking for.

PS- the JEts were 9th in 2008 and 19th in 2007 in rushing since he took over. NOT #1

P.S. Thomas Jones was number 1 in the AFC those years if i do recall, i dont have the stats in front of me but it sounds right.

P.S. Thomas Jones was number 1 in the AFC those years if i do recall, i dont have the stats in front of me but it sounds right.

He was 18th in 07 and 8 in 2008.

My only point is that this OC has not been lighting up defenses since hes been at NYJ, yea his personnel blows but then why will he do any better here with this roster?

THis has failure written all over it.

I dont want to take a bigger chance on an unproven guy. B shott is unproven and his track record isnt stellar.

They were #1 this year.

Id like someone to do the leg work and rank them total over the last 3 years. Prolly pretty high. Not #1 I imagine, but up near the top.

For what it's worth I decided to tweet our favorite man Adam Schefter on both Marty and Brian to Buffalo rumor, his reply was "Brian Yes, Marty No"

I think Schefter has proven consistently this offseason that he has zero sources within the Bills organization. If you want to give something a whirl for us twitter-less folks, try and pose the same question to Jay Glazer over on Fox Sports. He does seem to have a few connections with the Bills, I'd be interested in what he has to say since he broke the "Brian Schottenheimer to interview" story yesterday.

They were #1 this year.

Id like someone to do the leg work and rank them total over the last 3 years. Prolly pretty high. Not #1 I imagine, but up near the top.

Right they had the #1 rushing this year. Big deal. I want a potent offense. #1 in rushing and #17 in scoring doesnt impress me that much.

Besides, you can spin it anyway you want but the JEts made the playoffs with the #1 defense in yds allowed and pts allowed. That has more to do with it than B shotts 20th ranked Offense.

I mean are you people really saying its all B shott not the #1 defense ?

Right they had the #1 rushing this year. Big deal. I want a potent offense. #1 in rushing and #17 in scoring doesnt impress me that much.

Besides, you can spin it anyway you want but the JEts made the playoffs with the #1 defense in yds allowed and pts allowed. That has more to do with it than B shotts 20th ranked Offense.

At this point Jesus Christ descending to coach the Bills won't impress half the fan base.

Im just saying I think hes more attractive than some of the other candidates we could pick.

My#1 is Marty (possibly with B- Shott as OC)

2nd is Harbaugh

3rd is B- Shott

4th is Cowher. Only lower on the list because he obviously doesnt want to be here and because it would cost us a S*&T ton to get him. Then you have to dedicate another 10+m/yr to his assistants. After paying 20-25m/yr to coaches where are we going to come up with money for free agents that he would want. Then you have to think ticket prices go up by 50% within 3 years. Im not saying I wouldnt be ok with Cowher, or happy we had him, but there are reasons he should be down on our lists.

The more I think of it, Marty would only stick around for about 2-3 seasons anyways and has expeirience in turning a franchise around...I am starting to think I would be more than ok with him...it will get us back on the road to respectibility with a chance to end being able to attract FAs and a good HC next time around. Even if it is his son as AHC/OC and then him possibly taking the reigns...I might be able to live with that.

Its my understanding that coordinators cant laterally transfer. I dont know if B shotts contract is up but i dont htink he can come to the bills as his dads OC.

He can come on as coordinator here only if there is a pay raise involved. Even if it's $1 over his current yearly salary with the Jets, that'll work just fine. If a pay raise isn't an option for the Bills, he can come on if another title is added to his current coordinator position, such as "assistant head coach".

He can come on as coordinator here only if there is a pay raise involved. Even if it's $1 over his current yearly salary with the Jets, that'll work just fine. If a pay raise isn't an option for the Bills, he can come on if another title is added to his current coordinator position, such as "assistant head coach".

I tried to find the precise rule but cant seem to find it anywhere.

IF I recall correctly, and I'll try to find the exact rule, moving laterally from team to team isn't allowed. If we took on BSchott under his dad, he would have to have the Assistant HC title and a pay raise. I'll see if I can find that rule.

This coach search has attracted TBD's best and brightest. Apparently reading comprehension is not a pre-req.

Why all of the negativity ? The board is all about opinions if people want to get excited over specutlation what is the harm ?t. There has been very little to get excited about on the field. That said, this would be a great thing, Marty then Brian in a few years. omg we might actually get some professional coaching and yes continuity