[please fix subject]

Does anyone have a link to ESPN reporting this, or was it on TV this morning? I'm not finding anything on their website.

It looks like there might be something on the paid "Insider" part of the website (I don't subscribe). Other than that, I can't find anything, either.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If Brian ends up as the HC and Marty comes on as some sort of consultant, I'm all for it with a big thumbs up. I'll admit, I wasn't big on Brian Schottenheimer as our head coach to begin with, but I came away very impressed with his play calling against a tough Bengals Defense.

He also seems to know he needs to shelter Mark Sanchez and play to his strengths which dictates to me understands ADJUSTMENTS. Something that has been lacking in Buffalo for the last decade. Also, the guy's offense runs playaction 30% of the time! How a team like Buffalo who has two really good RBs (one of whom broke the team record for all-purpose yards in a single season) decided never to run playaction is beyond me.

Good points, all...but here's the thing:

he's interviewing for the head coaching position, not offensive coordinator.

He also seems to know he needs to shelter Mark Sanchez and play to his strengths which dictates to me understands ADJUSTMENTS. Something that has been lacking in Buffalo for the last decade.

Remember that I'm saying this....... Brohm is as good as Sanchez; whether he ever has the supporting cast and the chance to prove it is an entirely different matter! :thumbdown:

I agree!! I hope if the Schottenheimer's come to Buffalo, that Marty is the HC. If Marty had the tenure with one team like Cowher did, he would have won the Superbowl as well. Marty's last year with SD, the Chargers were 14-2, I think everyone here would love to see the Bills finish with a 14-2 record especially after the decade we had.

Its intereting that Ryan, Phillips, and Harbaugh- all sons of former head coaches - are still standing in the playoffs. It bodes well for Schottenheimer if successful head coaches dont fall too far from the tree.

If Brian ends up as the HC and Marty comes on as some sort of consultant, I'm all for it with a big thumbs up. I'll admit, I wasn't big on Brian Schottenheimer as our head coach to begin with, but I came away very impressed with his play calling against a tough Bengals Defense.

He also seems to know he needs to shelter Mark Sanchez and play to his strengths which dictates to me understands ADJUSTMENTS. Something that has been lacking in Buffalo for the last decade. Also, the guy's offense runs playaction 30% of the time! How a team like Buffalo who has two really good RBs (one of whom broke the team record for all-purpose yards in a single season) decided never to run playaction is beyond me.

there's a big difference here in buffalo that you have to keep in mind. 1) the jets have a pretty good offensive line, and 2) i'd take the jones/greene combo over fjax/lynch combo. that's the reason why they can do play action and bootlegs.

The reality is if you get the son dad will be around to help. Most fathers want their kids to succeed and will do everthing in their power to help.

That's actually a very good point. And perhaps there's a little bit of that wanting to work w/ your offspring, like Ripken/Ripken, Griffey/Griffey and Alou/Alou thing. I know it's baseball and probably won't happen, but, nonetheless, I'm sure the two have talked about it at least once in their lives.

So Brohm didn't have a supporting cast in Green Bay where they put up 45 points on Sunday?

yeah there's a reason why a 2nd round pick was only on the practice squad in his second year. that's gotta be a huge red flag right? the packers didn't even think he was as good as matt flynn...

REally? B shott's offenses have no ranked higher than 16th the past few years. Yea they got to the playoffs but really? this is the guy you people want? he's not an offensive guru.

"Yea they got to the playoffs but really?" Winning is all that matters!

one good thing about getting billick is that he seems to have a knack for hiring good D coordinators. He's had some solid assistants under him over the years like Marvin Lewis, Rex Ryan, and Mike Singletary. not saying bschott couldn't hire some good assistants, but billick has a track record of doing so.

They can't get Brian unless he's HC. No way the Jets let him go to be our OC.

Then Brian can hire Dad to do whatever.

Also, put yourself in Marty's shoes. He's 67 and obviously a huge advocate for his family. I would think that he'd rather have his son get a HC job than get one himself over his son.

Just curious... has anyone asked Marty S. about any of this, i.e. being a "consultant" to help Brian S. in a HC job? Or is this all baseless speculation and hope that Marty will come out of retirement for any type of job?

Yes, fathers want their sons to succeed. But, they (or some at least) also want them to stand on their own 2 feet and perhaps even establish a name for themselves.